“Healthy doesn't have to be BORING!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jayyid Harvest - CLOSED

Jayyid Harvest
Steuben ME
“Healthy doesn't have to be BORING!”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I had a great lunch at Jayyid this weekend. Ordered the "Pooh's BBQ" and it was delicious. Don't worry about this being a vegetarian place... the food should appeal to herbivore and carnivores alike! Owners are friendly and eager to strike up a conversation. Very modern and contemporary decor. It is about time that there is a vegetarian restaurant back in the area! Please give them your support!

Couldn't quite give it five stars as the drink selection was minimal (coffee, tea or water). They also had a problem with their credit card machine. Be patient... they just hit their first year of business.

Will definitely be back again. Looking forward to trying other things on the menu

• Visited November 2012

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Music needed...”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

My husband and I tried this restaurant last week and we were very surprised that from 5:30 - 6:30pm on a Thursday evening we were the only ones in the restaurant. I think there are a few things lacking that may cause the slow business. When we walked in the door it was very very quiet in there. I was delighted with the decor, I thought the color scheme and the furniture were very nice, but again it was very quiet. I think the atmosphere would be ten times better if there was some soft music playing. The woman who seated us was standing at the cash register and 2 teenagers were in the dining area and we felt as though our conversation could be heard 100% so it was not a very intimate dinner because it felt wierd to talk. The food was ok (he got the blackbean burger and I got the pepper steak because it got a good review from someone else). We both really think the food needed some spice. The blackbean burger tasted just like the frozen ones we buy at the grocery store and for $9.00 I dont understand why they can't throw a couple fries or chips on the plate with it. Plus it was disappointing that it came out in a plastic burger bowl that you get at a fast food joint.My pepper steak came with a salad, but I got the cucumber salad dressing and it tasted just like a cucumber thrown in a blender, no spices or flavor whatsoever. My pepper steak tasted ok, but that was it...ok. It really needed some seasonings, it really didnt taste like anything. I ate about 1/3 of it and threw the rest out. The only other thing that I think might keep customers away is the fact that you may not bring in wine and they do not serve it. Quite a large percentage of diners like to be able to have a glass of wine with dinner so that could keep customers away. Maybe they get a large lunch crowd, but otherwise I am not sure how they stay open.

• Visited October 2012
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
“Great vegetarian food!”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Ate here yesterday for the first time. The "cheesesteak" sub was good enough to bring me back for lunch again today! Had the blackbean burger today. I would definitely order both sandwiches again. My only criticism is that the burger was a little salty for my taste, but not bad at all. I also had the veggie chili, which was excellent! It was fresh, hearty, and spicy...the way I like it.

So far, I've only had lunch items, and done carry-out, so I can't comment on the entrees or the wait staff. However, the owner has been behind the counter both days, and is very helpful, friendly and receptive to questions.

I agree that it is pricey, but that's because vegetarian meat substitutes and fresh produce are more expensive than the bulk meats that most restaurants serve.

• Visited October 2012
Virginia
“Good vegetarian option!”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

My family recently tried this restaurant for the first time. Everything is vegan or vegetarian.

Pros:
-Extensive menu with lots of choices. Nearly everything is made with meat substitutes.
-Unique flavors
-In an old townhouse. Very tastefully designed and hip inside.

Cons:
-A little pricey
-Some of the dishes, while good, weren't quite what was expected. E.g., sweet Alfredo sauce
-The menu is on the wall, which is difficult to read if you're at a far table
-It isn't clear what is included. The waitress asked if we wanted fries or salad with our wrap. When we got the check, we were surprised to see that we were charged separately for the fries.
-the waitstaff could have been more attentive. We had to ask for more water twice.

The best dish was the pepper steak entree. Avoid the peach cobbler. All in all, we'll be back.

• Visited June 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Fantastic vegetarian and vegan food!”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

New restaurant with a varied menu that caters to vegan and vegetarian customers, a valuable find in the Harrisburg restaurant scene!

• Visited February 2012