“Awful noise from unit above” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North

Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Franconia, United States
“Awful noise from unit above”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was a very noisy hotel. It was right off of I-81 so traffic was loud but the floor of the unit above us was so creaky that we listened to the people upstairs all night long - as they were up taking showers at 3:30AM! Then back up at 6AM to start over....it was the worst experience at a hotel that we have ever had. Would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
We sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Your comfort and safety are our top concerns so we appreciate you bringing this to our attention and your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. We hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Santa Clarita, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel is extremely well run by a polite, friendly, and helpful staff. The hotel was convenient to the Pennsylvania Farm Complex and major highways. We were greeted every time we entered and left the hotel, and the entire staff constantly inquired about the satisfaction of our stay. The complimentary breakfast was good and the staff met all of our requests. If every hotel was run this way, travel would be a far better and more enjoyable experience. I would definitely stay here if I return to the Harrisburg area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We appreciate your wonderful comments. Our hotel is conveniently located to the PA Farm Show Complex. We certainly hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again.
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. The hotel is fantastic ... for the most part. It is brand new, sparkling clean, good water pressure in the shower, nice pool and fitness center, and a very friendly, polite, welcoming, and helpful staff ... but ...

Do not underestimate the negative reviews which mention the noise on the highway side. I'm a heavy sleeper - I've slept through fire alarms at hotels, and an earthquake once, literally. The road noise here was unbearable. I woke up around 2:30 AM and could not fall back to sleep as a result of it. Not only is their road noise, but some weird thing with the design of the hotel creates this strange, squeaking reverberation of the road noise every time a truck drives by which comes from the hallway, which is worse than just the road noise. They need to do something to better soundproof that side of the hotel.

Also - the doors do not perfectly fit the door jambs, and let a lot of light in from the hallway. I like my rooms to be totally dark, and the light from around the door was blazing into my room all night. I had to get up and put a towel at the bottom of the door to block out the light.

The hotel is kind of hard to get to from the highway, off by itself and a Spring Hill Suites in a business park type area. There is nothing within walking distance as far as food options, and it is a good 2.5-3 mile drive to find multiple restaurant selections. I heard there is a Cracker Barrel closer, but not my first choice. As far as I know, they do not do a manager's reception, like other Hampton Inns do where they offer free drinks and appetizers Monday - Thursday 5-7 or along those lines. I think that due to their lack of close dining and bar establishments,, they should offer this to their guests.

And finally, I booked a king bed room and got two queens. No big deal, but not what I asked for, and there was no apology or mention of "oh we're sorry a kind wasn't available, hope this isn't a problem for you, sir" or anything like that.

So these are the issues I had with the hotel and why I cannot give it 5 stars. I was torn between 3-4 stars, but the friendliness of the staff and cleanliness / condition of the nice new hotel made up for some of the above issues.

Room Tip: Seriously, get a room away from the road side at all costs
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We appreciate your feedback as it offers us the insight as to the product and service that we provide.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is one of my favorite hotels. The staff is always pleasant. John greets me in the morning ALWAYs with a smile. The customer service at this hotel is "far exceeds". It is nice to see a hotel staff take pride in their jobs. The rooms are exceptionally clean and the location is great.
The coffee is always fresh and the breakfast buffet exceptional.
I almost hate to say great things about this hotel because when it is full and I have to stay somewhere else, there are times I want to just cancel my trip.....so don't stay here....lol.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We are so glad that you enjoy our hotel and come back each time you are in the area. We appreciate the loyalty and certainly look forward to having you stay with us again.
Cranberry Township, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Excellent. She was helpfull, professional and an excellent actitud. The kind of manager you want to have in your staff. The GM should be proud and glad. In general the whole staff ( Night for check in and morning for check out) was "great" Excellent experience. Would recommend hotel to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We appreciate your comments as it is a great way to let the Staff and Mangement know what we are doing right and where we have room for improvement. We hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again.
Bolivia, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

My wife and I left our home in Supply, NC on May 2, 2014 heading to Sharon, VT to visit our son, daughter-in-love and precious 13 month old grandson. This hotel was very inviting, clean, and had an "Angel" working behind the registration desk. While checking in with another clerk who was very helpful, Kristina Murphy asked me how I was doing. I proceeded to tell her that we had ruined a tire with a nail in the side. We had been trying for over 2 hrs to find a replacement tire and had been unsuccessful due to the speciality of the tire. No one stocked it. Kristina said to "write the size down and I will find you a tire". Within 15 min. Kristina had located a tire, and made an appointment to get the tire put on tonight. (It was already after 7:00 P.M.). She truly went above and beyond in providing excellent customer service. I will make a point in staying here on our return trip. I am now sporting a new tire and can continue my trip safely, thanks to Kristina.

2 Thank Allen R
Moseley, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel and staff are the best! Every encounter with a staff member was a pleasant experience. We were on a Spring Break vacation and this place made it very enjoyable from the pool to the breakfast. The breakfast attendant (Vickie) went above and beyond each morning to make sure my kids were satisfied with the offerings. She went so far as to make sure my 5 year had a cheese omelet prepared instead of the Western Omelet (contains peppers) for him. The front desk staff was always available offer alternative activities or provide local opinions on things to do. I have stayed at many hotels of varying "stars" but I have never experienced such a great one as this one.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family