“No Hampton Discounts nor room amenities”

Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North
Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We try to always stay at Hamptons. This is the first time I was unable to receive either an AAA or AARP 10% discount. Also, there was not the typical refrig nor microwave in the room (yet the rate was $149) The hotel itself and the staff were excellent and it is not their fault

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We appreciate your comments. Our hotel welcomes AAA and AARP members and regularly has the rates available. Our hotel does have refrigerators and microwaves in our studio suites. They are also available for rent for our standard rooms. We would have been happy to have stored something for you in the refrigerator located behind the front desk. We are sorry that we did not live up to your expectations.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We were traveling through and booked this hotel for one night. It was an ok room. A bit noisy on the highway side....ask for the other side. The desk staff was very friendly! But we did have A problem with the air conditioning, and the tv didn't work after three tries to fix it. So, they took the whole room charge off our bill! Wow! I know they say they guarantee you are satisfied, and now I know they mean it! Rated this hotel very good because they made us feel good about coming back.

Room Tip: Not on highway side
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa S

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We apologize for the challenges that you had experienced during your stay which is why Hampton has a 100% guarantee. We hope to have the opporutnity for you to stay with us again and experience what we are truly about.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was the best Hampton Inn that I ever stayed at for quality and service. My wife joined me later in the week and she thought the same thing. I was staying with family when I first arrived in the Harrisburg area, so I stopped by early to check out the hotel. Since I was going to be staying for an extended period, I asked if they could assure that I would have a room opposite the highway and they readily compiled. While checking out the hotel grounds, everyone of the staff that I encountered was incredibly nice. I even struck up a nice long conversation with the grounds maintenance person that told me all about the hotel until he had to get back to work. The room was really nice, The only drawback is the location is a bit out of the way, but I am originally from the Harrisburg area, so it was not a problem for me as I knew where to go. It is right off of a major interstate though. It is a good hotel to stay at if you are visiting nearby Hershey and Hersheypark and want to avoid the high tourist cost of being right in Hershey. It is only about 10 miles to there. All the services were great and the people were all helpful and very friendly. It was the best stay that we have ever had at a Hampton Inn and we stay almost exclusively at Hampton Inn hotels or Hilton hotels when traveling.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton brand. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments as it offers us insight as to the product and the service that we provide to our guests. We certainly hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again when returning to the Harrisburg Hershey area.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We travel in the U.S.A two or thee times a year and we almost always stop at the Hampton Inns. It is always clean and fresh. The complimentory breakfasts are very good as well as the service in general. It is quiet and the beds are very confortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We appreciate your loyalty to Hampton Inns when traveling within the US. We hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again when traveling through the Harrisburg Hershey area.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My family and I are staying here for business. Staying for at least a week. That's a long stay for a family of four. From check-in, the entire staff have been friendly and welcoming. Front desk staff are always smiling and accommodating. Christina even gave my son a free pack of gummy bears. We have had breakfast here everyday. We appreciate the variety of the food offered and the cleanliness of the facility. Vicki has been super friendly and helpful! She makes herself available and works quickly with a smile. Somehow she manages to get the job done well while still connecting with guests. I can say the same for the manager that often walks around greeting guests during breakfast. He makes conversation with us each day and is nice to my children. Kim in housekeeping has also made an impression on us. She laughs and jokes around with us in the elevator and the hallways. Another housekeeper has passed us in the hallways and specifically asked if we have everything we need. Friendliest housekeeping staff I've ever encountered.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gina S

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We value the feedback we receive as it offers us insight on the service and accommodations that we provide. Our staff strives to offer exceptional service and cleanliness. We hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

One of the graces of the Hampton Inns is their dependability. I've stayed in several dozen of them from New England to the Carolinas. Earlier this month, however, I had the good fortune to stay at the one at Harrisburg North, just off of Route 81. The room was particularly large and comfortable; the bed and mattress were of first quality. Service at the desk, both evening and morning, was gracious and friendly. The clock radio by the bed even worked which is very rare for any establishment in my experience; The "White Noise" was a real treat through the night.
One minor problem-it's a bit hard to locate after sunset.
All in all, a first-class operation; congratulations.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hampton brand and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Very clean hotel with well appointed rooms, outdone only by the extremely friendly, attentive staff. We were greeted for a late arrival by Christina, who was knowledgeable and committed to customer service; she set the tone for all staff interaction throughout our stay. Special note to John (Security, I believe?) who happened to greet us at the morning coffee station with the cheerfulness and attentiveness more of an owner than an employee.

Our rooms were on the RT 81 side of the hotel, but we were not bothered in the least by the "road noise" highlighted in other reviews. As city dwellers, we are probably blessed not to require absolute silence to sleep. The low, non-intrusive hum of the traffic actually became the stimulus for the commencement of a wonderful night of rest. The complete lack of internal "hallway noise" was most welcome, as this is most often the cause for sleep interruption. This hotel was wonderfully quiet for our stay.

Full hot breakfast was included and was also delightful. Everything was fresh, and nothing was rushed making for a nice way to start the day.

We travel quite often, but seldom do I take the time to write a review, yet the cleanliness of this hotel, accompanied by the highly charged, and customer service committed staff, makes this Hampton Inn a place we shall return to again! Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joe E
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We appreciate your wonderful comments as it offers us insight as to the products and service that we offer. We certainly hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again.