“homeward suites”

Homewood Suites Harrisburg East-Hershey Area
Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 December 2013

beautiful lobby very nice hotel we stayed the last 4years. The hotel is very clean and the pool is a nice size for kids. Next to the mall and a few place to eat walking distance. Will stay again. Love the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Overall, the hotel was fine. Friendly staff and clean property. Increasingly, I can not stand the "corporation breakfast" which means high sugar, processed foods, eggs are not fresh, refined flour, and waffles from a tin. Everything is sterile, packaged and bland. I guess I'm staying in the wrong kind of places!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank williampine
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

This is the second year we stayed here for the holidays. I can't say enough about the friendliness of the staff & how they bend over backwards to make you feel right at home. From the warm smile and cheery demeanor at check in to the delicious complimentary hot breakfast when you wake up in the morning, this hotel lacks nothing. The pool doesn't close until midnight & opens bright & early at 6am. The fitness center is open 24 hours. The rooms are clean and very spacious! And having a kitchen in the room is a wonderful convenience. Hershey park & chocolate world is just a few minutes away & we wouldn't stay anywhere else when we travel here. Thank you Homewood Suites for another great family vacation! See you next year!!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I recently stayed for a quick overnight business trip to the Harrisburg area from 11/21/13 -11/22/13 and my company arranged for my stay here. I have stayed many nice places for business and leisure but have never stayed at a Homewood Suites or a Hilton property for that matter but have to say I was quite impressed with the accommodations. To begin with, my colleagues and I were in need of some copies of some documents and the front desk worker was exemplary. Not only did she help us get checked in and oriented but she went above and beyond in terms of helping us out and being so polite, friendly, and professional. I was also pleasantly surprised to discover that they provide complimentary dinner and drinks as well as breakfast in the morning. I am not sure if this is standard at all Homewood Suites or just this one since it is considered an extended stay property but it was an excellent perk. Dinner offerings are different each night and a menu hangs on the refrigerator in each room. The night I was there it was a fabulous taco bar which worked well for everyone in my group including myself even though I am pescatarian. Breakfast was wonderful with all the usual fixings you might expect at a hotel with a waffle maker which in my opinion made the best, crispiest waffles I have had in a hotel. The lobby was just beautiful and decked out in holiday décor. The room suite I had was like a small apartment with a separate bedroom, bathroom, and conjoined kitchen/ living room area. Large TV's in both loving room and bedroom. The king sized bed was quite comfortable and I would describe it as slightly more firm than some of the other places I have stayed but not a negative feature by any means. The sheets and pillows were especially smooth and soft making for a great nights rest. I did take advantage of the whirlpool/spa and pool the evening I am there and although I did swim briefly in the pool I am easily chilled and retreated to the hot tub. It was a quiet Thursday night so I had the whole place to myself which was quite relaxing. Although there is a tub/shower combo in the room I opted for a shower and enjoyed great water pressure and water that was plenty hot enough for my liking. I am not much of one for TV so can't speak about the range of channels/ shows available but did use my laptop to do some work and the Wi-Fi worked great. As others have said this property and the staff make your stay comfortable and as close to home as you can get in terms of how they make you feel. I highly recommend you staying here if ever in the Harrisburg region.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor (can't recall my room number, maybe 126?) which was close, quiet, and c...
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This property was wonderful. On a month long stay I had no issues. The staff was awfully helpful. They even arranged for my room to be cleaned in the evenings since I was working night shift. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stay here frequently and they truly make me feel at home. The staff, the rooms, the public spaces are all just as I like them every visit!The location of the hotel for my business is perfect. I always feel safe here. I can walk to several places to eat, the Bass pro shop and its attached mall is a pleasant walk away. Easy on and off interstate 83 and PA turnpike. Hershey Park is a short ride away as is the PA state capitol.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotel sets the standard not only for Homewood Suites but for all hotels in the Harrisburg, PA area. If you are in the area for business or pleasure this is the hotel of choice. Conveniently located within minutes of downtown, Hershey, tons of shopping. The Staff is the best at what they do. If you need anything just ask.