“Very good in every way”

Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Gillett
“Very good in every way”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Our family stayed for one night while waiting to visit Hershey Park. Only about 9 miles from the park and a pretty easy commute.
We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite for our family of 4 and had plenty of room.
The pool is small, hot tub is nice and the pool area is nice but wifi was weak.
The room was super clean with very nice furnishings. Beds and pillows were very comfortable.
Wifi in the room and the breakfast area is very good.
Hotel is in a business area...but makes it close to many restaurants and the Bass Pro shop is a big draw.
Breakfast was good with a nice selection of items.
Recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We had room 135. Close to lobby, pool and parking. Worked very well for us.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Was
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I would have given a 5 star but the only downfall was the breakfast. They could do better. Stick to the donuts, juice, and coffee. The room was nice and clean and spacious- we had a 2 bedroom suite. Beds were very comfy. Family friendly and clean nice environment. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

NE PA USA
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

The last time I stayed here it was a work trip, so I had just the single king bed suite. This time it was for a family trip to Hershey, with 2 teen sons, 12 yr old daughter, myself & husband. Hershey properties couldn't get us all in one room. Here we were able to have the space we needed, dinner at night and hot breakfast all included. I was able to keep our food in the fridge, ice packs in freezer, so we had them all set for the cooler to take with us for our picnic lunch outside the Hershey gate. That saved us a lot of $ in food costs. We bought discounted tickets at the front desk. I forgot a corkscrew for our wine, but the front desk had them for no cost. Everyone on staff was very cheerful. The pool was very nice and warm--I only get in if the water is warm, and it was great. Enjoyed the jacuzzi, too. Our room was very comfortable space-wise. Wireless was a bit sketchy, perhaps due to room location. It worked well in the lounge/common area off the lobby. The hotel was very quiet. My only "complaint" was the hallway outside of our room felt as frigid as a meat locker when exiting our room. The rooms themselves have very good (and quiet) adjustable AC/heat thermostats. The bedrooms had ceiling fans as well. Only a few minutes to Hershey Park, very easy. If you do want to eat out, plenty of options within walking distance in that Tecport business park. We. Also liked the proximity to the mall and Bass Pro Shop. Definitely our "go to" hotel when in the area.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here previously and made the easy decision to stay again for 2 nights this past week. It really is a great quiet hotel about 15 - 20 minutes from the park. Clean, spacious rooms (we had a 1 bedroom) with everything you can ask for. We checked in late Monday evening on the 1st day after Hersheypark without a hitch. The young lady at the desk was both pleasant and helpful keeping up that friendly service I expected. Always greeted with a smile by every staff member. There are plenty of options around the hotel area for dining as well as the mall. I always recommend this hotel when friends tell me they are planning a trip to the area and will continue to do so.

Libertyville, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed here recently for 4 nights from August 1st-4th 2014, and had an amazing experience. With my family of 5 we would easily stay in this Hotel if we would return to the Harrisburg area. First, Ashley and everyone at the desk made us feel welcome from the beginning of our stay until the end. They asked about our personal needs each day, checked on the status and satisfaction of our stay and vacation each day, and did so with a warm and positive spirit. For example, Ashley took the time to check on my son who had been sick during this time. I really appreciated her thoughtfulness. This personal touch made a big impression on our family and wanted to again say thanks for your diligent watch. In addition, I love the facility. It's modern and very clean with a great breakfast each day, a nice indoor pool, outdoor basketball court, and very clean spacious rooms. It's also a short 10 minute drive from Hershey and within walking distance of a couple of restaurants. It's about a 40 minute drive from Gettysburg which we visited for a day. I found it to be an easy drive and well worth the visit. Finally, based on the personal touch of the front desk personnel and the overall quality, location, cleanliness, and amenities, it's a must stay in Harrisburg. Thanks

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Evansville, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here a week as we did sightseeing in Hershey, Gettysburg, & Lancaster Co. The location was perfect! And we always looked forward to our 1 Bedroom suite to return too.
The staff were friendly & helpful.
The breakfast. & evening food better then any other complimentary hotel food.

My only OFI is the sofa bed mattress. It is too thin & we can feel every spring. However, the staff were very accommodating to add extra blankets to thicken the mattress.

We will return!

Stayed July 2014
Montville, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Good hotel near Hershey Park. Good breakfast and I like outdoor table. I can cook a simple meal at the small kitchen but coffee maker smelled bad. Little bit remote location but 12 min. to Hershey. Overall excellency...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family