“tour at Christmas”

Fort Hunter Mansion and Park
Ranked #3 of 55 things to do in Harrisburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Built on a bluff overlooking the Susquehanna River, Fort Hunter Mansion and Park has served as a war fort, a hub for frontier commerce, and an exclusive private estate. Now preserved and open to the public, Fort Hunter Mansion and Park invites you to explore Pennsylvania's rich history. Guided tours of Fort Hunter Mansion are available every day but Mondays, May through December. Admission is charged.Fort Hunter Park is open free to the public, daily from 8 am - dusk.
Wellsville, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“tour at Christmas”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

During Christmas is decorated in old fashioned design and was candle lit. Truly enjoyed the guided tour. Would like to do again.

Visited December 2013

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful & Informing”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

What an enjoyable experience. I was out driving with my Maltese, Grace, and decided to stop by the park. I love history and went into the mansion where I was greeted by a woman named Eni. She said that no one else was here so I could tour the mansion with my Gracie if I carried her. Eni was incredible. I learned so much from her, it was amazing. I myself have done Civil war re-enacting, but Eni really enlighten me on the Revolutionary War. She explained why people had their pictures painted with their eyeglasses. It showed that they were educated and could read and write. And how they wanted to learn how to read so they could read the bible. Wow! Thanks Eni. Great place to visit.

Visited December 2013
Harrisburg, Pa
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“FIne place, good staff”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I was scheduled to give a presentation at this venue and found the facilities to be excellent and the staff to be helpful and knowledgeable. Well worth the visit.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Dan C
PA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Place to Roam around and Learn”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I wanted to enjoy a nice Saturday in our area. We found the Fort Hunter Mansion and Park to be delightful. We love museums and historical sites. We were very pleased with the 45 minute personal tour we had of the mansion. If is very beautiful inside and out. There is also a park and other sites to see spread out around the property. You will learn a lot especially if you are a history buff, but will appreciate it even if you are not. The grounds are lovely and there are archaeological digs underway at the moment.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Caprigirla
Hershey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Lovely historical park”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

If you are a history buff you will like this park, if you are not you will still like it. A beautiful location along the river, great place for a picnic. The wine and music fests draw a big crowd.

Visited September 2013