“Quirky, but a decent meal on a week night”

Hershey Road Family Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 578 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Not quite sure what this place is trying to be, but its a decent place to have a meal. Doesn't quite make it as a traditional diner, but its not highbrow either. Menu is German meets Greek. Decent prep of quality stuff, good size portions and its nice and clean. A little tough to tell the staff from the customers, but service was good. Sure beats a chain meal.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on our return home from a two week New England vacation. It was located near our hotel, so convenience was our reason to choose this location. Wow! The Rueben sandwich was awesome. There are so many great choices on the menu, so we would like to return when traveling through this area. The service was friendly, and helpful. Great find!

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Good food,decent prices, and nice large portions. The staff is pretty friendly and and the atmosphere is pretty neat!!!

Reviewed 30 September 2017

10/10 this place was wonderful. I had german pork chops with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes and my fiancee haf the Reuben meal. OMG everything was phenomenal. The pork chops were so good I damn near cried. The sauerkraut was true german and the potatoes were great. My fiancee's Reuben was heavenly and made perfectly. The service and the atmosphere was amazing. I WILL be coming here again. I highly recommend to anyone in the area.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Staying at La Quinta, this is a very convient place to eat without a drive as it is just across the parking lot.

We were pleased with the food, portion size and service. In the mood for fish the beer battered haddock was a very large portion with two sides, mine a garden salad and the broccoli salad which were tasty and filled the bill.

The baked salmon with sides of garden salad and rice pilaf was another good choice for my partner. No room for desert, we both left full and happy.