“Comfortable lodging near Hershey”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
“Comfortable lodging near Hershey”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

This road side chain hotel is quite new and it shows. My room was clean, comfortable, and big enough to hold two queen beds, an arm chair and ottoman, mini-frig, and microwave. TV channels were extensive--and easily viewable on the flat screen. The bathroom did not have a tub, but the shower was very spacious. Breakfast was more than adequate and served in a larger dining room than I've encountered in similar hotels. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Located about 15 minutes from downtown Harrisburg (by the highway) and 15 minutes in the other direction from Hershey, it is convenient to both. While there are only a couple of restaurants adjacent to the property, many more are located within a five minute drive. I am very familiar with the area and chose this hotel because I liked the idea of staying in a new property and knew I could be anywhere I needed to be in a few minutes--and the price was terrific--under $70 (in the off season). I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Libtrav

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Maryland
Reviewed 6 December 2012

This is a new hotel about 15 mins from downtown Harrisburg, PA. The area is quiet with shopping only minutes away. I realy enjoyed staying at this hotel and will return this summer. Pool area looked inviting but we did not use it this time. Breakfast area was pretty empty since it was the day afterThanksgiving and breakfast items were good but not a large selection. Not bad for a free breakfast though. Still recommend his hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mdcruzer
Neil P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 December 2012
Thank you for your good review of the hotel during your recent stay. I welcome your feedback which is used to help improve the hotel and services we provide. I look forward to seeing you again next year.
Floral Park, New York
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We were a group of two families with kids and parents and grandparents spending time at Hershey Park. We were welcomed warmly, given well done rooms and a great breakfast. The pool was clean and the host was kind enough to give us late checkout on one room so that the kids could have a morning swim session. We were delighted with the friendliness of the staff. We will stay there when we are again in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Excellent hotel! Very satisfied with the quality, cleanliness, value, and service. My visit coincided with Hurricane Sandy, and the manager did everything possible to make sure my stay was second to none, and it was! I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Harrisburg!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Virginia
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Pros--Hotel is new so everything is still nice and clean.
Beds are comfortable with nice linens, room had microwave, refrig. and flat screen tv.
Person at front desk was helpful.
Breaksfast is nice with a good variety of foods and beverages.
Cons--Rooms have a very sterile feel as far as decorating goes. Definitely minimalist and a bit depressing. Dark colors and lots of empty walls.
Walls are quite thin and you can hear people slamming doors all night,
While breaksfast is good, it states that it ends at 10am. I went in at 9:50 am to get some coffee and a belgian waffle. I was told they were closing it down and all I could get was coffee.
Woman was literally jerking food off counters while customers were trying to eat ! So rude !

Advertised fitness center had not been finished., Very small indoor pool.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor, was fairly quiet except for other quests slamming doors.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank catlade54
Virginia
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We have relatives in Harrisburg and visit often. We have stayed at a number of Choice Hotels and could not wait to book this new hotel. The bedding is "wonderful". The pillows and bedding are like sleeping on a cloud. The room is so tastefully decorated. The young lady who checked us in was so nice to us. She helped me with all my needs. The gentleman, Neil, Manger made us feel at home. We can't wait to return to this wonderful establishment. Breakfast was great. Plenty of fruit and eggs, sausage and waffles. Thank you for a wonderful stay at your hotel..

Room Tip: I would think all the rooms are nice. I prefer the upper floors. Just my choice...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kps2play
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I recently made the trip to Harrisburg for a convention, I needed to find a reasonably priced place to stay. I took a chance on sleep inn. It was the best desion my Husband and I could have made. The room was beautiful and immaculately clean, it was updated and had everything we needed. The price was extremely reasonable. I think the best part was how friendly and accommodating the staff at the front desk was. We will definitely be stopping in again for a stay!

• Stayed September 2012