“Adequate, but be careful of internet”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed at the Sleep Inn on Eisenhower two years ago and had been very pleased, so I was expecting the same quality at this hotel (although I see the other has gotten some negative comments recently). My kids spotted a happy meal type ball on the floor as soon as we entered the room. This left me a little nervous about the quality of the cleaning crew. Things looked more worn than I expected at a new hotel, and you can tell the builders were not the best quality (the bathroom caulking was quite messy, which leads to a messy feel overall). The pool was really small, but adequate for kids to play in (although there's not much space for younger kids before it gets too deep for them). The breakfast was typical, but my eggs had very cold spots (I assume they were frozen), and the sausage patties were wet looking and feeling. The walls were pretty thin and I could hear a lot of noise outside the room and above our room. I wouldn't do anything important online unless you have the tech savvy to protect your info. My pinterest account was hacked and a spam board put on there, which has never happened before, but coincidentally happened during my stay. That may not have anything to do with their security, but I thought I'd mention it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank qsaver

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Nice hotel and fairly new, the only major issue we had was that on our final night's stay after being gone all day at the American Dairy Show, we came in late at night to find our room at had not been cleaned or serviced. I feel we should have been refunded for that night, but the desk clerk was unable to do so and haven't had succes in talking to a manager regarding the oversight. Probably won't stay again because of this incident. To bad - decent location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank farmerkmy
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Very nice motel that is either new or newly remodeled. Everything was great except the cleaning crew decided I didn't need my air conditioner on during the day while I was gone. That is not good!!!! Will complain about that when I checkout. Other than that, very nice place.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kirby P
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Very clean newer property with all the extras. Good linens, great front desk, pool, gym and best of all an edible breakfast. Great Value!! Without asking manager insisted I park my motorcycle under the canopy by the office so it would be safe. Good selection on the TV and good internet speed.

Room Tip: check online as rooms are often discounted
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2013

rooms were clean and fresh. check in was a breeze. the hotel was full and there were a lot families traveling with children. they were noisy at times but did not last very long. Spacious and new . we loved it! recommended

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed here using a military discount and got the room for $98 a night. We were visiting Hershey Park and it was a very quick 10-15 minute drive from door to door. No need to pay for the other hotels 2-3 miles away for inflated prices. Spend the extra money you saved at the park and make memories.

The hotel was VERY clean and brand new. When I called the hotel directly make our reservation the gentleman answering, I believe his name was Victor was kind, patient and even asked if we were visiting Hershey Park and where to pick up discount tickets.

The beds were so comfortable I didn't want to get out of bed the next morning. The shower was large and modern. They even made a swan out of the hand towel and placed it on the toilet : ) Nice little touch I think. The breakfast was hot and tasty, nothing special but it filled our bellies. Very nice experience and will stay her again when we visit the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Based on Trip Advisor reviews, we chose Sleep Inn, Allentown Blvd for our family getaway to Hershey. Easy access to highways, restaurants, shopping and of course Hershey. Can't beat the price, choice privilege advanced purchase! Room was clean, but some minor housekeeping issues. Corner of shower looked a little dark, maybe a little bleach? Cracking of caulking around the a/c unit. A broken socket plate behind chair. BUT...beds were clean and comfy..very modern. Kids had fun in pool. Maybe an ice machine for third floor? Breakfast was filling, but need to expand seating area somehow. Also maybe another waffle iron, very popular among the kids. But we had plenty variety, kids were happy, would stay again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor, no one running overhead, or hearing people coming and going to pool and such. :)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family