“Clean and Affordable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
New York City, New York
“Clean and Affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Hotel was clean and rooms are quite large. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Nice breakfast spread as well. Close to highway and 10 minutes from Hershey Park.

Given the price would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JoeGee123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed for one night while visiting Hershey Park. Very clean and the service is great if you are missing anything. Very good breakfast and coffee available all day. Swimming pool was clean and emply.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Although this was just a sleepover it was very nice. Quite a way off of the freeway it is worth the drive. A good value and it was clean, the staff friendly and professional all the way. We would stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

We booked two rooms. A 2 queen ada and 1 king with sleep sofa. Everything was really great. Easy check in / out. Clean spacious rooms with plenty of pillows and blankets. Appealing decor and large work area. Small fridge kept things very cold. Breakfast was great: waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, danishes, fruit. PERFECT and close to HersheyPark

• Stayed September 2013
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Sleep Inn & Suites was our hockey team's lodging of choice while in town for a tourney in Hershey. We researched hotels with the best combination of rates, proximity to the rinks/dining/shopping, amenities for families, and cleanliness. There are a lot of options to choose from in the area, but Sleep Inn emerged as the clear winner in our analysis, and the experience bore out our decison.

I would classify Sleep Inn as in a slightly lower category than Hampton Inn, but at a significantly cheaper price ($30-$40/night). The hotel is new (1 year), so everything is clean and new. I'm hoping that they keep it that way, because it could go downhill fast if not attended to. For example, the bathtub faucet seemed to be loose in the wall, and I can see it pulling out of the wall or rusting over if not taken care of.

The room was comfortable for me and my family. My wife and I slept in a king-size bed; the kids were on a pull out couch. The bed was big enough for the kids to climb into in the middle of the night. Breakfast was good, especially the waffle machines, which were a big hit with the kids.

Several of the families with children made heavy use of the (small) pool. There are also washers and dryers on site, which is handy for a hockey team playing multiple games in a couple of days. Location is fine: on a major road near food and shopping. Right across the street is Arooga's, a sports bar with a wide range of typical fare. We hit up that place several times.

What sets Sleep Inn apart is the quality of the service. The manager was very friendly and accommodating. We are hoping to make his hotel the tournament hotel next year.

One slight drawback is that there is only one--slow--elevator. However, since the buildng is only 3 stories, we usually took the steps, except when we were lugging huge hockey bags.

We will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Very friendly front desk (Nilesh I believe) person. Helped us with finding a good restaurant for dinner (Skyline Family Restaurant) just down the street. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Comp breakfast was OK. Would stay there again if in area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
pa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed at the Sleep Inn on Eisenhower two years ago and had been very pleased, so I was expecting the same quality at this hotel (although I see the other has gotten some negative comments recently). My kids spotted a happy meal type ball on the floor as soon as we entered the room. This left me a little nervous about the quality of the cleaning crew. Things looked more worn than I expected at a new hotel, and you can tell the builders were not the best quality (the bathroom caulking was quite messy, which leads to a messy feel overall). The pool was really small, but adequate for kids to play in (although there's not much space for younger kids before it gets too deep for them). The breakfast was typical, but my eggs had very cold spots (I assume they were frozen), and the sausage patties were wet looking and feeling. The walls were pretty thin and I could hear a lot of noise outside the room and above our room. I wouldn't do anything important online unless you have the tech savvy to protect your info. My pinterest account was hacked and a spam board put on there, which has never happened before, but coincidentally happened during my stay. That may not have anything to do with their security, but I thought I'd mention it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family