“Terrific food at a reasonable price!”

Official BBQ & Burgers
Ranked #40 of 557 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Price range: US$10 - US$49
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: We serve central PA's best BBQ specializing in Carolina style pulled pork, the juiciest sliced beef brisket, delicious burgers and scratch-made sides.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I heard good things about this place but didn't know if I believed them. I was pleasantly surprised with the flavor of the pork BBQ and the choice of several sauces to add to the rich taste. First, the small sandwich was quite large. I am a big eater but even I could have saved a portion of the generous sandwich. I would not even think about getting a large. Two people could easily split a small sandwich. My son ordered the wings and he said that they were his favorite even better than Arrogas or Ted's wings. The wings were large and meaty and the smell and taste were outstanding. We also ordered a large fry. That was a big mistake sine all of us ate the fries and we still had some left over. Two people could again easily split a small order of fries. The fries rivaled Boardwalk fries and were done just right. Overall I would rate the foods excellent. You can even top off your meal with Some of the best ice cream around. Yes - they even have the hard to find teaberry flavor. You gotta try this place. You will not be disappointed!

2  Thank FoofGuy

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

What a surprise. I looked for Barbecue while staying here for work and found this on Trip Advisory.
Impossible to arrive without a GPS.. You go around farms etc.
I had pulled pork with mashed potatoes. Loved. Price was great as well the portion!
My friend asked fries (i loved the ones i got from him) and biskets and loved as well.
I will return when going there.
Excelent price/quality!

3  Thank Reginaldo B
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Sought out this place based on the reviews here and we were not disappointed. My wife and I like to try new restaurants when we travel, and we especially like BBQ, so this was a no-brainer to try.
-Service/Atmosphere- The building is pretty non descript and is a little out of the way, not far out of town, just off the beaten path, with plenty of parking. Inside is simple as well, very functional. Orders are taken at the counter and brought to your table by name, service was fairly quick, about five minutes for us to get our order. Overall very clean as well.
-Food- We ordered two sandwiches, the pulled pork and the brisket. Both were large portions, fair for the price. We also ordered the coleslaw, not a huge portion but well made, crisp cabbage and not soggy or drowned in sauce. Both of the sandwiches were solid, especially the brisket, which had a very pleasant smokey taste. I should say that the meat is not drenched in sauce, just a little for flavoring when served, they provide additional sauce if you want, and include both an original sweet tomato based sauce and a vinegar based carolina style sauce.
-Overall- The sandwiches are a good size, the meat is well prepared, the sauce was not one of the best I've had, but was solid (I did not care for the carolina sauce, mostly on personal preference). If you are in Harrisburg and don't mind a little navigating, I would recommend Official. We will be back.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We were in Harrisburg for a soccer tournament and found this hidden gem by doing some internet surfing. The burger was awesome, super juicy with melt in your mouth bacon. Portions were huge. We shared a pork bbq sandwich, burger and large fries between me, my husband & two growing boys. Friendly staff and clean casual atmosphere. We will definitely stop by next time we are in the area.

1  Thank Jessica V
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Recently the Harrisburg area has had the opening of a number of very god barbecue restaurants. Having lived in Texas for a long period of time - I usually rate these bcue joints on the quality of their beef barbecue. Official barbecue has the best beef barbecue I have tasted in a long time. The side dishes of home made beans, slaw and fries are first rate. The others at my table raved about the pork barbecue too. If you are in our area, you need to try this place. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank jnacc50