“Don't be put off by the exterior”

Vino Italian Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 557 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a small family owned restaurant specializing in authentic Italian cuisine with an emphasis on high quality imported ingredients.
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Don't be put off by the exterior - it's just a small storefront in a strip mall - but the place is fantastic. It's conveniently located off I-81, Exit 72. But, I wouldn't just drop in. Every time I've been there (always on weekdays) the place is packed. I strongly suggest reservations. Vino's specializes in Italian food. They have a variety of entree's that can be prepared with either chicken or veal. My wife and I both like veal so we usually order something with the veal option. We've been there several times in the last few months and everything we've tried there has been excellent. I did try the rib eye steak prepared Italian style one evening and was very pleased with it. The place is relative small. It has a long bar taking up most of the right side of the room and about a dozen tables for four spread across the left side of the room and in the front. The atmosphere is cozy and the service is excellent! The prices are very reasonable - most of the chicken/veal entrees are under $20. They have a nice wine list and also offer beer and liquor. There's a pizza parlor right next door and I think both places are run by the same person. As I said earlier, we've already been there several times this year and plan to go there again soon. If you love Italian food, you have to try Vino's.

1  Thank 1aCruise4wks

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Vino is a small restaurant that seems to share space with the a pizza place next door (you can see the other kitchen through a curtain at the back of the room). But the food here is really good! Crab cakes - awesome! Soup of the day - awesome! Fra diabolo - pretty darn good, but I've had better at The Dockside near Pittsboro, North Carolina. Mussels - great, but too salty (we let them know - maybe they'll be perfect next time). And even when flawed, you could tell that the cooking was thoughtful. Wine list seems limited, but they're big 'ol glasses of wine. Definitely worth checking out.

2  Thank RobertSmithies
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We lucked into this restaurant! We almost did not go in because of the appearance from the outside. It was so dark we thought it was a closed business. Do not be fooled--open the door to this charming place! This is an excellent restaurant that could rival the best Italian restaurants in Manhattan. The owner, Joe, is a great host and most welcoming. We were in Harrisburg for 2 days and had dinner at Vino both nights. We spent the second night trying to convince Joe to move to New York and open a restaurant. The calamari is not to be missed. Everything from the salads to the drinks were perfect!

2  Thank LIerSyosset
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Vino is a very small restaurant tucked in the middle of a strip mall-type location, but don't let that fool you! The service was outstanding, the staff super friendly and the food amazing! Will definitely go back the next time my husband and I attend the Sportsman Show!

1  Thank Debbie2645
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stopped there during a road trip. It's a very small area. However, the food is amazing world class cuisine.

I had fabada soup and Marsala veal, those were a dream of flavor and taste.

My wife had the shrinp scampi and she was very pleased.

Great place.