“Buffet for a Group”

Raspberries Bistro
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, French, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Exton, Pennsylvania
“Buffet for a Group”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

As a quarterly visitor to this hotel and restaurant we are aware of the changes and choices. Today our server with a party of 12 seemed to handle our request for separate checks extremely well. Some of the buffet choices are consistent but bear comment. The tomato-mozzarella salad had far too much vinegar this time and several of us were disappointed. The carvery bar was left unattended for close to 30 minutes while we were told they were restocking (really, it was lunchtime?). Pecan pie was very good as was the peach buckle. The price seems to keep increasing so if I weren't staying at the hotel I would recommend eating elsewhere for far less.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Anne M

Christiansburg, Virginia
“good breakfast”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

good breakfast place if you stayed at Hilton. could be a bit less expensive though. service was great.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank pearl d
latrobe
“Could be a bit less expensive”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Limited fare for lunch/dinner compared to local close-by places. The breakfast buffet was OK and the fresh fruit added depth to the scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank armedinfidel
Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Selection”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I had the "Prime Rib Buffet" for dinner. In addition to the prime rib (which was available rare, thank you very much!), the had a salmon entree topped with crabmeat and asparagus (tasty but cold-- then again, I firmly believe that all restaurants should provide access to two things: a microwave for when your food cools off too much and a sink to wash sticky utensils), a pork roast, some veggie "entree", and orzo. My favorite part was what I call the "mashed potato bar": chunky mashed redskin potatoes with bacon, sour cream, cheese, scallions, and au jus available for toppings. I actually had seconds on the mashed potatoes which is unheard of for me. The salad bar was extensive. They had a delicious whole grain bread and New England clam chowder. The giant bowl of fresh fruit actually managed to entice me away from having too much dessert (did sample the bread pudding and spice cake with cream cheese frosting-- just samples! Both yummy!) Tons of options for dessert: several cakes (spice, chocolate, coconut), pies (key lime, pecan, apple), cobbler, and self-serve ice cream with toppings. I honestly wished I had a larger stomach because everything looked so good.

Visited April 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Had dinner before a wine tasting at the hotel”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My sister and I had dinner prior to a wine tasting at the Hilton. She asked for her salmon rare, but it came out the same as mine which was medium. The server offered to have it made again but we were pressed for time. The meal was very good in spite of this and we felt it was a great value, especially if you had the soup and salad bar which we passed on because of time restraints. The service was great. I especially liked the fact the server tried to please us.

• Visited February 2013