“Good burger”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Mc Grath is very busy (though I was there on Friday night), and can feel a bit hectic. Nonetheless, the service was good, and my burger was excellent. During the happy hour the drinks are ridiculously cheap, particularly the beer, though I wasn't entirely happy with my pint of Guinness. Overall, however, a very good value.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I ate here for the first time the other day after a meeting in Harrisburg. Wasn't sure what to expect but its a pretty nice bar with a helpful wait staff. The bartender recommended the Espresso-Chipotle Braised Beef Short Ribs which is one of my favorites, so I went for it. The meal was out of this world! It came with delicious mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts and a nice steak knife which I didn't even need since the meat practically melted off of itself just by looking at it! This might be the best short rib I've ever had. I didn't try anything else because the portion more than filled me, but there were many other options that sounded amazing, including a lamb stew which I passed up for the ribs. Overall I would recommend this place to anyone, especially if you looking for a nice piece of meat! Great job McGraths!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Passing thru Harrisburg in late October while we were touring Pennsylvania, we found this little gem, recommended by a local. We loved the atmosphere and the beer and the service but we still dream about that Irish Meatloaf. We urge you to try it...........wish we could again but we live in Washington State!!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

If I lived in Harrisburg, McGrath's would be my neighborhood pub without a doubt. It is everything you could ever want in a pub -- great craft beers/microbrews on tap (including two Troegg's on our recent visit), great irish whiskeys, friendly bartenders and patrons, and what looked to be good food. (We had dinner reservations elsewhere so didn't eat here, but saw lots of yummy stuff going by.)

We were wandering around before our dinner reservations and decided to try a pub for a drink. The first place we went felt more like a sports bar than a pub and wasn't what we wanted. We thankfully left that place after one drink and went to McGrath's. McGrath's was exactly what we were looking for - quality, ambiance, and a friendly neighborhood vibe. We liked it so much that we went back for a night cap after dinner.

The bartenders were awesome -- very knowledgeable about both their beers and spirits, friendly, and just a lot of fun. They also went out of their way for us -- when they found out that we were from the Washington, DC area and love hockey, they found the Caps game on TV for us so we could watch. It really made us feel at home. Hanging out at McGrath's was one of the highlights of our trip to Harrisburg.

I wish that there was a pub of this caliber in my neighborhood!

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Went here for a quick dinner. Great food try the Blarney bread yum. Service was efficient And friendly. Definitely visiting agaun