“We went to check the BEST PIZZA winner”
Review of Subway Cafe

Subway Cafe
Ranked #56 of 543 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“We went to check the BEST PIZZA winner”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We arrived to find the perfect neighborhood café. What a great feel. You can feel all 66 years. Our server was a great marketing person for the restaurant and she was rightfully very proud of the place. She helped guide us in the ordering process since it was our first visit. 1 White Spicy Chicken Pizza with feta added and 1 Meatball, Pepperoni, Bacon, Pepperoncini Pie. The crust is unique! Thin and cracker crisp, and great flavor. The toppings are of good quality. We rate the pizza as very good. We have had just as good and better pizza in the Harrisburg area, but not in this cool of a place. The many other diners all must have been there many times as they did not look at a menu and the staff recognized them and treated them all like family.

This would be a great place to just go to for a couple brews as it feels safe and very welcoming. We will return as we want to try the lasagna, another pizza and I want to try the Peanut Butter Pie. The desserts are all made in house they tell us.

Final word from us is the Pizza is very good and the people and place are even BETTER.

• Visited January 2014

Central Pennsylvania
“"If not the best- certainly distinct"”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This is a family owned Italian restaurant that has been around since 1948.
This is not :Jared’s sandwich chain.
I have been hearing the buzz that a local newspaper took an “expert’s poll” on who makes the best pizza in Harrisburg”. They concluded that Subway was the best. We headed over there to find out. I had the Lasagna special and my wife and aunt had personal pizzas, one plain cheese pizza, and one “Greek” pizza. I got to sample both. I can not say that this is the best pizza in Harrisburg, but I can say that it is very good and certainly distinct. It has a very nice thin crust and the Feta cheese on the Greek pizza was great! However - in all fairness- I like my wife's lasagna better.
Take away- if you are coming here on a Friday- get here after 12:30 when the lunch crowd dies down a bit. You will get served a lot faster.

• Visited January 2014
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Go to "comfort" spot....”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Subway is consistently good--I have been coming here for almost 25 years and the quality of the pizza, pasta and fish bowls/goblets of beer have not wavered. The staff is always friendly too. One of the coziest decors if you love broken in retro booths, close tables, in a very small space. The Manhattans are large, cold and are the best price in town.

• Visited August 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Fantastic place to eat!! The waiter recommended we share a pizza, lasagna and a salad and WOW he was spot on!!! Great food, best pizza I have had in a very long time!! This place is amazing!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank pattitravelnc
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great drive to lunch spot in the Burg”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Favorite lunch spot. Awesome handmade thin crust pizza with sauce on top of the cheese. It's single serve size. Also like the homemade dressing for the salads. Traditional Italian style restaurant. The decor is at least 50 years old but that adds to the charm.

• Visited August 2013