“Amazing experience!”
Review of Mangia Qui

Mangia Qui
Reserve with OpenTable
Mangia Qui is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 572 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Price range: US$20 - US$48
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mangia Qui offers regional Italian dishes using local ingredients as well as artisan Italian meats and cheeses.
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Took my wife here for an anniversary dinner, a little bit cramped, but wonderful. Service, Food and Ambiance, all in midtown Harrisburg!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

My sister booked Mangia Qui because she had longed to go..my husband speaks and eats fluent Italian and has spent a lot of time there. I have been and love Italy and often find that American Italian bares no resemblance to Italian cuisine. But here at Mangia Qui I thought I had been transported and yet the chef is still putting her stamp on things, as she should do.

Without a doubt the single best pasta ever had was the drunken spaghetti (“Drunken spaghetti” cooked in sangiovese, bresaola, tenuta di barolo cheese, chile flake, porcini mushrooms, seasoned ricotta") I ordered a half portion as my starter and nearly fell to the floor in pure delight. It was rich in flavor and half was the perfect portion as I also had ordered the lovely branzino.

The Tripoline (Ruffled edged fettuccine, white rabbit bolognese, oyster mushroom, summer yellow tomatoes, Vermentino, 4-maggio cheeses) was equally wonderful..and we had not had a white bolognese...not the least with rabbit. A light but full flavor...oh, all pasta made in house. My sister had the special of a truffle sauce pasta...again, a home
run.

The only annoying thing is that this gem has been open for years and only now my sister mentions it. When is our next trip to see my family AND Mangia Qui? As soon as possible!

Delightful staff with charm and knowledge, good wine list and food to long for. Really! In Harrisburg in the shadow of the Capital, I hope the Legislators measure up to the grace of having this place... but I doubt it.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We dined as a family at this amazing eatery and it was a true treat. It is an expensive menu, so if you go, plan on spending... but I do not think you will not regret your decision.

After ordering drinks, we ordered the heirloom tomatoes, Misticanza salad (omg) and the red Caesar. There was an oysters special and we all dove into that as well. For the main meal, the pork medallions, lamb chops, duck and steaks were a huge hit and just completely, mouthwateringly delicious. The chocolate dessert was the winner. It was completely devoured in seconds.

Great meal, lovely location and we will be back.

1  Thank pickyeater15
Staci B, Owner at Mangia Qui, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Hello,
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and I am overjoyed that you had such a nice time. It truly makes my day!!!!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Old school Italian. Our large party ordered a little of everything and all was amazing. I had the special rib eye steak and it was incredible.

1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We visited Mania Qui this past Saturday. As usual, it was a wonderful dining experience. The food choices are innovative and perfectly prepared. The Fig and Zucchini appetizers were tasty and uniquely different. We had a variety of entrees and all six of us were very pleased with our choices. The wine list is ever changing with interesting choices. Topping it all off is a service staff that is knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. In our many experiences at Mania, we are always excited prior to going and always delighted with the the result. It is truly a great restaurant.

4  Thank Carl S
Staci B, Owner at Mangia Qui, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Hi Carl,
Thanks so much for taking the time to email your comments. So glad to hear that you liked the zucchini blossoms...they are a real treat.