“Clean, bright and feels like home!”

Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Clean, bright and feels like home!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

I stay in hotels over 160
Nights a year! I am pretty particular especially when it comes to cleanliness and customer service! This hotel offers the beat of both worlds. I highly recommend candle wood suites! It's the best value ice found in the Harrisburg area! The staff is friendly and helpful! The location is very convenient.

• Stayed February 2014
Luke B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for the great review that you have given us on our property. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with my staff. If you are in the Harrisburg area again please look us up as we would love to welcome you back to our home. Thank you again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Trumbull, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed here on a Friday night to attend a concert in downtown Harrisburg, which is about three miles away. The room was clean and modern, the staff were uniformly friendly and at $102 for the night it was a decent value. The hotel is situated in a retail area, so there is a mall and numerous other stores very close by. The negatives: the parking lot was a dangerous sheet of ice even though there hadn't been a storm in days. Upon returning back from the concert around 12:30am there were literally no open parking spaces in the hotel's lot, meaning we had to park in a nearby overflow lot (and walk even further across the aforementioned ice). Checkout is 11am, not noon, and this hotel does not serve breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Constructive_Summer
Luke B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
First off I would like to say thank you for choosing our hotel to stay. I will share your comments with my staff about how you enjoyed the room and their friendliness. In regards to the parking lot, I want to extend my apologies. Our state is under a state of emergency and there is a shortage in salt and other ice and snow removing supplies. Plow companies ran out of salt as well. I do hope that if you come back to Harrisburg that you will give us another try and see that the necessary changes have been made. Thank you
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Candlewood Suites are supposed to be no-thrills, utilitarian boarding aimed at long-stay guests (usually living on a per diem) who are simply looking for a decent place to reside at a reasonable cost. All Candlewoods have a kitchenette in the room with a small fridge, microwave and stove-top, which is needed if you are using as a makeshift apartment. Even if you are staying on short-term leisure, the kitchenette gives you the ability to keep mass amounts of beer cold, and to reheat any leftovers that you may accumulate from the night before. It also gives you the option to cook for yourself instead of going out in the first place. However, every previous Candlewood I visited was anything but sexy.

I stayed here using IHG points for a Friday and Saturday night to attend a Penn State game. During football weekends, the rooms at State College, and the surrounding area, sell out quickly and what few vacancies are available usually cost an arm and a leg. This hotel is about two hours away, but worth the savings in this case.

All Candlewoods have rooms that are laid out very efficiently, and here is no exception. In a somewhat small footprint, our room had a queen bed, a VERY large desk, a kitchenette and bathroom, and it didn't feel cramped anywhere. Unlike most Candlewoods, the decor was modern and trendy (tastefully trendy also; it won't go out of style anytime soon). The beds were extremely comfortable and downright luxurious. The service was also top-notch; a polar opposite of what you would normally expect at extended-stay chains.

It is located in a pseduo-corporate park that has office buildings and a slew of other chain hotels. However, this park is located near some good restaurants (i.e. Lancaster Brewing Company), the turnpike and I-81/I-83, the mall, and the Bass Pro Shop. Considering that there isn't any part of Harrisburg that is exactly trendy, you won't do much better than this.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pat M
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 12 days and it was so clean and well kept! Plus the staff were wonderful, i worked third shift so every morning when i came "home" I was greeted by Monique who worked the night shift. It made me feel special that she took the time to remember my name. I love this place and plan to stay here whenever I am in the area on business.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

We went to the wrong candlewoodsuites to start with, our fault plus the satnav! They gave us good directions, you need them as it a little tricky to get there from the interstate. The hotel quiet, it only opened summer 2013, the only potential noise could be the road at the back on weekday mornings. Reception was brilliant, a gentleman and his seem to take it in turns to be there. The free laundry was a bonus. Lots of restaurants nearby.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rowland W
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

There are several other hotels closer to the race start/finish (Crowne Plaza). This property had a rewards points special so we decided to stay here. It's approx. 4 miles from the race which was not a problem at all. There's zero traffic on the way to the race and there's ample race parking so the distance was a good trade off for getting a good deal on the nightly rate.

Full sized fridge, small stove, dishwasher, full sized microwave. Good sized bathroom. This property opened in the last few months so everything was new and clean. It's near the mall. Close enough to walk but you'll want to drive. Our room had one queen bed...good for one person, almost tight for two people who really like each other (not unlike similar properties in the IHG chain).

No daily housekeeping for stays under seven nights, unless you request and pay for it.

CONS - I wish I read the reviews before our stay. Seems like there's free breakfast (fluffy waffles, according to one reviewer) and pizza/beer in the evening, which I was not told about. Maybe those reviewers were mistaken?

All in all, okay for a quick stay in the area.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lizzyrunsfar
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I was looking into staying for my honeymoon and I was torn between two places that were highly recommended. I spoke with Ian the first in my planning and he went over all the wonderful things to do in the area and the amount of privacy my fiance and I would have. I had a late check in and Tara was so upbeat and welcoming making us laugh before we were even checked in. The rooms were wonderful and a great price and I could do laundry for FREE! The pool and hot tub were awesome loved the color changing lights. We weren't bothered by anyone and every time we left to go anywhere we were acknowledged. This is the best Candlewood I've been to.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
red4474, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share you're experiance with us. We are always happy to hear that our employees have gone above and beyond. We share all reviews with our staff as we strive for excelence.Thank you again for taking the time to give you're feedback
Ian Madden- Operations Manager