“Beware of thieves”

Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Prince Frederick, Maryland
“Beware of thieves”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is great and the staff is great but beware that there are thieves that stalk the parking lot late at night. They go around while you're asleep and check every car door in the lot once they find it unlocked they will ransack your car and steal anything that they find of value. This happened to 3 guests in the matter of a week. If you decide to stay, please make sure that your car is locked tight and park you car where you can see it from your window. They DO NOT have cameras in the parking lot.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank Rockinrollin2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Rockinrollin2013,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the behavior of the local populace prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights for a visit to Hershey park. It's just 10 min from Hershey and the drive is easy. The hotel was immaculate. It was very comfortable and quite. We love the indoor pool and hot tub. The kitchenette was fully stocked with cutlery, cookware, and dishes. We really enjoyed chatting with Monique at the front desk while we drank complimentary coffee in the morning. From the manager, Lee, to the front desk staff, including Faith, everyone was very pleasant. We will be staying here from now on for our annual family trips to Hershey Park!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Luke B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you so much for your recent stay and review of the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg/Hershey. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved our hotel. We make it our number one priority to make sure each and every guest feel comfortable and relaxed. We look at our guests as a part of our family. I will gladly pass your comments on to my staff as well as Monique and Faith. Thank you once again and we hope to see you in the future. It was an honor to be your hotel of choice.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We chose to go with this hotel because of the location and pricing. Tara was as always amazing. I was running late and could not set up for my reception Tara offered to set up for me I told her to have fun with it as I had no plan of my own. She pulled it off and it was beautiful! We had about 13 people so nothing too fancy just right for my husband and I. We had a one-bedroom suite and it worked great for our getting ready photos and for the honeymoon. We had plenty of space to bring all of our things, our gifts, and left over food. The fridge was much needed after that. The room was perfect. I however don't like firm mattresses so I had some difficulty luckily I brought my own pillow. It's close to everything, but the casino. My mother-in-law also stayed at the hotel and we went to the casino which was a hike. Being greeted by the friendly staff upon our return was awesome especially at 2AM.

Room Tip: One-bedroom suites are great for a family of 3 or 4 if the kids don't mind sharing the pull-out...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg/Hershey. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We make it our number one priority to make sure each and every guest feel comfortable and apart of our family. I will pass your comments on to my staff and Tara as well. We hope to see you again in the future and it was an honor being your hotel of choice. Thank you
Bethlehem
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is our 3rd stay at Candlewood suites in Harrisburg-Hershey. Just totally blown away our first visit. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN and The DECOR...SO BEautiful...Very different from the norm. LOVE IT. The service is great as soon as you ask...well there it is.! This last time we stayed was Great too...complimentary Pizza and a great movie for the children...All free because they like their customers. Luke is just Great. Always has a smile on his face and right there ready to serve. His wife Tara is sweetie too and has same character as Luke...Just so willing to ho the xtra mile. Then there is Lee, well i met him while walking my puppy, which by the way gets pampered there too. Lee intoduced himself right away and is very kind. He looks over quit a few hotels. We had decent conversation with him as well...personal stuff ya know...just down right friendly......love the only thing he remembers in Hebrew too...LOL! too funny. So if i were you and are looking for a good rate and a CLEAN , friendly and an indoor heated pool and hot tub and a full kitchen(yes we made breakfast) eggs and pastarmi(our bacon) we dont eat pork. MMMMmmm mm! I recommend staying at Candlewood and also leaving with some new friends. :)..... don't forget...all you have to do is call to see if they can work something out for you too...Price is always a good thing. :) Be blessed!

Room Tip: they are all good...had diff room all three times ....all Beautiful.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lori K
Luke B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you so much for your recent stay and review of the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg/Hershey. We love that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for being loyal and coming back. We strive very hard to make each and every guest feel comfortable and at home. I will pass your comments on to my staff and I thank you so much for the kind words. It is an honor to serve you and be your hotel of choice. We really hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you so much
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I booked a room at the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg-Hershey as the hotel where a convention I was attending was sold out. Several groups in the area at same time. This hotel was only a few miles away and close to everything: Harrisburg Mall, shopping centers, highways, etc. It was easy to get back and forth and was nice and quiet after a hectic day. The staff at the desk was warm and welcoming, always trying to make things better. I was checked in by Tara and she was very friendly. The hotel common areas were spotless. The room was large and great for my needs. Having the kitchen was a definite plus. I will consider this location the next time I'm staying in the area.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor and was not bothered by road noise or the nearby elevator. Peaceful and qui...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your stay and review of the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg/Hershey. We are so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to make each and every guest feel at home. I will pass your comments on to my staff and your comment on to Tara. Thank you once again and it was an honor being your hotel of choice. We hope to see you again in the future
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I came to this hotel in March and i enjoyed myself. The staff was friendly the lady that checked me in was Faith and she provided professional customer service. She was able to answer any questions i had and the hotel overall was amazing great room size and very clean. It was close to a variety of entertainment and things to do.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Luke B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
I would like to thank you for your recent stay and review at the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg/Hershey. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive very hard to make each and every guest feel comfortable and relaxing. I will pass your comments onto my staff and I hope that we are your choice of hotel in the future. It was an honor to have you as a guest
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I came to this hotel because I made a trip to Harrisburg to go visit Hershey park.. This is defiantly one of the best hotels by far!! Great customer service and very nice people!! I was assisted checking out by an employee named Faith and she was very happy and joyful, she made me feel like she was happy I chose the hotel. If anyone is in the Harrisburg area THIS HOTEL IS THE PLACE TO STAY!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Luke B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
First off I would like to thank you for your recent stay and review of the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg/Hershey. We strive to make each and every guests stay comfortable and relaxing. We want it to be a home away from home. I will pass your comments on to my staff and Faith and I thank you for your comments on her. I hope that you choose us again in the future and it was an honor to be your hotel of choice. Thank you