“Great Find and a Great Value.”

Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 2 September 2014

My son and I recently spent the day at Hershey Park. We planned to stay overnight and I didn't want to stay right in the park. I found the Candlewood Suites online and I was really impressed. It was about 15 minutes from Hershey Park. The rooms were huge and the bed was very comfortable. If you're traveling for business, there is a large workspace with lots of outlets to plug in any devices you might need. The staff was friendly and the overall value was outstanding. I would hightly recommend the Candlewood Suites.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Luke B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review of the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg/Hershey. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our rooms to be very accommodating. We strive to provide each and every guest with the most enjoyable stay possible and I am pleased that we were able to do that for you. I will gladly pass your comments on to my staff. Thank you again for your stay and I hope that you choose us for any future visits to the area. It was an honor to be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We have stayed here twice, love the little queen suites. The kitchens are well stocked for 2 people, large bathroom that was immaculate both times, quiet even though they were fully booked. Free laundry, free use of bbq amenities, indoor pool and Bass Pro Shop next door - I could hardly get my husband to leave and come home!! I will be looking for Candlewood Suites everywhere we go now. I was impressed !!

Room Tip: We have stayed on 1st and 2nd floor, haven't seen a bad room yet!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Luke B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review of the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg/Hershey. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our rooms to be accommodating. It is our goal to make each and every guest feel relaxed and feel like they are at a home away from home. I am glad that we could do that for you. I will gladly pass your comments on to my staff. Once again thank you and I hope you choose us for any future visits to the area. It was an honor to be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have just returned from an overnight stay at this place, after attending a Harrisburg Senators game. This hotel is new, clean, and has a friendly, attentive staff. It even smells new when you walk into the lobby. Down the hall, you will find a decent sized pool, fitness center, and the guest laundry. Up to our room, a studio suite, it was everything that I expected. Clean, large, open, comfortable bed, and nicely designed and layed-out bathroom, with a fan, which is a nice bonus. I do not understand why some hotels do not have bathroom fans. It cuts down on moisture and therefore, mold!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David_M76275
Luke B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review of the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg/Hershey. I am very pleased that you found our hotel and rooms very accommodating. I am happy to hear that you could catch a Senators game and then come back and relax with us. We strive to make each and every guest feel relaxed and comfortable. I will gladly pass your comments on to my staff. I thank you again for your stay and I hope you choose us again for any future stays in the area. It was an honor to be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

The candlewood's lobby nice and big and includes a whole pantry of food! The only problem is that it smells wierd. Along with the lobby, the pool smells weird and theirs way so much chlorine that your eyes burn. Also their is these lights in the water that changes the color of the pool. It is cool bit then also makes it look un-professional. The rooms were awesome. They were big and stylish. Anything else about it is good. I would go back.

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg/Hershey. I am very pleased that you found our rooms to be very spacious and accommodating. I do apologize about the issues you found with the cupboard and the pool. I have addressed the issues with my housekeepers and my maintenance department and they are taking measures to make sure it never happens again. Thank you once again for your stay and once again I do apologize for the two areas that you found issues with. That is not our standard. I hope that you choose us again for any future stays to the area. It was an honor being your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I just returned from a 7 night stay at the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey. The trip was a pleasure trip for me, dh, and two daughters. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite which gave us a room with a queen bed as well as a separate living room with a sofabed and full kitchen (minus stove). We were able to get a cot which could fit in either the bedroom or living room area. We had our youngest sleep on the cot in the bedroom. There was plenty of space to walk between the bed and cot. My oldest slept on the sofabed in the living room and reallyappreciated the door that closed blocking the sound of her father's snoring. We all found the bed, cot, or sofabed very comfortable and got a good night's sleep every night.

The room was large. With the sofabed open you could walk around all 3 sides. There were sepate ac/heat systems for the bedroom and living area. The room was spotless and bright during daylight. The kitchen was complete with full size refrigerator, microwave, two burner stovetop, plenty of dishes, pots, etc. as well as extras like a strainer, can opener,and pitcher. There was a coffee maker, ice maker, and toaster in the room. Outside there was a grill we could use. We typically enjoyed a simple breakfast in the room, lunch out, then dinner cooked in the room at night. One night the hotel provided free bbq chicken but we had plans so missed it. It was simple to get more towels if needed. There was free wifi in the hotel.

We spent time several evenings in the pool/hot tub area. The hot tub was such as a nice way to relax after walking around all day. The pool towels were large and fluffy. It was never crowded. I loved the free laundry which I took advantage of twice. I loved not having to come home to tons of laundry. There was also a small gym that we never used.

All the staff I saw were always friendly. Luke, Tara, Katie, Holly, and Anna were at the front desk at various times. They were quick to help if I ever asked about anything. Tara was very nice and efficient at check in. Everyone kindly answered our questions such as giving us addresses for local grocery stores (just a few minute drive). It was nice to get have a good day or welcome back as we walked by the front desk. Jess, Dennis, and Larry were friendly in the hallways when we saw them. Everyone seemed very child friendly. There is small lending section with various items. We borrowed a book and Clue game.

We loved the location for the places we visited which included Hershey, Lancaster, and Gettysburg. Hershey Park tickets were cheaper at the hotel vs buying at Hershey Park or at the Giant grocery store. We were also able to purchase a parking pass for Hershey Park at the hotel . The business center and free printer also came in handy for printing out a reservation I had made but forgotten to print out at home. We would definitely stay at this hotel again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Luke B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review of the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg/Hershey. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and found our rooms and staff very accommodating. I will gladly pass your comments on to my staff and especially the staff members that you listed. Thank you so much for the kind words. I hope you choose us again for any future stays to the area. Thank you and it was an honor to be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The front desk staff was very nice.and pleasant. And the housekeeping staff did a wonderful cleaning job. I love this hotel .and I will be coming back to stay.also the executive housekeeper jessica is amazing. And very nice

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review of the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg/Hershey. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will gladly pass your comments on to my staff and especially Jessica. I am glad you found us very accommodating as we want every guest to feel at home. I hope you choose our hotel for any future stays in the area. Thank you again and it was an honor to be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were rescued by this hotel. After one night in a different hotel,my wife called panicked to the Candlewood suites. They arranged our reservations over the phone found the best rate for us, and were super friendly when we arrived. Full kitchen large bathroom, 2 flat screen Tv's. Incredibly clean at a great rate. Thanks again Candlewood suites. Dates were August 10-11-12.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review of the Candlewood Suites Harrisburg/Hershey. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel and staff very accommodating. We strive to make each and every guest feel warm and welcome. I will gladly share your comments with my staff. Thank you again and I hope you choose us for any future visits to the area. It was an honor to be your hotel of choice.