“"Specialties"were good choices”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Locust Street
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

We walked downtown from the Riverfront comfort inn. Restaurant row is on 2nd street. The menu was extensive with good choices. Marinara sauce was bland, but spicy marinara excellent. I asked for a recommendation and our waiter suggested a chicken dish with mushrooms, asparagus, peppers and snow peas over angel hair pasta. Excellent and a large portion. Happy hour from 5-7 had good red and white wine for $5 a glass. Eating outside was an option, but we didn't do that because it was so noisy on the street.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

It had been a few years since I had been to Zia's so I was happy to go back on my birthday with friends. We were seated in a private room which was great since we did have 2 children in our party. The service and meal was wonderful. Some of the best crab cakes I've had in years. Can't wait to go back!!!!

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Nice, small bar area and relaxing atmosphere. Both the bar and the restaurant have excellent service. The food is very good and the wine pours are adequate for the price. Not like some places where you barely get 4 oz. pour.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

Twenty of us dined in a private dining room recently. Our pre-chosen menu offered 4 appetizers for the table, salads for all and 7 main entree choices which included 4 seafood. My choice was a veal dish which was cooked perfectly and served at a proper temperature. There was an overkill of "toppings" causing me to search for the veal. Our dessert choices were 3 but all had chocolate. When I expressed my being a non-chocolate lover no alternate was offered which I felt considering the size of our party would have been easy to do. Our waiter seemed a little surly (maybe knowing his tip was assured!).

Reviewed 2 December 2012

Not the best Italian restaurant I've ever been to, but not the worst. My filet mignon special was cooked to my request, was a great cut of meat, but I wasn't a big fan of the marinade. Too salty. The veggies and risotto that it was served with were just "ok" as we'll. Friends all had pasta dishes. They said the lobster ravioli was really good. Was decent enough of a dining experience that I'd go back. Prices were fairly reasonable.