“Another Great Courtyard by Marriott Stay!”

Courtyard Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
“Another Great Courtyard by Marriott Stay!”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We stayed overnight at the Marriott Courtyard in Harrisburg after a Black Friday shopping/Hershey Park trip. We were happy with our stay there. The hotel is clean, the staff are friendly, and the rooms are always perfect for our needs. Internet access was quick and the bed was comfortable. I cannot comment on the price since we are Marriott Rewards members and this was a comp night. We did not use the pool, weight room, or restaurant but they all seemed to be clean and up to date. The hotel lobby is inviting and cozy with a gas fireplace and very large screen TV. The hotel is close to Interstate 83, the Harrisburg Mall, local shopping, and local restaurants. We will stay at this Courtyard again when visiting the Harrisburg or Hershey area and I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We decided at the last minute to head up to Hershey Park for Candy Lane. We found this hotel and it did not disappoint us. It was immaculate and the staff were all very friendly.
When we visit again we will be sure to stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Pine Bush, New York
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Two night vacation stay with my wife.

Pros:
Clean, friendly staff, convenient location. Up to date.

Cons:
Matress felt like I was going to roll out. Need to turn or replace.

Tips:
Capitol Diner, jsut down road is an excellent breakfast choice.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Morgantown
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I'm a business woman travelling and staying in hotels for 12 years. And, this hotel obviously CATERS to men, but, could care less about women! I should have known when I walked in and saw a giant big-screen t.v. MOVIE-screen type in the lobby/bar featuring one of many football games. After a long day of travel/work, I was looking forward to retiring and watching Project Runway on Lifetime or House Hunters on HGTV. But, alas, this COURTYARD only offers 25 tv channels (hello,it's 2012!!) and, four of which are ESPN channels, and one GOLF channel! (Who's your target market?) When, I got to my room, the lighting in the foyer & coffee station of the room were only bright enough for a coal miner to appreciate! The hairdryer is hidden/mounted not in the BATHROOM, where you'd use it, but, in a furniture closet? (I guess they're hoping for more middle-aged men with a great deal of hairloss, instead of a woman?The internet wireless service only has a signal strength of "fair", so sending and receiving emails is so slow it feels like 1988. And, what shampoo brand is Quinoa? Fairfield Inn at least offers Pantene. Anyway, if you like to watch some typical "girl" stations on t.v. in your hotel room, don't stay here. On a positive note: the desk manager at check in was very nice, and at least brought me up a channel listing that was missing from the hotel room, so that I could see what sports station I had to watch!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank wvcousin
Plainview, New York
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We requested joining rooms and we got them. When we arrived we were greeted by a young man who helped us find restaurants, directions, extra linens and he did it with a smile. This stay restored my faith in Marriott. Everyone from the front desk to the maintenance engineer were cordial, professional and overall solid Marriott people. The rooms were spotless and had a very new and home-like feeling. If you ever stay there, ask for Eric Harding, He was the nicest and most professional Marriott employee I've every came in contact with. That's coming from someone who stays with Marriott 30-40 times a year

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank TravelAce76
maryland
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The stay was nice and we enjoyed the pool even though it was small. BUT, the exceptional thing was the Tiffany necklace I lost, that had great sentimental value was found, turned in and returned to me. Thank you especially Lissy Alegre! You will never know what it meant to me to get it back. You are an angel and thank you.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank rustlor
Heber City, Utah
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Stay here in July for 3 nights. If they hadn't been sold out, we would have stayed longer.
Very clean hotel. Staff was very nice and welcoming.
Wish that the breakfast wasn't so expensive. Because we had to pay, we didn't even try it. We had breakfast off property where we could get a cheap bagel or something quick.
Beds were comfy and rooms were very large. The bathroom was very large also.
It fit our family of 3 very nicely and gave us all a "little bit more room."
Other than the breakfast as a negative item, the only other one I would say would be the pool. I am glad that there was a nice pool and hot tub but my 8 year old was a little disappointed that it was only 5 feet deep. But we still had fun regardless.
Great location, still went to Hershey and Gettsyburg. All within a very reasonable drive.
My suggestion would be for people to save money and stay here in a nicer hotel and just drive to what you want to see.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family