“Nicest Courtyard Ever!”

Courtyard Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 12 June 2008

My family (2 adults and 2 kids) recently spent 3 nights at the Marriott Courtyard on a vast to the Hershey area. I must say, this is one of the nicest Courtyards that I've stayed at. The staff is very pleasant and helpful, and they really seem to enjoy their work. Freshly baked cookies and fruit were available at the check-in area for the kids. We were provided with dinner recommendations as well as a list of local area restaurants and directions. Our room was IMMACULATELY clean. The room was much larger than I expected it to be with 2 Queen Beds, a sitting area with 2 chairs and tables, and a desk (which included another pullout desk) that my daughter sat at daily to draw. The bathroom was large, and the room included a refrigerator as well as a coffee maker. The furniture and decor are stylish and there was PLENTY of closet space. Although we didn't use the indoor pool, it was clean and was rarely crowded. The hotel is located 10 minutes from Hershey Park as well as approx 40 minutes from Lancaster (if you’re visiting the Amish area). Many of the big restaurant chains are close (eg, Friendly's, Chili's, Olive Garden, Bob Evans, etc) TIP: take advantage of the location, eat at nearby restaurants and NOT near Hershey Park. You'll rarely wait for a table!

I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Hershey area.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank NickysdadRF

Reviewed 21 December 2007

As a Marriott Gold member, I stay at a lot of Courtyards and this is one of the nicest and best I have been in, and very convenient to the airport. I got a $99 rate on a Friday night, so timing is everything. I highly recommend it, even at a higher price.

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank drichrx
Reviewed 8 November 2007

As others have said, its new, clean and nice. I don't have a lot to add but can confirm what others have said.

It was more than I expected from a Courtyard, which to me is just a clean basic place to stay on the cheap. This wasn't exactly super-cheap for Harrisburg in Nov. (I paid $159/night corporate rate) but is definately a notch up from just "clean & basic".

It would appear that there are about a zillion hotels right nearby so if you're a family on a budget and looking for something cheaper just look around a bit and you'll probably find it.

It was well located for me and where I had to go on business, but I cannot say how good the location was relative to the amusement park.

My only complain was that the rooms seemed a bit noisy. I could hear the TV in the room next door pretty clearly, which I found surprising in such a new hotel.

Apparently it can get quite crowded on weekedays. The night I was there it was sold out and co-workers have had a tough time getting a room there in the past because its booked up.

All in all I will stay there again when I return to Harrisburg.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ejm3
Reviewed 9 October 2007

Do not book this hotel with a group contract. This is the worst group policy i have ever dealt with. A Horrible cancellation policy for the group. A sales team that is borderline harrassing and for a Marriott Property, I would never recommend this hotel for any groups or events. Let them sit empty while the hotels around them are all sold out.

• Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank tottconn
Reviewed 16 September 2007

If you're going to Hershey or have business in and around Harrisburg you won't go wrong with this property.

What did I like? Helpful, courteous staff. Very luxurious feel to the rooms (okay so I'm a Marriott Silver member and may have been upgraded to a renovated floor but this was a really, really nice room and far exceeded what I expected at a Courtyard.)

The hotel seems to have been designed for business travelers but recognizes that it gets mostly families visiting Hershey. If you ARE traveling on business you'll feel at home; if you are a family visiting Hershey you probably can't make a better choice, unless you seek out a nearby Holiday Inn Express or Homewood Suites that has a suite available for a family. It is convenient on and off the highway and there is a mall across the highway with a Target.

The room was luxurious, the property was modern and it met our needs perfectly. The pool is probably the smallest I've ever seen in a hotel anywhere but hey, if you're kids want a pool after a day at Hershey, they won't be disappointed.

There is a small bar in the hotel lobby area along with a breakfast buffet option that is not included in the base rate.

All in all this hotel ranks high on the price/equation.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11  Thank Frqflier
Reviewed 16 September 2007

My husband and I just got back from two nights at the Courtyard Marriott in Harrisburg, PA. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Everything about the room was great. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was cleaned, the room was clean. No complaints from us at all. The bathroom was updated with granite countertop. The room had a king bed, pull out couch, desk area, iron, ironing board, coffee maker and glass coffee cups.

The front desk staff was very nice and check-in and check out. They helped us with directions to Hershey Park and explained how to get to the Target that was on the other side of the highway.

This hotel is very close to Hershey Park - less than a 15 minute drive. For the price we paid for the hotel it was definitely worth the drive.

I highly recommend this hotel. Please see pictures attached to see our room.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kristen P
Reviewed 15 August 2007

We went to Hershey Park last week and stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Harrisburg. This is the best Courtyard we've ever stayed at. The hotel appears to be brand new and the sleeping rooms are immaculate and well decorated. Bathrooms are spacious with granite countertops. Everything inside the room was high-end. The location was convenient to everything and about 10 minutes away from Hershey Park. Very pleasant and friendly staff. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family