“Clean and comfortable”

Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 23 August 2013

10 minute drive to the Park. Very convenient location. No continental breakfast. There is a Friendly's restaurant across the street that is fairly decent for breakfast, but slow service. An option if you don't want to pay inflated hotel prices. Also a target in the same shopping plaza as Friendly's.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Checking in and out was very easy. Very nice decor in the lobby, although, the tv was turned up a bit loud. Staff was very friendly and courteous. The only problem we had in the room was the a/c unit. The a/c would be on but it wasn't blowing out cool air. We told the staff upon checkout. We even got an email the same day with their apologies and a 500 Marriott reward credit.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Unlike the older Hershey hotels themselves, this Marriott, is NEW!! Ill take that over on site any day. It's clean, modern and has a no smoking policy within the entire property! A must for our family!!!! Close to Hershey park & Hershey world -10 min. Not a bad commute. There will be traffic! It's not bad. Leave earlier than expected. Dry off if you go to the water park. The hotel pool is deceiving. It's soooo small. More jacuzzi size. Kids were disappointed. The hotel is on a hotel strip so there's not much privacy but its quiet inside. Their bistro is quite good & staff friendly. You have to pay but can room charge. Prices are reasonable but comparable to a restaurant. Wait til b l & d rushed are over. Food tastes better when they slow down.
All in all staff is accommodating , rooms nice & clean. They hold Sunday mass in conf room. Lots of business people. Quiet hours between 8pm - 7am!!!! Not so easy for families. Signs posted all around the hotel. They must get a ton of adult complaints. It a hotel geared toward business class. however, id go back. my kids however want the lodge. Our room was big. The bathroom was a mess . Toilet didn't work or tub. Kept running & clogging. Only problems. Fixed tiolet. Not tub! Water up to our ankles every shower.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kslfromboston
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times. It seems that it is going downhill. Upon entering the automatic sliding doors squeaked loudly. There was water on the floor which someone could have fallen. Our check-in was easy and staff very friendly. The room once inside had broken dresser drawers, a desk that wouldn't shut, cracks in the bathroom tile, and air conditioning that never went below 78 degrees. It was so hot and stuffy I couldn't sleep. I think if I go back to Harrisburg I will try the Wyndham gardens next door.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank crimes623
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The Marriots have gotten a make over. They are very nice, and appear "condensed." We booked this particular Marriot because our son was playing in a tournament in Hershey. The fields were in Hershey... not Harrisburg, but it was really only a 15-20 min trip to the field/Hershey Park.

We had two queen beds which were large and very comfortable. The room was clean and updated. I loved the Paul Mitchell shampoos and conditioner. We are Marriot reward members, so I requested extra towels and they came right away. I think they would have come without a rewards member status!

The ONLY things i would change: The woman at the front desk, when we checked in late on Friday, seemed to be annoyed or pre-occupied. She didn't smile. Granted, everyone is entitled to a bad day and it was HOT and late (9:30) but I've stayed at a lot of hotels and many of them Marriots and the front desk person is usually pretty upbeat. Regardless, it was fine. She wasn't rude, just seemed annoyed.

The other thing I would change is the leaving the "restaurant" - which is really a coffee bar type setup, open longer. I was dying for a late cup of coffee to sip while charging my phone in the lobby, and I stood at the counter and when no one showed, I turned to the front desk person (it might have been the same woman previously mentioned!) and asked for help and she said, somewhat dismissive, "Oh, they're closed. Open tomorrow morning," and she walked away. Truly not a big deal, but would have been nice to have a coffee or even a drink.

Speaking of charging my phone...I left my wall plug home by accident and could only charge using a USB port. There weren't any in the room or on the TV. A MINOR inconvenience but ...I was able to charge it in the lobby on the computer.

All in all, a good experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Courtyards have moved way up on my preferred hotel list recently. There is a WOW factor in the spacious and very functional lobbies. No WOW in the rooms but they are fine. I like the bathroom layout- plenty of room including large sink counter. This Courtyard does not have the walk-in showers that some other Courtyards have. There are a few rooms with balconies which I always prefer. If you get a room at the back it is quiet and peaceful- at least until someone buys the land behind the hotel. (See pictures.)

Room Tip: Stay on the back side of the hotel for peace and quiet. Ask for a balcony.
Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Much newer and generally cleaner than my other recent courtyard stay. I did see a centipede and a spider in my ground floor room. Staff was helpful in getting me tickets to Hershey. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. About 15-20 min to Hershey resort.

• Stayed: June 2013