“updated lobby, rooms need updating”

Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Although this Courtyard has an updated lobby, the rooms could use a refresh and new pillows. The air conditioning in our room did not cool very well and was noisy. I booked using a Marriott Rewards certificate, so it was a free room, but I wouldn't have been happy paying full price. If you're getting a reasonable rate, then it's probably a good option for the area. At $189 for a King room with sofa bed (Thursday night stay) it is overpriced. Liked that it was close to Target & Gold's Gym and conveniently located just off I-283.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed here for one night after our Hershey Park day. The hotel is about 12 minutes from the Park and was a good choice as an alternate to the expensive Hershey hotels. Because we booked with points, we got a room that was not the best. I had requested two queens because it was my husband and my 9 year old. We were given a small, awkward king with a pull out (which worked fine) but not as comfortable as we would have liked. We were told they were sold out and couldn't move us (but I was led to believe that we got this room because we booked on points).
Anyway, the hotel was fine. Easy access to the highway, brand new lobby, with a small restaurant, which was ok priced. We ate a small breakfast there. This is a Courtyard, so no free breakfast, although the Wifi was free and worked well.
The area around the hotel is not fancy, older motels etc, and this looked to be the nicest hotel around.
Rooms were fairly clean as was the bathroom. The bed was very soft and not the typical Marriott bed. That was not good.
All in all, I would stay here again and as always, trust the Marriott brand.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank angelambudd
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Of the Courtyards I've stayed in, this is one of the best. This Courtyard has the updated lobby amenities, including the small private seating coves where a traveler can watch television or work on a laptop. There is a also small dining area that offers a variety of food and beverages through most of the day.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay; a few of the pros and cons of my experience are these:

PROS
- the new lobby amenities, especially small TV viewing coves;
- well organized room;
- comfortable bed;
- very clean and well maintained;
- friendly and helpful staff;

CONS
- the usual high polyester content bedding found in most Marriott properties;
- no full-length mirror in room;
- no breakfast included;

Overall, I enjoyed my stay very much but the lack of a free breakfast did not make this hotel a good value for me. Most hotels of this type, in terms of star level and price point, do include a breakfast in the basic room rate. For those who don't want to purchase food in the hotel, there is a McDonald's and several other restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel is very easy to access from the highway. Front desk staff and two of the young men that were on maintenance, I believe, were extremely friendly. The morning staff in the Bistro were not nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Pleasant experience. Very clean rooms, Nicely furnished. Very nice bedding. Very pleasant staff. A great place to stay with family. Convenient location for Hershey Park visit. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Fourth floor was very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Toni D
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here last weekend for a lacrosse tournament. Typical Courtyard. Appeared to be recently renovated and clean. Pleasant staff. Would recommend. Convenient to interstate and several restaurants were close by.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel_guy_218
Ashley K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed this property and my staff during your stay with us! I hope that you have a wonderful summer!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We booked our room 1 day before and paid with points how rare is that? Anyway our room was clean and the mattress was so freakin comfy but then again we had been staying on a pull out sofa missing half the mattress so really we weren't hard to impress.
The bathroom was so clean (we had been showering at a campground enough said) and the staff was so friendly. I would consider staying here again, although I prefer the Marriott chains with free breakfast. We ate at the diner up the road. There is also a Target, Chili's and Friendly's across the way.

Room Tip: We were in the back of the hotel and had absolutely NO noise issues at all. We coudln't even her...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Valerie D
Ashley K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I have to agree that our Marriott beds are so comfy and great for a good night's sleep!