“Top”

Super 8 Harrisburg Hershey North
Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Honestly if u want to enjoy it without paying lots of money, stay at scottish inn. Its clean, very nice location, near hershey park, very friendly staff and affordable. There are some notes: the breakfast is good enough. There are no saftey box. Other than that it is great and i recommend it strongly

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Sa S

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel in July during MixTape Festival. You couldn't beat the rate ($71/nt) and the proximity to Hershey is great - about a 10-15 minute ride down Hershey Road. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and courteous. The rooms are very basic - tube tv, double beds instead of queen, dated furnishing, small bathroom, and we noticed the room had a bit of a musty smell to it but for $71/nt I'm not going to complain. Overall it met our needs and was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This hotel is a small (maybe 50 rooms?) basic hotel whose main advantage is it is about 5 miles from Hershey Park. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable cheap no-frills hotel that is only about a 15 minute drive away, this is a good place to stay. The beds were very comfortable, though the furniture was shabby. The TV was old, but it worked (although we couldn't get sound on TBS for some reason). The room has a small cube refrigerator, and the lobby has a small microwave and toaster. The place was nice and quiet, the shower had decent water pressure (the bathroom was pretty small, but again, clean). I suggest you skip the free breakfast (muffins and cereal) and go across the street to the Hershey Road Restaurant (by the LaQuinta Inn), which had excellent and very reasonably priced food. (The little frig in the room was handy since my son took back about half of his dinner and ate it when we got back from the park). The hotel does not have a swimming pool, fitness center nor other amenities besides a comfortable lobby area (used for the breakfast area).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The place is clean and the rooms large and comfortable. Breakfast is very basic (cold not hot). Internet signal was practically non-existing in my room. This motel and the motel-6 (right next to it) seemed to be owned by the same guy. When I came to check in I saw a sign that the guy is in the other motel and that I should go there. When I checked out – same thing happened. Can be a bit annoying – why not keep a phone with a line to call him to come to the desk if he is away? Why should I run around and find him? (it may rain or snow outside or I may travel with little kids and can’t leave them alone).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank adventix
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Excellent Services ... felt like second home...! Just few miles from Hershey Park ...it was fun staying there ... i stayed there with my cousin and we both were so happy with the services and the atmosphere of the motel..!!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Helly3378
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I often go to the casino at penn national and pay $125-150 p/ night for convenience of staying at a hotel within 1 mile of casino. Last weekend I found this GEM only 4 miles down I-83 that was PERFECT in every way: clean, comfortable, easy access to the interstate, and having a very professional front desk clerk (Mr. Ortiz). We paid $71 and used the savings for a nice dinner. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank jimmybronx
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

We arrived with our 18 month old son and asked if they had a crib to use and the attendant gave us an attitude as he said they didn't. The next morning we asked for a high chair so i could eat with my son in the breakfast area and the attendant said they don't have high chairs. The hotel employee then disappeared and posted a sign telling people to go to the hotel next door for any assistance (I posted a picture of this sign). Of the 3 staffers we dealt with, one was kind and helpful and the other two were rude and unhelpful. We've stayed in a lot of hotels over the years and this is the worst service we've ever received.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank estangla
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisburg
Econo Lodge Harrisburg
Hampton Inn Harrisburg / Grantville / Hershey
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#34 of 51 in Harrisburg

Been to Super 8 Harrisburg Hershey North? Share your experiences!