“Filthy!!!!!”

Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Cranford
“Filthy!!!!!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Disgustingly filthy!! Would never stay in this hotel again! Hair on bed when blanket pulled down. Holes in blankets. Furniture shabby. Windows dirty with handprints. Breakfast cereal stale. Every negative comment you read on trip advisor concerning this hotel is absolutely true.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Sissy0806

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Never again! This place was terrible. All the negative reviews are spot on. Dirty, noisy, over priced, terrible breakfast. The people who run this are beyond cheap. They need to wake up and learn how to run a hotel. It feels like they are only interested in the money. We booked because of some of the positive reviews... big mistake!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Disneydd12
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I tried to give this place the benefit of the doubt, since we didn't really need anything fancy... Last time i try to save a buck!!Pull up and was directed by a sign to go to motel 6... After check in we cranked the air in our room, floors were sticky and moist, gross. Left for a few hours to come back to a sauna. Asked desk for a few extra pillows and was told no, however motel 6 was able to lend us a few. Go figure. Trying to settle yourself let alone children is a nightmare it's so noisy. But while we're on this topic I should mention the bugs... A flea that I pinched in my fingers and brought to the desk, that had a sign that lead me to motel 6.
It's now 11:23pm and was told you can have a refund or we can change your room. I demanded both, however they didn't budge and assured me they're not per friendly... So in order to recieve a refund I guess they were suggesting I sleep in my car with my children??? Needless to say I slept like sh** and was exhausted the following day at Hershey park. I'm not going to mention breakfast, we packed a cooler...
FYI: you can purchase discount Hershey park tix at giant ($15 cheaper than at gate) I highly recommend applying your savings to a more decent hotel!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank lori d
Kitchener
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Ok, I thought Scottish Inns were in 1950 and 1960 motels. This was a clean newer building. If you don't mind the used furniture they must purchase off of more expensive hotel chains when those chains do renovations, you should be fine. The King bed did not have a fitted bottom sheet so it was more like a Queen as the sheets mode and we didn't want to touch bare mattress. The very small fridge was not plugged in so was unusable for a little while for our food. The breakfast was a bit of a joke. But a decent place for an overnight for the price.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I just called this hotel to add a date to my reservation as we wanted to leave earlier than expected for our vacation to Hershey. When I called I spoke with a female attendant I accidentally stated that I had a reservation in August (I was looking at the wrong calender) when I realized the error the employee told me that "I should have had that information in the first place." Taken aback by this I apologized for my error and provided her with the correct dates in July. The employee then stated to me that "I don't have any reservations so sorry" and hung up....clearly she doesnt want us to stay at this establishment - and after this VERY SHORT interaction I am glad she doesnt want me there.
I then contacted my mother (who had made the reservation initially) to inform her that she in fact didn't have one. The attendant (Who was clearly just able to look up my name) stated to her "well I can't help you without your reservation number sorry" *CLICK*

No wonder this place has some awful reviews....... I will stay somewhere with GUEST SERVICE for a little bit more.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Derek M
Port Norris
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Price was the only reason I picked this place. Clean but cheap. AC was off when we got to the room after being hot all day. It caught up relatively fast. Lamps were all unplugged throughout the room. 3 towels & 3 wash clothes in the room that I booked for 4 people. Dialing "0" for more, busy signal. Short walk to lobby to get more towels. Decorative bedding needs to be replaced. Room is very clean. Parking sucks. 3 stars for price & cleanliness.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were pleasantly surprised (not knowing what to expect after reading some of the reviews). The room was decent and clean (no bugs). We only needed the room for a short-stay for Hershey Park and Chocolate World. We stayed for two nights, and it was efficient for what we needed. (It is an efficiency hotel after all/don't expect luxury.) We would be o.k. with staying here again - only for a night or two maximum. We would bring our own bath towels in the future (their towels seriously need to be replaced). That would be the only criticism.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 115.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Erika M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisburg
Econo Lodge Harrisburg
Econo Lodge Harrisburg
#32 of 50 in Harrisburg
Motel 6 Harrisburg - Hershey North
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#12 of 50 in Harrisburg
Ramada Harrisburg/Hershey Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)
Days Inn Grantville
Days Inn Grantville
#3 of 9 in Grantville

Been to Super 8 Harrisburg Hershey North? Share your experiences!