“Gross”

Super 8 Harrisburg Hershey North
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We travel to the Hershey area quite a bit because my huband's family lives out there. This time we didn't want to inconvenience anyone so we decided to stay at the cheapest place we could find. You really do get what you pay for. I can't say anything about this place that hasn't already been said. The lobby was filthy and looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in years; the rooms were not much better. We only stayed one night and didn't even bother taking a shower. The door had about an inch gap at the bottom and let every single noise from the hallway in. And let's just say the other hotel guests were not at all concerned about letting their rowdy kids go screaming and running up and down the hall at 1 in the morning. Breakfast looked like they put out their stale cereal and old frozen lenders bagels. I had the apple juice, although it tasted more like acid than juice. I can't believe it didn't kill me.

3  Thank Tara G
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Harrisburg Hershey North

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Disgustingly filthy!! Would never stay in this hotel again! Hair on bed when blanket pulled down. Holes in blankets. Furniture shabby. Windows dirty with handprints. Breakfast cereal stale. Every negative comment you read on trip advisor concerning this hotel is absolutely true.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Sissy0806
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Never again! This place was terrible. All the negative reviews are spot on. Dirty, noisy, over priced, terrible breakfast. The people who run this are beyond cheap. They need to wake up and learn how to run a hotel. It feels like they are only interested in the money. We booked because of some of the positive reviews... big mistake!

4  Thank Disneydd12
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I tried to give this place the benefit of the doubt, since we didn't really need anything fancy... Last time i try to save a buck!!Pull up and was directed by a sign to go to motel 6... After check in we cranked the air in our room, floors were sticky and moist, gross. Left for a few hours to come back to a sauna. Asked desk for a few extra pillows and was told no, however motel 6 was able to lend us a few. Go figure. Trying to settle yourself let alone children is a nightmare it's so noisy. But while we're on this topic I should mention the bugs... A flea that I pinched in my fingers and brought to the desk, that had a sign that lead me to motel 6.
It's now 11:23pm and was told you can have a refund or we can change your room. I demanded both, however they didn't budge and assured me they're not per friendly... So in order to recieve a refund I guess they were suggesting I sleep in my car with my children??? Needless to say I slept like sh** and was exhausted the following day at Hershey park. I'm not going to mention breakfast, we packed a cooler...
FYI: you can purchase discount Hershey park tix at giant ($15 cheaper than at gate) I highly recommend applying your savings to a more decent hotel!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
4  Thank lori d
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Ok, I thought Scottish Inns were in 1950 and 1960 motels. This was a clean newer building. If you don't mind the used furniture they must purchase off of more expensive hotel chains when those chains do renovations, you should be fine. The King bed did not have a fitted bottom sheet so it was more like a Queen as the sheets mode and we didn't want to touch bare mattress. The very small fridge was not plugged in so was unusable for a little while for our food. The breakfast was a bit of a joke. But a decent place for an overnight for the price.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I just called this hotel to add a date to my reservation as we wanted to leave earlier than expected for our vacation to Hershey. When I called I spoke with a female attendant I accidentally stated that I had a reservation in August (I was looking at the wrong calender) when I realized the error the employee told me that "I should have had that information in the first place." Taken aback by this I apologized for my error and provided her with the correct dates in July. The employee then stated to me that "I don't have any reservations so sorry" and hung up....clearly she doesnt want us to stay at this establishment - and after this VERY SHORT interaction I am glad she doesnt want me there.
I then contacted my mother (who had made the reservation initially) to inform her that she in fact didn't have one. The attendant (Who was clearly just able to look up my name) stated to her "well I can't help you without your reservation number sorry" *CLICK*

No wonder this place has some awful reviews....... I will stay somewhere with GUEST SERVICE for a little bit more.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Derek M
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Price was the only reason I picked this place. Clean but cheap. AC was off when we got to the room after being hot all day. It caught up relatively fast. Lamps were all unplugged throughout the room. 3 towels & 3 wash clothes in the room that I booked for 4 people. Dialing "0" for more, busy signal. Short walk to lobby to get more towels. Decorative bedding needs to be replaced. Room is very clean. Parking sucks. 3 stars for price & cleanliness.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisburg
Econo Lodge Harrisburg
Days Inn Grantville
#4 of 9 in Grantville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)

Been to Super 8 Harrisburg Hershey North? Share your experiences!