“Excellent Staff!”

Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 3 February 2013

My husband wanted to surprise me with a getaway for the night at a hotel. This hotel was halfway between where he works and I work. When my husband went in, the front desk agent asked about why we were there and he told her. Jesshannah was really nice. She set us up with a good rate that included breakfast, and then she even made up a small gift bag with a card. I felt welcome, and it was a good place for my birthday.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Dear Ann W,

We appreciate that you choose the Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East for your very special occasion, and telling us about the enjoyable stay.

We have passed along your comments to our team as they do appreciate hearing about how their efforts made a positive impact on our guests.

Our Bed and Breakfast package does save you a lot as well and we are glad you were able to enjoy our fresh, cooked to order breakfasts. Should your plans include us in the future, be sure to check out our Romance package on line!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 January 2013

We stayed here for our son's wedding and booked a number of rooms and had a dinner here as well. The staff was friendly and courteous and went out of their way to accommodate us. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the refrigerator and microwave were bonuses. The breakfast was great and gave us space to get together with friends and family in the morning. Being near the mall and several restaurants made it even more convenient. It is convenient to highways so it was easy to get to many other locations.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2013

Dear Laura W,
Thanks for taking valuable time to tell us of your positive experience, at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, recently while attending the wedding.
I would like personally like to thank you for your business!

Reviewed 26 November 2012

We recently spent one night in Harrisburg after visiting the historic sights at Gettysburg, with a trip to Hershey on the next day. It was a fine, suburban hotel, whose location held special appeal for me.

Location

We'll start right with it. The hotel is in a small office park on the outskirts of Harrisburg. However, immediately adjacent to the hotel is a shopping mall with a giant Bass Pro Shops. I love browsing at Bass Pro, and my wife and I scored some Black Friday deals. Also, on the other side of the hotel is a Lancaster Brewing Co. Restaurant. The only thing I love more than huge outdoor-themed stores is craft beer! It's also only 15 minutes from Hershey. So, in short, the hotel's location really worked for me.

Room

We had a regular King bed room. It was like almost every other chain hotel room. The bed was large and comfortable, the TV had lots of channels, and the bathroom did not feel cramped. The refrigerator was not working when we arrived, but it wasn't a big deal because we were only staying the night. I noticed the next morning that somebody had unplugged it, maybe to charge a phone? Maybe there are not enough outlets in the room. Also, the shower has a multi-position massaging shower head, but something seemed to be wrong with it, and it would not switch positions. Not really a big deal.

Other

There was a bin of cookies at the front desk at check in. They were delicious. A nice touch. There is a pool. We hadn't planned on using it, and it was a good thing, because every time we passed, it was filled with screaming children. There is a restaurant/bar that we did not visit. We looked at it for breakfast, but there were no seats available. I didn't really interact with the staff, but they did smile when we entered and exited.

Overall, this hotel worked out really well for us, for the reasons outlined above. However, I can see how it may not fit everyone's needs or desires.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MadMaxEsq

Dear Mad max esq,

Thanks for taking valuable time to detail your recent stay , at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, recently.
I will pass along your positive and constructive comments to our Team who really appreciate knowing their focus on guest satisfaction is noticed. I am glad you visited Hershey and Gettysburg since we are a good in-between location.
We will work harder to make sure appliances are not unpluged for new guests.

On your next trip to our hotel please ask me, as I would like personally like to thank you for your business!

Reviewed 16 November 2012

Selected this resort because as a Hilton member, they offered a package deal that included one room with free breakfast from the restaurant menu. Although we didn't get a chance to take advantage of it, we took a small tour to find the indoor pool. The breakfast was absolutely delicious, especially because we were able to individually order what we wanted instead of a buffet breakfast. Parking lot is well lit, an important thing to note when arriving late after a day in Hershey Park. Also, it's just a few miles from Hershey and easily accessible from major highways. Will definitely select this location again in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear FamilyTravel4me,
Thanks for taking valuable time to tell us of your "wonderful" experience, at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, recently, while visiting Hershey.
I will pass along your comments to our Team who really appreciate knowing their focus on guest satisfaction is noticed. I am glad you noticed our our bed and breakfast special and took advanatge of the deep discount it offered.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I'm pretty picky, but this hotel was clean and beautiful. I needed late night directions to Target for diaper emergency and staff was very helpful. Also, its in a great location - close to shopping and restaurants. The beds are over-rated though...

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear beachlovers616,

Thanks for telling us of your good experience, at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, recently. I will pass along your comments to our Team who really appreciate knowing their focus on guest satisfaction is noticed. Hilton Garden bedding has controls for hardness or a softer sleep experience.
On your next trip to our hotel please ask me, as I would like personally like to thank you for your business and share Pittsburgh stories, as I am from there also!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed at this hotel with my family of 4 on the way to a Penn State Football Game in October 2012. Great location about 1/2 way between Phila and State College. Getting a room for less than $300 in State College is almost impossible. So I find this to be a very good alternative. Thje hotel room was clean, very friendly hotel staff with comfortable beds. The room was quite spacious (we ended up with a handicapped room which provided a lot of additional space). The room was very quiet/no street noise at all. Very convenient to Route 322 --- on the way to PSU. Although I didn't go there, it's located within about 1 mile from the Bass Pro Shop super store- which from the outside looked more like a mall then a store. Will definitely stay again on my next trip to PSU.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear John R,
Thanks for taking a moment to tell us of your enjoyable experience, at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, recently.
As a fellow Penn Stater, I can vouch for the easy drive to PSU which avoids the high priced State College football weekend prices.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed here because our usual Hampton inn was booked. Price was comparable and rooms were clean. breakfast was good and location was just as good. We usually come to the area once a month and we decided to book here again in November.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear PTYcz,
Thank you for to telling us of your enjoyable experience, at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, recently.
I will pass along your comments to our Team who really appreciate knowing their focus on guest satisfaction is noticed. Be sure to watch our internet sight to take advantage of our Bed & Breakfast package which saves quite a bit for two adults with children.
Kind regards,