“Business in Harrisburg PA”

Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Business in Harrisburg PA”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My experience in this hotel was great. It is quit and location is good. The surrounding area has great eating establishments and relax outside with a cup of coffee. Cons - traffic on the near major interstate. If you are heading on business 20-30 minutes away, I suggest leaving the hotel approximately 15 minutes earlier than you originated plan. The gym is a little small but good to get in a good workout. Otherwise, it is a good hotel.

Room Tip: Plan your road trip to get to your location on good time; traffic on the major interstates can get p...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Laus Deo,

A big Thanks for your business and Trip Advisor post. We are so happy that your stay was enjoyable. We just finished our lobby improvements in September and in March are replacing all LCD Tv's with new HD 42 " TV's with HD content. Certainly at times traffic can add to travel time. I must say though my 8 miles to work in Harrisburg daily at rush hour is at most 20-25 minutes verses the 45-60 minutes in Pittsburgh I used to travel.

We hope to see you when you travel back East!!
william.duffy@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Moravian Falls, NC, United States
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The service at the front desk was very friendly and efficient; the hotel lobby very pleasant and homey. The beds were definitely a 'cut above', although mine wouldn't get quite soft enough, but slept well. The only complaint was the infernally slow drain in the lavatory.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Lucinda G,

We appreciate your choice of lodging and the time taken to post a very nice Trip Advisor We just finished a lobby upgrade which you saw, and I'm pleased that our guest service team helped make your stay most enjoyable.

I regret the slow drain you encountered. Our maintenance team has resolved that issue.

We hope we have the pleasure of accommodating your lodging needs next time in Harrisburg.

Warm regards,

Chambersburg, United States
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This hotel has 24 hour airport shuttle service as well as lets you leave your car there while vacationing. It is only a 15 minute ride to the airport. The room was clean and the staff was nice. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Dawn L,

We appreciate your business and the Trip Advisor post. Our hotel does have a good location just 15 minutes from the airport, Harrisburg and the Hershey attractions. We do accommodate many "park & rides" to the airport with our free shuttle for hotel guests.
Please come back on your next fly -out!!

Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My family stayed here for 1 night. The hotel gives a lot for a reasonable amount of money. It is only 15 minutes from Hershey Park which wasn't a problem for us. The room was clean, a decent size, the check in staff was very friendly. I have had issues with other hotel chains, but Hilton has always stood behind there product so I continue to give them my business. I will definitely be staying in this hotel again. It even has a bar and limited room service for a nice price. A good deal all around.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Barbara V,

A big Thanks for your business and Trip Advisor post. We are so happy that your stay was enjoyable at our Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East. We do attract many loyal guests due the ease and short drive to Hershey attractions. Keep in mind one can also “hub & spoke” to the Lancaster & Gettysburg attractions as well with excellent highway access and a 50 minute drive.
Our restaurant is a cut above the stereotyped hotel encounter. We make sure our selection and price point is also appealing to families and children. We even make Pizza from scratch and have a children’s menu. Steaks, pasta, salads and sandwiches round out our offering. Our chef is working on new items for this coming season.
We hope to see you back!!
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel about a month ago. I just have not had the time to write my review. There was a mouse in my room! I spoke to someone at the front desk then Bill (the manager) came out. He was very rude with a condescending tone. I was very upset and a bit panicked and I felt like he was making fun of me. I was so upset...even more upset than when I saw the mouse. Thankfully the girl at the front desk her name is jashnia was very nice and understanding and managed to calm me down a bit. They did refund my room but I will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank travoltanation
Bill D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Travoltanation,

We certainly regret and apologize for the experience you described. As the person who spoke with you, I also regret that you perceived my personal response as anything less than genuine. It was intended to show concern and apply the appropriate response for the value of your room. We provided a full refund.
We take all guest comments seriously and immediately respond to any life safety or health concerns. Two managers and our pest control company found no evidence of any presence in your room. We do have routine-repetitive pest control program contracted with an experienced and licensed vendor that keeps our hotel free of these outside pests.

Let’s move forward and look at our experience as a misunderstanding and I invite you for a return visit. Our hotel has many great team members such as Jeshanah and several excellent customer experiences posted to this site. We hope to see you in the future.

Warm regards,

New York, United States
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Hotel was pretty good but I would have been able to get additional discounts if I purchased my stay directly through the hotel they offered additional AAA discount. They did not offer comp breakfast as a matter of fact the breakfast was overpriced. Location was 15 min from the park and only 1 day of complementary WiFi other hotels give free WiFi for your whole stay.

Washington, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The suite was perfect for my husband and young daughter. The spacious layout, including a 2nd bathroom, was much appreciated. We would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn to others seeking lots of room to eat and relax with a young child.