Stayed here this past weekend on a quick Hershey getaway with my family. Other than a Hampton Inn here and there, I haven't frequented Hilton brand hotels as of late. We decided to try this chain after reading the reviews. The pros of the hotel are that the location is very close to Hershey, but you save a fair amount by not staying in town. The hotel lobby is very elegant and clean, and the staff are very nice. The rooms are fairly clean and nicely laid out. There is some wear and tear here and there, but nothing major. We were on the 4th floor, facing the front of the hotel, but we never noticed any noise from outside. The beds were horrible. I have never been a fan of memory foam, and this was no exception. The beds were so hard that getting a good night sleep was nearly impossible.
One thing I liked when I looked at the hotel on line was that they had two pools - one indoor and then one outdoor. Unfortunately, we never got to use the outdoor pool. We ended up using the indoor pool because the outdoor pool seems to be a gathering place for people to smoke. We took our 2 year old daughter out to the pool on our last morning and around 6 people were gathered at the tables by the outdoor pool smoking. Very disappointing. This seemed to be a theme throughout. We smelled smoke in our room at one point, and smelled smoke in the hall on more than one occasion. Not sure why since the hotel is 100% non-smoking.
We purchased the bed and breakfast package, which really was an eye opener. If you decide to use this - get the buffet. We ordered from the menu and the scrambled eggs we ordered were horrible. It was as if someone was making an omelet and in the middle decided, 'let me make scrambled eggs instead.' They were dark brown, in thin flat sheets - unlike any eggs I have ever seen. We ordered two waffles and they were so over cooked that it was really hard to cut them. I am not sure I have ever had a waffle so tough. The selection at the buffet looked much better and later we wished we had just gotten that instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East hotel is conveniently located only 8 miles from Hershey Park Theme Park and all Hershey attractions, including Hershey's Chocolate World, Hershey's Giant Center, Penn State Hershey Medical Center, and Hershey Gardens. Experience Downtown Harrisburg only 5 miles away! Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East is a hop, skip and a jump away from The Harrisburg East Mall and The Bass Pro Shop. A short drive will lead you to many exciting locations such as Gettysburg Battlefields, and the beautiful Lancaster, Pennsylvania Dutch Country. Located in TecPort Business Park Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East offers friendly service, deluxe accommodations, complimentary shuttle service to and from Harrisburg International Airport and a relaxed atmosphere for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East Hotel Harrisburg
- Harrisburg Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Harrisburg