“Grandparents visit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Harrisburg/Hershey Area

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ramada Harrisburg/Hershey Area
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Gallipolis
“Grandparents visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

The motel was clean and the staff were very friendly - especially helpful was the clerk named "Mariah" - we did not use the breakfast but, it smelled good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Moriah W, Front Office Manager at Ramada Harrisburg/Hershey Area, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Judy D,

Thank you for you 5 star review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and always appreciate hearing good compliments about our staff. We hope to see you again in the future!!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Woodmere, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with my family of 5 total.
The only, and I'll stress the only, thing I didn't like was the fact that at night there is no way of having any kind of light in the room. I had to leave one of the lamps on, covered with a ton of towels, so that if anyone had to get up at night, they wouldn't break their neck in total darkness.
Other then that quark, the stay was EXCELLENT.
Good breakfast, clean room, fast and courteous service, clean pool with lots of chairs and towels, nice exercise room, good parking, luggage carts for your arrival, close to Hershey park and other attractions, reasonably priced, quiet, well appointed rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Moriah W, Front Office Manager at Ramada Harrisburg/Hershey Area, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Michael F,

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed you stay we love hearing positive things :) And we hope to see you again soon next time you are in our area!
New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed here overnight after seeing a concert at Hershey and the location was good for two reasons, if you travel on 81 to get to the area it's right off the highway and two, it's roughly 7 miles from HersheyPark which was nice. Other than that there were few nice things to say about this hotel, though the one employee I interacted with was pleasurable.
First, if you ask for a non-smoking room check if the whole floor is non-smoking otherwise you may need a gas mask to get to your room. I stayed in a NS room on the 2nd floor in Building A (I think the older part) and in order to get to my room I had to walk past 4 smoking rooms which was a big turnoff and there was no way to avoid it. Second, the walls were paper thin, which meant I got to listen in on the conversation taking place next door at 2am. Some of the outlets didn't work so you had to choose what you wanted to plug in and don't even think of trying to use the wifi. They give you a username and password for it, but it's no good if there's absolutely no signal.
They do offer free continental breakfast from 6am-10am and it's a nice selection of breakfast items.
This hotel was definitely a one and done, thankfully we weren't planning on staying more than one night.

Room Tip: If you are placed in building A ask to be moved to the main building, there's few nice things ab...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Jersey Kid,

Thank you for your feedback, We are sorry your stay did not meet your expectation's, however I am glad you did enjoy our continental breakfast we try to make sure ever guest has a great time during there stay. We hope if you are ever in the area you will give us another try.
Charles Town, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We reserved a room through Priceline for one night during the 4th of July holiday. After making this reservation months ago, I called the hotel to ask for a room with 2 beds because 4 people were going to be staying in the room. I did not ask for any upgrades at all. I was told this would not be a problem. I was a little unsure as I spoke to this person, so I called a few days before our departure only to find out a mistake had been made and that we had a room with one bed a no room for cots. Priceline was nice enough to call and resolve the issue for me. Now comes to the rude staff. Upon arrival, a very annoyed general manager Dave came to check us in. No smile, no welcome to the hotel. When I told him about our request, he began to rant about Priceline and its customers and how no special treatment should be given. He also then went on to lecture me about a 3 night minimum due to the holiday "so you're saying to me that Priceline customers get worse treatment than your other rewards customers or other paying customers?" His reply was, "yes". Wow. We have been using Priceline for years and I have never been treated in this manner. What started off as a fun day quickly got ruined by this man. He is the General Manager? If there are issues with Priceline, that that is something that needs to be taken up with the corporate office.

On to our room. It was fine, although the cushon on the couch wasn't zipped, and we had 1/4 roll of toilet paper left. There was a hairclip on the floor that did not belong to us. Upon coming back to the hotel late that evening, we were given a roll of toilet paper that belong in the public restrooms. I guess better than nothing. We didn't have any blankets for the sleeper sofa, and we were told that we needed to come down and get them ourselves. Breakfast was ok, not great.

I am still so appalled at the treatment we were given by Dave. Regardless of how one books a hotel room should not be an issue on how they are treated. I will continue to use Priceline, but not if we are returning to this area, as I would NEVER stay here again, and wouldn't want to take the chance that this hotel would be the one to accept our bid.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family