“Unexpected”

Ramada Harrisburg/Hershey Area
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
“Unexpected”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I opted against a 2 and 1/2 hour commute for a recent 2 day business meeting; instead staying at the Ramada Harrisburg. Upon check in I'd been given a room that smelled as though someone had just smoked 2 packs of cigarettes, just before I entered. Believing I'd mistakenly reserved smoking room, I returned to the front desk and requested a non smoking room. Informed that room was to be so, the desk clerk immediately offered me an alternative room. They compensated my inconvenience by putting me in a King room at no extra charge! My stay was relatively uneventful; but, after checking out, I'd realized I left a belonging behind. A call to the front desk assured me I'd be able to pick up my item after my meeting, and it was waiting for me upon return. I am appreciative of the care and concern as well as the service I'd received. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Reviewed 2 April 2014

It was OK. The hotel was nice. I feel their wasn't much area to potty my dog and then I had to go around the far back of the hotel to do so. Then no ones key cards worked to get us back into the hotel without going through the main lobby so we had to prop the door open so we could get back in.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Hotel was clean, bed was comfortable. Access to single queen bed rooms was a long walk without elevator so somewhat inconvenient.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Unfortunately, I didn't check beforehand to see that this property allowed pets in the room. Consequently, the room next door had a dog that barked incessantly and was able to be heard through the thin walls.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Look nice on the outside but very very nasty on the inside infested with bed bugs!!!. I Went to sleep at 11pm and woke up around 3pm with six bites throughout my body i paid almost 70 dollars and got bit multiple times I'm very upset about this visit

• Stayed March 2014
GMDavid17112, General Manager at Ramada Harrisburg/Hershey Area, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
I am sorry that you got bit by bed bugs on your recient stay. Are you sure it was this hotel that you stayed at? We do not normally have any bed bug issues. We have an extensive plan in place where every room is sprayed twice per week as a precausionary measure. Other hotels come to me and ask what we do because they have bed bug problems continuely. It is nice to be the forefront hotel in the area that other hotels look up to when they have to confront problems.