“Really good food and service”

Isaac's Restaurants
Ranked #100 of 557 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Awesome grilled sandwiches named after birds, delicious made-from-scratch soups, fresh green salads and an award-winning Kid's Menu have made Isaac's a South Central PA favorite for over 30 years. 19 Locations company-wide with 5 in the Harrisburg area.
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Went here for lunch. Loved the decor. Bright and happy. Couldn't decide what to order as there were so many good things to choose from. After getting a sample of the cranberry chicken salad, I definitely went with that on my sandwich and was not disappointed. My son had the seafood chowder in a bread bowl and said it was excellent. Fast friendly service. Definitely would come back.

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

The only positive things that I can really say about this place are that the location isn't far off the highway and the food is generally good.I went here for take out twice in June. The first time we did not order ahead. We waited 15 minutes to order and another 30 minutes for our food... for take out. When we checked our order it was incorrect and some toppings that we had paid for were missing. The staff made it clear that they were doing us a big favor correcting their mistake. They tossed some free sandwich cards in our bag to try and make it up to us. We went back the next week. I called 45 minutes in advance to place or order. The woman on the phone assured me that our food would be ready by the time we got there. When I arrived I had to wait 10 minutes at the take out counter for somebody to figure out I was there. By the time they came over there was a line behind me. The girl at the register told me that our food want done yet, so I stepped aside and waited. A woman behind me was picking up a catering order so they helped her carry things to her car. She commented that they were missing an entire tray of food, though. My order finally came up, but the girl continued to serve people who had been behind me in line. I reminded her that my food was supposed to be ready 20 minutes ago so she grabbed my bag and tried to ring me up. I showed her the free sandwich cards we had gotten last time and she said that she didn't know how to ring them up, then asked if I could just use them next time. Obviously there will be no next time. When I pulled out the sandwiches it was clear that the first was made by the time I had requested the food to be ready. The first one was soggy and cold and mine still want made correctly. If you make a poor life choice to eat here, please don't bother with take out. You will spend less time eating a 4 course meal elsewhere. The food at Isaac's is also pretty pricey for a deli sandwich.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Had lunch there with three friends.

One friend ordered the Gooney Bird sandwich, and she loved it! Not much of a selection of chips. They only have the home made kind that they make there. But they are decent.

I ordered the Mediterranean Salad. It was very good, and I wolfed that thing down really fast. It would have been nice to have some chick peas with my salad. And I was in the mood for some dill pickle spears. But get this, this is a self proclaimed "deli" that has NO dill pickles! NONE! What the heck is a deli without kosher dills? That was disappointing. And they also don't have chick peas for their salads. Another mystery to me.

My other two friends also ordered sandwiches, and they liked them a lot. Sorry I don't remember what they ordered. But I've never heard of a "bad" sandwich at Isaac's.

Isaac's, you need to get some darned kosher dill pickles, or TAKE THE WORD "deli" OUT of your name. :-)

Total bill was about $24 before tip. Not bad. But we only drank water. So add some drinks to the bill and that will take the cost up significantly.

Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

Love their pretzel sandwiches, our favorite is the mallard. Soups are also a great choice, the pepper jack cheddar in a bread bowl is just perfect for a blustery day. This visit my husbands sand which was slightly burnt and they took it off the receipt with no hassle.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

Fresh, high-quality food. Extensive menu. Great soups. Gluten-free options. Hands down best (i.e. most unique and complete) kids menu in the Hershey/Harrisburg area! It's a no-brainer if you're a tourist or local.