“I booked a king online-was put in a queen room and when...”
Review of Harrisburg Hotel

Harrisburg Hotel
Ranked #42 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Lewes
“I booked a king online-was put in a queen room and when...”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I booked a king online-was put in a queen room and when asked later-told nothing ever showed from my online request. Am not sure why hotels continue to place you right next door to another when the entire floor was empty but 2 rooms-was told its to help housekeeping not walk so far to clean rooms. Well, I think they could put you across the hall at least-awakened by the room next door headboard banging on the wall at 3 am . Thanks. The hotel was very clean

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

HospitalitySteve_11, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank-you very much for choosing the Wyndham Garden Harrisburg/Hershey. I did want to let you know it is always best to use the hotels website when reserving rooms. Your reservation was from an opaque site that as you stated is a request due to the deep discounts offered. We do try to fulfill all request but on occasion have groups in house that require certain room types and are guaranteed. I also wanted to clarify our hotel did not assign you a room closer to the elevator so the housekeeping department did not have to walk further it was that was what was available. Guest satisfaction is our # 1 priority. Please contact me direct the next time you visit Harrisburg so I can personally be sure you receive the room type you need.

Sincerely ,
Stephen Tremmel
Wyndham Garden Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Wilkes Barre
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I had a nice stay, however, I did not receive a receipt upon check out, Can you please email me a receipt of what exactly was charged to my credit card for my records? Thank you.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

First let me thank-you for staying with us. I am glad your stay was was very good. If I could ask that you contact me direct so we can get you a receipt please. I do want to be sure we have your info correct . Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next time you visit Harrisburg.

Stephen Tremmel
Wyndham Garden Hotel
717.558.9500
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel was awful and filthy. There were sheets in a pile on the floor which were never removed. One of the beds in our room had a sheet that barely covered the mattress, and underneath was a supposed mattress pad that was nothing more than a dryer sheet. I contacted the manager after we returned home and after a month he never responded to my message, so I finally had to call corporate Wyndham.
The carpets in the halls were filthy and hadn't been vacuumed in a while. Do not stay here.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hazleton, Pennsylvania, Usa
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Very pleasant stay. Bed was very comfortable. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay at a wyndhM property again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

central pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed one night for a 6:00 a.m. flight out of the Harrisburg Airport. Was told I could have the shuttle at 4:30 - the driver arrived pulling up his pants and putting on a sweatshirt while walking past all of while we all waited on the sidewalk. He then proceeded to go inside...finally after 5 minutes we asked where was the shuttle and was told the driver has arrived. He comes out apologizing for the delay. If we are told there is a 4:30 shuttle...it should not mean 4:40...the only reason we stayed here was for the closeness to the airport and the shuttle service. They did not deliver quite as promised.
Hotel room is average and the service very average.

Room Tip: Try not to book the 6:00 a.m. flight if depending on the shuttle service from this hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank glebo
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Every one here was super nice. The room was very clean and the people were outstanding. I was on the Sixth floor, and what a great view of the sky line. Also I was able to look out onto all the main road and see all the traffic. If it was good or bad to help me determine what way was best for me. The staff here was always nice and very friendly to me. This is a great place that is in a great location. A lot of places to eat close by, you are not even far from Wal-Mart.

Room Tip: Here they also have a place downstairs to eat and even get you day started with Starbucks coffee.