“May weekend review”

Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 9 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Exercise equipment was shocking users and room was small and had too few machines.
My sink plug didn't work.
My heat lamp timer got stuck before it turned off - keeping it on.
The "smart" chair was damaged - no upholstery on the chair.
Lamps in the room are too low voltage.
Elevators are scary, slow, shaky and look bad
The staff blares the TV in the lobby.
Alarm clock in the room was difficult to read an operate
Air conditioner I room was weak

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lynn W
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is a nice place to stay in Harrisburg with many restaurants and shopping options nearby. We left some clothes and some alcoholic beverages at the front desk for our friend to pick up and they disappeared!!! We still havent gotten them back yet. The rooms are nice but the door was all marked up and had paint all over it. The elevators look pretty worn down also. We came in at 12AM from a late flight into Harrisburg and entered our room. Upon entering we got a phone call that said we were loud! WHAT! R U kidding! We have a 5 month old baby and maybe she fussed a little! But we were not loud at all. Maybe you need to sound proof the walls a little better. Or maybe since we had a very small baby we should have slept in our car??? I dont think so... People need to be a little more understanding. Im sure they had kids at one point. CRABBY!!!! Anyways I will stay here again and it is a nice place but you need to hire trust worthy staff and update a little.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
HospitalitySteve_11, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I am truly sorry for the call you received for the noise. I will review your comments with our desk associates and do some additional sensitivity coaching when we have these calls in the future.
I am happy to see you will return and I know you will see improvement in the area's you mention. We take all our reviews very seriously and always want to provide the very best service possible.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I came to stay here for a few nights with a group of college students competing in a show at the Farm Show Complex. The lack of a free breakfast is a pain when getting up at 5 AM, but we knew that in advance. Rooms were comfortable, but both our shower and sink were very slow draining, plus one of the other rooms had a toilet clog upon arrival as well. Later in our visit our door began to not work and maintenance had to let us in every night. They offered a different room for the next day but we were away all day (from 5 Am to 10 PM) so swapping rooms would have been a bigger inconvenience. Overall the stay was fine, nothing to brag about but not a bad visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Emily M

Thank-you for staying with us during your trip to the Harrisburg/Hershey area. I immediately had our Maintenance Chief inspect your room and several others so we could remedy the issue with your sink draining slow. It was an isolated issue but do appreciate you letting us know so it could be addressed for future guest. I do remember the group you were in and wanted let you know we appreciate your business. Please call me directly should you need group rooms in the future and I will be sure we do everything possible so your stay is a pleasant one.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

2  Thank Terry M

Reviewed 1 May 2014

1  Thank Robert R

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

DONT WASTE A DIME OF YOUR MONEY. THIS PLACE IS NASTY!!!! I got the wrong directions. I ask for the sheets to be washed w/o bleach due to allergy. When I arrived to this run down, filthy hot mess of a hotel they had no idea what I was talking about. Offered to wash my sheets at midnight...really? Trust me you need bleach if you stay here! Yuck yuck yuck!!!!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
HospitalitySteve_11, General Manager at Harrisburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

I am truly sorry your stay was unacceptable.We do try to honer all guest request. Even if it means washing one set of sheets . I do want you to know my desk associate was sincere and would have did that for. you. Please accept my apologies and call me directly so "I can make it right"
As you can see from the positive reviews this is not the norm .

General Manger