“All I needed for a comfortable stay.”

Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I stayed here while doing business in both Harrisburg West and the Hershey area over the course of 3 days--good central location for both. Lots of stores and restaurants within walk or short drive. Nice room, nice staff; provided all I needed for a comfortable nights rest. Breakfast was suitable with very good coffee. Clean, quiet room, nice decor. Good bed and a hot shower. Found a great deal for this room and was not disappointed. I kept thinking, for this price, there's got to be something wrong with the place - but there was absolutely nothing wrong! It was quite nice. I would book here again with no hesitation.

Room Tip: Request a room on the second floor or higher.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank FUDISUZ
skier67, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent business trip to the Harrisburg/Hershey are. I'm glad you found us be central to both location desitnations. Due to our highway access, you are able to quickly access many areas with ease. I was very pleased to hear that you found our hotel comfortable and our staff friendly. Our staff members work very hard and take great pride in their work to ensure our guests experience comfortable, clean and dependable accommodations. I hope that you will contact me directly (717-561-8100) for your reservations during your next visit to our area. Again, thank you for your kind comments!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East

Reviewed 25 March 2011

My friend and I had stayed in a beautiful Holiday Inn Express in Massachusetts, so we decided to stick with the chain when we made a reservation for the weekend. My first complaint is petty, but I didn't enjoy the color scheme, it was too dark for my taste. Aside from the superficial, we found a strand of hair in each of our beds and I found a strand of hair on one of my pillowcases as well. It was too long to be pubic which was the only bright side to that problem. The bathroom was smaller than the one we stayed at in MA, and when we first got there, there was a new, wrapped toilet paper roll, as well as a used one. It was about half gone, and the end wasn't folded like you usually find. And a warning for anyone who this may effect, but the elevator is still incredibly slow as previous reviewers have pointed out. All in all it wasn't a nightmare, but if I'm ever in the area again I may look around for more options before deciding to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I'm glad you chose our hotel during your visit to our area and that you are a returning customer to the Holiday Inn Express brand "family." Even though hotel size and decor changes from location to location, high levels of comfort and quality needs to be consistent at every location. I was greatly disappointed to hear of your experience during your recent stay, but I'm very thankfull for your honest feedback. This allows to address and correct these issues to eliminate future occurences. Please be assured that your comments have been addressed with our housekeeping management and team members. I would also hope that, during your next visit to the Harrisburg/Hershey area, you will come back and give us another try. Please contact me directly at 717-561-8100 for future reservtions. Thank you for being one of our valued guests!

Reviewed 21 March 2011

Accidentally booked this hotel instead of "Holiday Inn Harrisburg East". Please notice similarity in name. Holiday Inn Express management (James or Jeff) would not switch the night to the Holiday Inn. Did the event/dinner at the Holiday Inn then had to ask colleagues to drive in snow storm to drop me off at Holiday Inn Express (Week of February 20th). Lack of cooperation put me and my colleauges in harm's way to save a $120 room night. Won't be staying at a Holiday Inn Express for a long time.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your concerns regarding your reservations with us back in February. Even though the Holiday Inn East and the Holiday Inn Express East has similar names, we are both independantly owned and operated and do not share reservation accounts. Unfortunately, this does not allow us to transfer reservations between hotels. Also, please keep in mind that there may be additional booking terms that may not allow a hotel to cancel a reservation. These may include booking advanced purchase discount reservations, booking through wholesale clubs and booking through a third party on-line agencies. Each of these reservation "avenues" may have their policies that either limit or not make cancellations possible. Please fee free to contact me directly at 717-561-8100 if you would like more information on reservation policies. Again, thank you for selecting our hotel and for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Reviewed 7 March 2011

From the initial reservation and greeting at check in, to check-out, the quality, service, and experience at the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East were top notch. The room was spacious and the hotel was extremely clean and well-managed. We encountered no problems at all during our stay, and look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
skier67, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to the Harrisburg/Hershey area. We are glad to hear about your wonderful experience during your recent stay at our hotel and we greatly appreciate your kind words. Our staff takes great pride in servicing our guests and your comments will be posted for their review. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you stay in "our house" during your next visit to the Harrisburg/Heshey area.

Reviewed 6 March 2011

I chose this hotel because of the reviews, but I won't stay here again. I was given room 104 and sleeping was difficult due to the loud music from the breakfast area and the morning staff person banging around making breakfast at 4am. Room 104 happened to be next to the kitchen. When I complained to the Manager, he told me I must be a light sleeper and that he's never had any complaints about that room. When I returned in the evening, I asked the ladies at the front desk if I could change my room. They told me they NEVER put anyone in room 104 because of the noise! I was given room 221 and sent on my way. Room 221 wasn't much better. The toliet ran all night, the boxsprings were so worn that when I'd turn over I'd wake up from the loud spring noise. The room smelled like cigarette smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. I spoke to the night manager about the smoke smell and he couldn't believe they gave me that room having been in room 104. The hotel has six smoking rooms on the third floor and I was directly under one of those rooms. I was told the smoke smell was coming from the bathroom. I had reservations to stay there at the end of the month, but canceled them! I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
skier67, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2011

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to express your concerns during your recent stay at our hotel and apologize for any discomfort you experienced. Please be assured that your comments have already been addressed with our Guest Service Representative team members in order to better respond to a guest concern and to be more aware of their surroundings, especially to monitor the noise levels in the lobby/breakfast area. Your comments have also been a great training tool to improve communications of our guests needs to other staff members in order to prevent a future occurance.

I was glad to hear that you selected our hotel due to the high number of positive guest reviews with the overall feedback from our guests being superior in our market. Knowing that, I would only hope that you would consider giving us another chance to prove our dedication to service is the highest priority. When making your next reservation with us, please alert our staff member of your concerns from your previous stay and they will direct you to a room location that will ensure a comfortable stay!

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience during this past stay and we would look forward to serving you during your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 16 February 2011

Although I could not get the VOIP working using the highspeed internet connection, Jose, the Chief Engineer at the hotel put in his best efforts and eventually figured out that some ports for voice communication that were needed were blocked. He has since taken up the matter and promises to get the VOIP ports opened up so that business travelers with their VOIP device can make calls soon. Thanks Jose for your time and effort.
I paid $71/night which included highspeed internet and a full breakfast buffet included. The rooms were clean and I stayed for 2 weeks and found the hotel pretty cost effective.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
skier67, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest during you visit this past February. I'm very pleasend to hear that our staff was of assistance to help you with the internet. As you know, Internet security and log-in requriements are ever changing. In fact, we recently upgraded our security and log-in requirements to help with the efficiency, connectivity and to keep non-registered hotel guests from accessing our wireless internet service. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope you will visit us again during your next visit to the Harrisburg/Hershey area.

Reviewed 6 December 2010

This was an older five stories hotel that has been remodeled, but still shown signs of wear and tear. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Our first Room 515 was right next to the elevator. After complaining about a very very loud noise and vibration (which probably last for an hour), we're moved to Room 500 down the hall, next to ice and vending machines. The loud noise actually came from the storage room (an electrical room in reality), not the elevator. Staffs were very aware of the noise situation when they changed room for us. Hotel was at a good location for restaurants and shops. Staffs also provided us an excellent list of restaurants with directions from the hotel. Breakfast selection was good, except sliced ham was bone dry and inedible. Pets were allowed with a $15 fee.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay with us back in December. I was pleased to hear that our hotel was clean with comforatable beds. We take great pride in being very attentive to our guests. For this reason, I was very disappointed to hear that you were not better accommodated after being disturbed with a noisy location near the elevator/mechanical room and then being placed next to the vending area. Your comments provided very valuable material in our recent staff training meeting. Again, thank you, your feedback allows us to improve our customer service to prevent a re-occurrence in the future. Please contact me directly during you next visit to the Harrisburg/Hershey area and I'll assure you a more quiet location!