“Great Stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We enjoyed our stay here! The lady working the front desk when I checked in went above and beyond to meet my requests for a quiet room. When we discovered that our assigned room was right across from the elevator, she happily changed us to another room further down the hall. Nice, quiet room and good breakfast. Just what we were looking for!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night. Easy access, clerk at desk was very friendly. Room was safe, clean and quiet. I used gym which meant my needs for one day. Morning buffet was filling, kept fresh. No complaints. Even though it was near I83, I was not kept awake by traffic noise. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The service here was first class. From the front desk an check in to answering any questions. Was like almost as if I were family. They went out of their way which is always a nice feeling. Made me feel like I was not just a number but cared. For a traveler that is always nice. And Brittany was especially helpful,kind and courteous. Outstanding and caring by all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I definitely enjoyed my time and stay there... The lady working the front desk, I think her name was Brandy.. She was real nice and friendly, positive energy and said everything with a smile.. Thats what I like to see in people when it comes to a place/environment like this. She was EXCELLENT! I loved my room and the cleanliness of it.. The staff was great and made me feel welcomed from when I first stepped foot in. Convenient to stores an the highway. This is a great place to stay and I highly recommend that to people..

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 9 November 2013

After taking in the car show at Hershey Park we tried to find a hotel near Harrisburg. We happened upon the HI Express. We were overly tired and I'm sure I was a little rude, but Brandy, the lady who checked us in, made us feel right at home. I don't normally take notice of the hotel staff when we travel, but something was different about her. The genuine smile and caring attitude really helped make our day that much better. Most people who are working the desk at 9:30 at night are not too excited to be there, let alone care about what some one-time customer has to say, but Brandy did. I wouldn't normally say anything at all about the desk staff, but she got us into a great room and even brought us a few extra pillows and blankets for the night. The bed was wonderful, slept like a baby (who isn't teething) the shower had plenty of hot water in the morning and the breakfast setup was well serviced as well. We would definitely stay here again on the way through to DC next year. Hope that we get to see Brandy again along with the other staff in the breakfast area - they were very helpful as well. I hope the manager reads these reviews as it is worthy of some sort of notice for her and the rest of the staff. Will definitely stay there again! Keep up the good work Harrisburg East! :) <3

Room Tip: Ask for King Beds...very nice comfortable beds! Thanks Brandy!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I traveled to the Harrisburg area in early October on business and needed at the last minute.Called got a reservation right away and when I arrived Brandy at the front desk welcomed me and made me feel right at and comfortable.The free breakfast was good,especially the great cinnamon rolls. The room was very neat and clean.My check out was a quick and caring.Great stay and will return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Nothing has changed for the better since my last review of this property. It's a reasonable place to stay -- near the highway and convenient to Hershey -- but not a great place. And it's below average for a Holiday Inn Express. The rooms are small and only adequately furnished (my bed's frame was a bit wobbly), and they don't have any larger or upgraded rooms to give to the platinum members of their IHG Rewards program.

Breakfast was a real weak point, as they managed to "screw up" the standard Holiday Inn Express fare. The juice machine produced watery juice. The pancake machine was broken. The eggs had been sitting around for hours and were hard and dry. Poor attention to details at breakfast suggest poor attention to other details as well, and I would recommend staying at one of IHG's numerous OTHER hotels in the area.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Dave's_reviews,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that our location was suitable for your needs. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the condition of the room assigned to you and our breakfast options. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.