“Not a bad place to stay - but could use an upgrade”
Review of Hilton Harrisburg

Hilton Harrisburg
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This hotel is nice, clean and convenient, but is a bit dated in the rooms, the decor, the AC/heating and the amenities. Staff is very nice and friendly and the executive lounge has a new upgrade - but the rest of the hotel could use a spiffy up. Got upgraded to a suite and the bed was the wonderful hilton bed, but the room was dark and very 90s with the old dial AC controller. Not bad for a short 2 night stay for business but not a vacation hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank smackie13
Phillip N, Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Good morning,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.
We begin our Guestroom renovation in December and will then move on to our public space. If you liked the new look of the Executive Lounge, you'll love the look of the Guest Bedrooms. I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back again.
Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,157)

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I am mixed in my review of this hotel because my specific experience was not good. The hotel itself is fine if you are there for a conference. It has decent conference facilities, so it is convenient to stay right there. Plus there is a small shopping mall with a food court attached by an indoor walkway.

I was "upgraded" to a room on the executive lounge floor. However, they were building a new lounge and the construction work was LOUD all day until almost midnight (after I called the front desk twice and asked someone in the makeshift lounge twice when they would be finished for the night and got 4 different answers!). I was told by one of the people that they were just "cleaning up" in there, and it shouldn't be too loud. Not true, as they were hammering, drilling, etc on the wall right on the opposite side of my headboard at 11:45 PM. They also began the construction again very early in the morning. Totally unacceptable and terrible customer service. For this reason, I will suggest that we do not have this conference at this hotel again (or the other large conference that I am involved in planning).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kikipa73
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Kikipa,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the hotel. As you have pointed out, we are making some improvements to our guest areas. We look forward to unveiling a new executive lounge experience soon. Please accept my sincere apologies that the improvement caused you disturbances during your visit. We strive to provide the most relaxing and enjoyable environment possible and regrettable we failed to meet that criteria for you. I certainly hope that you give us an opportunity to welcome you back so we have an opportunity to proved the experience you deserve. Please feel free to reach out to me directly so I can follow up on your comments.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344

Reviewed 8 October 2013

For the most part it was a nice stay in the middle of Harrisburg. Night life hoping right outside but quiet stay. There is a nice restaurant in the hotel but a lot of places to eat and drink outside. Great location!! Would stay again!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Travel dad,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

I'm typically pretty picky when I stay somewhere, so I was quite surprised when I see these previous reviews..
I stayed there for a conference this week. Everything was excellent. Check in was easy, staff very friendly, rooms were impeccably clean. Food during the conference was delicious. Unfortunately they gave us the same lunch each day that was a bummer but may not have been their fault.
The parking garage was under construction and a bit confusing very little signage of exits and entrances.
Check out was easy, they extended to one pm for me. ,
Again, everything was fantastic, everything you would expect from a hilton...

• Stayed: September 2013

American Girl,
I am pleased that you were able to join us for your conference. Thank you for taking the time to share your excellent experience with our future travelers. We can certainly appreciate the importance of food variety especially for a multi-day conference, it is ultimately up to the meeting planners, however we will share your feedback with our team so they can make some stronger suggestions. We have been working with the public garage through their renovation to provide clearer information for our guests and visitors and will continue to follow up with them. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344

Reviewed 24 September 2013

The stay was terrible. The Hotel was smelly and Dirty. Our room had to be changed, and even with that I was still disappointed. The lobby was smelled of urine and was completely dirty. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone going as a couple. We were seeing a show at the attached venue and it was just terrible. The continental breakfast was not a good selection, not worth the upgrade at all. The only positive was the bed was comfortable. The television kept going in and out, watching a football game like that is near impossible. We did pay an extra $25 to check in early, which we were able to do, but was not worth it since we had to switch rooms due to the condition of the room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Amber B
Phillip N, Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Good afternoon,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the room you received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Average hotel...average stay. The lobby area was nice. The hotel was clean and the decor was decent. Room was very clean and fairly decent. I will check out alternate accommodation next time I am in the area. The valet parking needs improvement.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RondaJS
Phillip N, Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Good morning,
We have wrapped up all of our guest bathroom renovations and will soon be moving to the bedroom portion. We will continue with the public spaces of the hotel in the winter and spring months. We look forward to welcoming you back to see the new product!

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Instead of a long rant about this hotel, I will do a by category review:
Rooms- nice new sinks, mattresses bad in two rooms we had
Public areas- carpet and most of the decor is dated, nice electrical taped spots on carpet, did not use any of the bars or restaurants in the hotel but they appeared to be nice
Honors members breakfast area- a joke, not enough seating to accomadate a weekend business nor enough staffing to keep it filled.
Used honors points for this stay and regret it!!! What a waste. 40,000 points per night, should be 25000-30000 at most. Addressed issues with hotel and corporate but nothing addressed just a generic apology while addressing nothing and satisfying no one. FYI- if your dump of a hotel is being remodeled, let me know during the reservation process NOT when I am checking in !! So if hotel management or corporate says this is an exaggeration or that my issues were addresses, that would be some [--]!

• Stayed: August 2013

Good morning,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. I would like to truly apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and regretfully in your case, we failed to meet that criteria. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.
We will be continuing with our guest bedroom renovation through the Autumn and will then move into our public spaces. I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to see the finished product!