Hilton Harrisburg
US$152
Homewood
US$90
US$75
Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$76
Red Roof
US$123
US$175
US$149
1,188 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeparking garagestrawberry squaread libself parkfront deskwhitaker centerrestaurants and barscapitol buildingsusquehanna riverhotel restaurantbusiness tripbed was very comfortablenice stayfitness centerhershey parkvalet
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Although the hotel's location is good that is it! I arrived on 11-11-13 for a housing conference. Upon checking in and going to my room located on the 6th floor I noticed entering the room something was not right. One look around the room and I found the following; finger nails, hair, bugs, maggots, stains on bed sheets/pillows, and a lot of dust. I was then moved to another room on the same floor only to find a lot of similar filth. Need less to say from about 2 pm to after 4 pm and talking with 5 different hotel staff managers/workers I was offered a bottle of champagne, a third room, and possible one night reimbursement. Are you kidding me! Due to the filth, two hours of bad service I was not about to try a third room, spend tax payer money, let alone stay until Wednesday and eat there. I would highly recommend choosing a different location to stay! What ever happened to customer service and just simply doing the right thing?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard G
Phillip N, Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Good afternoon Richard,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the room you received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again.
Phillip Neiswender
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The hotel is in a great location if you need to be in the heart of Harrisburg. Other than that, there isn't much else to say about the place. The rooms are a bit outdated (1970s thermostats?) and could use some sprucing. It's odd, the sink in my bathroom seemed to be renovated but everything else in the bathroom and room itself was old and screaming for a renovation. The parking situation is a bit messy so be prepared to spend a good 15 minutes unloading, finding the garage, waiting for the valet to give you your keys back while you check in, etc...

I do give them credit for a very nice gym, that was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LessWork M
Phillip N, Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Good morning,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. As you have pointed out, we too are excited about the changes that have been made with the renovation and appreciate the specific feedback about how we are improving. We look forward to unveiling the new room furnishings over the next few months. We thank you for your candid feedback, and hope that you have a chance to join us again soon.
Phillip Neiswender
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Harrisburg Hilton is the nicest hotel in downtown Harrisburg but is not an A quality property. Very slow elevators, mediocre food, slow front desk, valet and bell service all hurt the experience. The hotel itself is also cheaply built with relatively poor noise insulation, low tiny toilets and adequate but not special furnishings. Valet service for you can can be slow. On recent stay front desk assigned us to a room right next to ice machine, did not answer when we called to ask for another room and when we went backed to the desk to change our room delivered our luggage to wrong room despite assurances to the contrary. Will look for another alternative for next stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jdocBaltimore
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

J Doc,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We pride ourselves on providing impeccable service and rely on your feedback to continue improving. Please know that we are in the process of undergoing a guest room refresh and look forward to unveiling a new experience soon. We will be using your experience as a training opportunity for our team and hope that you will consider joining us again. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. Please contact me if you have any additional feedback.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I really hate to give a low rating to a well know hotel name, but I feel my low score is warranted due to a very scary, unsettling experience I had while staying here. I have never encountered a similar situation and hope to never suffer this experience again, Thinking about it a week later makes my heart race. I met a group of cousins at the Hilton for our annual women’s get-a-way. We take turns picking areas in Pennsylvania, meet for lunch, spend a wonderful day together and depart after breakfast the following morning. We pack as much as we can into those 24 hours, have been doing this for years, and have always had a wonderful time.
Perhaps it is our advancing ages, or perhaps just the way things happen, but a few of us have had recent health issues which limited how much activity we could do at one time. We didn’t let this stop us, we just went until one of us got tired, that person went back to the hotel to rest, and the rest of the group continued to enjoy all the wonderful sites Harrisburg has to offer.
I returned to the hotel after lunch, and was sound asleep in bed when a knock on the door woke me at 2:20pm. I had removed my slacks and bra and only had on a top. I was slightly disoriented at first; waking from a sound sleep in an unfamiliar hotel room threw me for a moment. That coupled with my health issue may have delayed my response in getting to the door. I was assuming one of the other cousins was coming for a rest. As I rounded the foot of the bed, in view of the door, the door opened and a well-dressed gentleman was standing there saying something like “water inspector”. I was dizzy from getting out of bed so quickly, and given a huge shock with the door to my room opening while I was standing there not fully dressed. I tried to duck below the foot of the bed and must admit I was frightened, a state that is uncommon to me.
The gentleman did not enter the room, but he did keep the door opened enough that I could see him, so I know he could see me. My mind was racing, thinking, “water inspector”, what the heck is that, does my room have a leak? He then asked me if my room had 2 bottles of water! I quickly said “yes”, honestly I would have quipped “yes” had he asked if I had a case of water in my room, I just wanted the door shut and the man gone.
As soon as the gentleman left, I called guest services to tell them what happened. I told them I didn’t want them to be surprised when they saw this on Trip Advisor and I told them I wanted to file a complaint. I admitted that I did not have the ‘Do Not Disturb” sign on the door, I purposely did not put it there in case one of the other cousin’s, who recently had major surgery, needed to rest. I didn’t want her to come to the room tired and hesitate entering so as not to disturb my rest. For the same reason I did not have the extra locks on the door, I take responsibility for that, but I didn’t want to have to get up to let a cousin into the room. In the middle of the afternoon I really didn’t expect anyone else to come into the room.
The woman I spoke to at guest services assured me that the man was from their “water service” and was checking to make certain I had 2 bottle of water available to purchase if I wanted. WHAT?!? Why not just call the room, or better yet, check when the room is cleaned before it is rented out to a new guest? I never heard of such a thing, and would not have even imagined such an odd occurrence, especially at a major hotel chain. I felt embarrassed and violated, the episode upset me so deeply, especially when I think of other rooms he may have entered. What if the parent’s of a young teen girl left her showering while they ran downstairs to grab a bite? What if I hadn’t woken up with the knock and woke when the gentleman had entered the dark room and went to the water bottles? The frightening scenarios just keep popping into my head. Plus, for the reputation of the “water inspector”, why put the gentleman at risk of unfounded accusations by letting him open doors to occupied rooms alone? I feel this is a policy that needs to be stopped immediately.
I did receive a verbal “I’m sorry” from guest services. It is a shame that an otherwise wonderful weekend was spoiled by this incident. The Hilton was a nice hotel, with well-appointed rooms. Parking was a bit of a problem. They could use better directions from the parking garage attached to the hotel to the hotel. The floor the elevator opened to for the hotel looked like a subway entrance, I didn’t see any directions to the hotel, but fortunately another person on the elevator had been there before and guided me to the hotel. That took me to a second floor, so I just had to find my way downstairs to the lobby.
Even after the frightening experience, I would probably stay here again, only I’d post “Do Not Disturb” and lock all locks no matter what time of day or what extra hassle it would involve. The location of the Hilton is ideal for walking to the many wonderful sites. The shuttle service was nice. If you plan to arrive by car, using a GPS, verify the address you have for the Hilton is the one your GPS will be able to use. Also, the parking garage is down an alley directly behind the hotel, and up a block. We missed multiple turns due to the GPS difficulty and obscure entrance for the parking garage and needed to navigate multiple one-way streets to reach our destination.

Room Tip: I recommend using the "Do Not Disturb" sign and all the locks even if you are expecting a traveling companion to join you. Whether you are napping, showering or using the bathroom, keep all locks locked and the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. It may make one person have to stand in the hall a while, but at least you won't have "uninvited" guests, even on the 11th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joyce R
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Joyce,
Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.com. We have the greatest concern and respect for every guest’s experience. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were so rattled by your interruption during your afternoon rest, it is certainly never our intention to intrude upon your day or make you feel in anyway unsafe.

We do recommend that all of our guests follow the Hilton Safety& Security tips while they travel at any hotel in addition to the manual lock and a do-not-disturb sign you mentioned.

Our team will be reaching out to you directly to follow up about your experience. I am so pleased that many of the other aspects of your visit were to the high standards that we expect and regret that this overshadowed them so gravely. We look forward to speaking with you and hope to have a chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

The Hilton Harrisburg provides a good full-service hotel experience for the business traveler. The staff is friendly and the rooms are spacious. Some of the furnishings seems a bit used, but others (like the vessel sink in my room) seemed as though gradual updates were taking place. I'm allergic to down so I wasn't a fan of the pillows and bedding, but when I explained my allergy, housekeeping cheerfully came and provided foam pillows and cotton blankets. Parking is convenient, but be prepared to pay $10 a day for it. If you're a fan of eggs benedict, get it from room service. They were absolutely perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

M Scott,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. As you have pointed out, we too are excited about the changes that have been made with the renovation and appreciate the specific feedback about how we are improving. We look forward to unveiling the new room furnishings soon. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests. We love the eggs benedict too, it is a great way to start the morning. We thank you for your candid feedback, and hope that you have a chance to join us again soon.