“Convenient location in Harrisburg”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Harrisburg

Hilton Harrisburg
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Spring Grove, United States
“Convenient location in Harrisburg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

The Hilton is very conveniently located on 2nd street and very close to bars and restaurants (I recommend Bricco aboot 2 blocks over on 3rd). Being attached to Strawberry Arcade is also a nice convenience. It's a nice Hilton and the decor and service is what I would expect from the Hilton brand hotel. Parking is a pain though

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Tim,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you found the location to be perfect for your visit. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in the area.
Portfolio Reputation Manager - Hilton Harrisburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Pembroke Pines, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed at this Hotel for only one night.....But one night was enough. When entering the 9th floor their was an odor. The room was very basic and not overly clean! I've been staying at this hotel for 20 years, but I am not impressed. I'm a Platinum member with Marriott and I would prefer a Spring Hill Suites or Residence Inn to this Hilton. The food is below average as is the Hotel. I was disappointed with the cable channels. The only thing good about my stay was the friendliness of the front desk! Kudos to them. This place needs a TOTAL makeover!

Room Tip: Ask for a River front room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank david b
Phillip N, Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
David B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. I would like to truly apologize for the issues you had during your stay, especially the paint smell on the 9th floor caused by our room renovations. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and regretfully in your case, we failed to meet that criteria. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.
Our guest room renovations are now complete and over the next few months we will begin our public space renovations. I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back again.
Erie, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

What a great stay I had recently at the Harrisburg Hilton. The staff was magnificent from the valet to the desk manager. During my entire stay the staff was outgoing and really cared about my experience. I enjoyed the facility. Our conference rooms were well laid out and stocked with beverages. It's beautiful inside and reminds one what excellence really means.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Douglas,
I am pleased that you were able to join us for your recent conference. On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon and if there is anything I can do personally to assist with a return visit, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and Trip Advisor.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Hilton at the end of a two week trip. During this trip we stayed at three other Hilton Brand Hotels, prior to this one. While this one was clearly the worse, none of them was a good experience. This downtown hotel is rundown, shabby and dirty. The bathroom sink drain was plugged, the toilet seat was left up, and there was several strands of long hair on the bathroom floor, I am just relieved that we only booked one night. Avoid this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BarbaraSchiesser
Phillip N, Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Good morning,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. I would like to truly apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and regretfully in your case, we failed to meet that criteria. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back again.
Grosmont, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We had the great misfortune to stay at the weekend when some sort of religious gathering of teenagers took place.

The whole place was out of control, with hotel management unable to get a grip, and the conference staff who should be supervising the kids apparently taking leave of absence.

The noise level when we arrived was awful, and when we eventually got to our room, we had to say that we could not stay with that level of noise. It took some time to sort it out, as the kids thought it was fun to see how many they could stuff into a lift, and then just go from floor to floor, so all three lifts were essentially out of action to other guests.

We were moved to the executive floor, via the service lift, to a room that had a put-up bed, but at least it was quieter, or at least we thought so at the time. At 1.30 in the morning the room next door was returned to and noise level woke us.

Of course, the Hilton staff were embarrassed and the duty manager did his best to offer compensation, but the basic question is: Why did they not alert guests, who were not part of the group, that this was the situation, then we could have considered other options before arrival. Apparently this group comes every year, and the hotel needs their income, not unnaturally.

At least the breakfast was good.

As I have stayed there before, I know, from experience, that it can be better than this, so I would suggest if you are going to stay there check out that the devil's disciples are not in town that night too.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cwyfan
Phillip N, Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Good morning,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and regretfully in your case we failed to meet that criteria. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back again.
West Chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We were occupying 2 rooms in downtown Harrisburg. The hotel accommodations and staff were superior. The hotel was located in an area easily in walking distance from major tourist locations. We were celebrating our grandson's 12 birthday. The hotel recognized the event with a special gift--an admittance to a local science museum. A nice gesture.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Richard,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. I am so pleased that you were able to celebrate your grandson's special day with us and the our team helped to make it more memorable. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

The floor we were on showed recent renovation, smelled slightly of plaster and paint. But the carpet and walls were clean, the room spacious and well appointed, and it was a great night's rest. Very nice service from the valet to the front desk. I'll return when back in Harrisburg.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Yale Dad,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. We are so delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the newly updated rooms, with all of its distinctive amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.