“Nice, but could be better”
Review of Hilton Harrisburg

Hilton Harrisburg
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Columbia, United States
“Nice, but could be better”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We chose this hotel for a two night getaway to Harrisburg/Hershey with 3 small children. The size of the room was adequate, and the location is nice, with access to the Whitaker Center, theaters and shopping via the indoor Strawberry Arcade. However, the sliding doors on the closet and bathroom were not installed correctly, so I was concerned our small son was going to pull one of them down. I guess I expected more from a Hilton. For a lower rate at other hotels, you can get a bigger room that is just as nice, and breakfast too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Jennifer S
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Jennifer,
Thank you for choosing us during your last visit. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. We have recently undergone a renovation of our guest rooms and appreciate your feedback about the ways in which we can improve. We are refining the guest room experience, such as adjusting the doors to ensure unquestionable safety. We do hope that you will have a chance to join us again.
313-253-4344

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Due to work, I stay at this hotel 3-4 weeks a year. My work companions have always had complaints but I don't usually join in. However with a multimillion dollar renovation underway, the hotel just isn't getting better. Here's my experience:

I checked into a room with a view of a parking garage 20 ft from my window. No problem, someone has to get the crappy views. But there were no sheers on the window which meant I either had to allow the parking lot to watch me in my room or go without sunlight for 9 days. My refrigerator was broken and I lost all my food one night. I called late and asked that it be fixed the next day, which it wasn't. When I called back and also mentioned the window dressings, the manager was very nice, apologized, changed my room, and had room service send up comparable snacks to what I had lost. My new room had a much better view and working fridge but had an awful mess in the sink which I had to have housekeeping come up and clean. The next morning the outlet in the bathroom didn't work and I had to have that fixed too.

So in general, while the staff is very nice and accommodating, the actual rooms (both of the ones I was in were already renovated) aren't very high quality. The sink design causes it to back up so there's always residue left. The new bathroom doors provide little privacy and don't work well. The pvc pipes are exposed under the sink. The towels are not kept across the room from the shower so if you forget to put one near the shower you are forced to get water all over the bathroom.

And on top of all of this, the last night there I rolled my desk chair towards the desk and the plastic wheel snapped off. The brand new chair.

Staff is nice. Rooms are not. Location is good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's not near the service elevator if you're a light sleeper. You can hear...
4 Thank KateAlexis
Kate,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Our goal is to provide superior service and accommodations to each and every guest that stays with us. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests, and I appreciate you recognizing the impact that they had on your visit. As you have pointed out, we have recently refreshed all of our guest rooms. I apologize that they were not to the high level that you should expect of us. Please know that we are continuing to refine the guest room experience through your feedback. We do hope to have a chance to welcome you back so we can provide the flawless experience you deserve. Please reach out to me directly so I have a chance to follow up on your concerns.
New York City, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Both the room and the public spaces are very wlecoming, as is the staff. I felt cared for and attended to. Never having been to Harrisburg before, I was startled to find such a fine establishment. I wish I'd had the time, and the bathing suit, to use the indoor pool and the fitness center. From my 11th-floor room, I had spectacular views of the Susquehanna River.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Elizabeth,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments with us and your fellow travelers. We can’t wait to welcome you back so you can enjoy the pool.
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The Harrisburg Hilton is very well located in the heart of town. Hotel has just had the rooms updated and redecorated, lobby and restaurants are about to also be updated, so there may be some disruption in the near future.

1 Thank nickvandekar
Nick Vanderker,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. We will be updating our other areas of the hotel and are striving to insure that it has no impact on our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Pitman, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Was located in great area. Hotel and staff were wonderful. Resturants and pubs were very close by. Nice park one block away on island. Also convient to State House. Felt safe in area also. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Maurice,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you found the location to be perfect for your visit and that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
raleigh, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The hotel is very comfortable, the room was perfect, I have not complains. The service is efficient and the check-in & check-out was extremely fast and easy. There is a service to the airport very affordable and comfortable. The location is great and I plan to stay in Hilton Hotels in the future. They provide an excellent service

Cecilia,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. We are so delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the hotel, with all of its distinctive amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Apparently, the hotel was just renovated, and that is exactly how it feels. The room was spacious, clean, and in excellent condition. Room service was also very efficient, and the food in the hotel restaurant was good (though, I think, not terribly cheap). Overall, every step of the way things worked as they should. My one complaint is that the hotel charges for the shuttle to the airport. It's certainly much cheaper than a cab, but I wonder if that should be complimentary. On the flip-side, the driver was very helpful and punctual. Definitely an excellent place to stay when you're in Harrisburg.

Sasha,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. We try to make everyone’s visit memorable by providing the best comfort, the friendliest service, and the best of amenities; and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. As you have pointed out, we too are excited about the changes that have been made with the renovation and appreciate the specific feedback about how we are improving. I am so glad that the service you were provided was to the high level we expect, from reception, to the restaurant, in room dining, and our shuttle drivers. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.