“Quiet and clean” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Quiet and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was quiet, clean and modern. The front desk employee was extremely rude. The beds wee every comfortable but the comforter was too small for the bed so it was uncomfortable. The parking was reasonably priced but difficult to get in and out of.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank MicheleVaudt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Check in
Ok so we stayed over July fourth weekend.. Two seperate rooms same floor which by the way they were excellent in not hassling because we showed up an hour before check in and also accommodating when we requested to be on the same floor:) the rooms were spacious and beds were beyond soft and comfortable!
:( our biggest complaint was guests staying on the same floor between the two rooms decided to have an all out screaming match , swearing on the hour every hour banging doors, in the hallway, breaking things, this was not part of hotel stay especially since traveling with children who were also woken up! And for this reason and others I probably would not be back at this hilton in the future
Breakfast
I'm a huge fan of cleanliness and this buffet was not.
The flies all over the breads and fruit .. Disgusting,
The hostess cutting vegetables in bar area and stocking lemons for bar use without gloves and handling money at same time with servers.. Disgusting . Hilton has always been What I thought to be exemplary , the money spent on hotel stay parking etc. experience I would book elsewhere and pay more. D. Cartagena

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Darlene C
Reston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

The location and room are very good - but the small stuff, like replenishing water, Kleenex, shampoo and the sorts is very hit and miss (I stay 4 nights a week for the past 6 months plus). The Executive lounge is frequently out of hot food (both for breakfast and early evening) and cleanup in the evenings is also hit and miss (sometime very good - and sometimes completely ignored for long periods of time (20 to 30 minutes)).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Bill_and_Nives
Phillip N, Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Good morning and Welcome Back!,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. I would like to truly apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and regretfully in your case, we failed to meet that criteria. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. Our Front Office Manager, Mr Hess, has left a message on your hotel phone so that we may follow up with you regarding your comments.
Phillip Neiswender
Rooms Division Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Hilton Harrisburg was a pleasant surprise. The property is within good walking distance of anything downtown, the property was very clean and in good shape, the rooms spacious and nicely decorated. The overall standard was high. Great, really helpful staff. I had no real expecations but this property was really good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RolloX24
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

great location near a vegan restaurant and the riverfront. perfect in every way. real customer service where employees seemed to take genuine pleasure making guests satisfied. we had no idea the city was so pretty--and the Hilton was close to walking trails and historic buildings.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The Hilton is located at the perimeter of the downtown area and easily found when entering the city from I-83. City Island, Whitaker Center, Riverfront Park, Amtrak, and bus terminal are all within a short walk. During the festival season, this location would also be ideal. The private lounge/bar and outdoor seating/drinking area offer a nice retreat from the noisy bars and other nuisances. I enjoyed my stay here and would return.

Tips
- avoid the numerous bars in Second Street if you want a proper meal, check out the smaller restaurants for better food and head to Second Street for drinks.
- ask the concierge to call a petal cab to get you to your destination and offer a great way to see the city. Ask the pedal cab operator to take you over the walking bridge to city island at night.
- numerous parking garages in very close proximity to hotel.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CELapadat
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I spent one night here when I was in Harrisburg on business. The hotel is extremely well located and I would stay there again if I to be in downtown Harrisburg on business. Travelers will also be able to benefit from a major refurbishment. Unfortunately, when I visited the hotel was under renovation on certain floors and that created issues. I was first given a key for the sixth floor but when the elevator opened, there was a ladder directly over the elevator and a workman hanging paper on the wall over the elevator door. Peering out from the elevator, I saw plastic covering the hallway floors and some other workers painting trim. I went back to the front desk and was given a key to another floor. I went to my room which was very large with a couch and a beautiful view to the river but the room was shaking and there was a drilling sound overhead. I went back down to the front desk and was told that the construction was to end by 6 pm although it was already after 6:30 pm. I went back to my room and the drilling continued. Some time later, I went to the floor above and to the room above mine. The door was ajar and there were workers, including one drilling... At this point, it was 8 pm. I went to the front desk for a third time and was given a third room. It was small, near the elevator and across the hall from the ice maker which was making very loud, groaning noises. When I returned the key to the second room to the front desk I mentioned that I thought there was a problem with the ice maker. After all of this, I was given a coupon to the hotel cafe where I went and when I returned to my room after dinner, the ice maker was quiet, apparently having been adjusted in the interim. I don't think too much about having been given a room in the middle of a construction zone and was glad that there was at least another room to be given when I complained. I would have been very unhappy if there had not been. That being said, I think that the hotel will be lovely when the renovations are all done. One caution- be sure to use the GPS friendly address of 200 Market Street and not the One North Second Street mailing address. I wasn't aware of the recommendation and my GPS took me to One North Second Street in an adjacent municipality that most definitely was NOT hospitable. Also, generally food in hotel restaurants isn't more than passable but the food was actually quite good and the service was excellent. Thank you.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business