“Choose another hotel.”
Review of Hilton Harrisburg

Hilton Harrisburg
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night. I checked in late at night and to my surprise the hotel does not have free parking and during the walk from the parking lot to the hotel I felt someone would accost me. The base price of $157 tax incl. did not come with breakfast, I had to pay for water and from the eight floor all I could see was the brick parking lot. What a big disappointment

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Very bad customer service if you want to clarify some charges. It seems that they charge you valet parking without a reason, later on if you want to contact them is nobody available. This was a one day stay and I do not recommend it specially.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My stay here was 5 days filled with great views stellar food , movies in the metro baseball park across the river . With a night life fit for a true college kid.after midnight jimmy johns is going to be your only food spot, event he hotel close there food spots. It's downtown so you know it comes with an abundant amount of homeless individual which wasn't so bad as you think when you hear hotel in the middle of downtown. Might I add GREAT view 10th floor coner suite .

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great room and view from the 14th floor overlooking the Sesquahanna river. Good location to shopping and restraunts. Management will take care of your parking if staying at the hotel. No need to use the valet.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

If you don't use the valet service, put your walking shoes on!

We had to traverse through multiple elevators, steps, four buildings and an extra long hallway to reach the hotel from the self-park garage.

We felt like rats in a maze trying to find the hotel from the self-park garage.
For a person with disabilities, elderly companions or medical challenges, do not stay here.

The hotel layout is awkward.

We had to go up and down elevators to find areas of the hotel which were not always clearly labeled. We often were left wandering around from left to right until we found a hotel employee who pointed us in the right direction.

When we finally found the "indoor pool," it was disappointing. Very Small and limited.

The room were comfortable but our refrigerator did not work so all of our items were lukewarm (some were even hot) after being in the refrigerator for a few hours.

The staff were very friendly but clearly not phased by the numerous guests walking around in circles like we were stuck in "the Matrix" trying to find things around the hotel.

We were waiting for the Matrix phone to ring so we could get the heck out of this disjointed and confusing maze.

We probably walked the equivalent of a 5K traversing the parking lot, getting back and forth to our room or leaving our room to find areas of the hotel.

The hotel is begging for a better layout.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MADESQ2
Phillip N, Manager at Hilton Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Good morning,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. I apologize for the challenge you experienced with your guest room refrigerator. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and regretfully in your case we failed to meet that criteria. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us regarding the hotel layout is genuinely appreciated.
I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back again.
Phillip Neiswender
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Have been going on business trips to the Hilton Harrisburg Hotel for 6-10 days annually for the last 10 years and thought I would update my review. Downtown Harrisburg has undergone many changes for the better during these last 10 years and the Hilton has renovated and modernized all of their rooms. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and the staff is very helpful and courteous. There are many excellent restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and one doesn't need a rental car if their business is downtown. The only reason I am giving a 4 star rating instead of a 5 is because of the occasional shortcomings of housekeeping. Others have alluded recently on their posts that housekeeping is hit or miss here. I was here last month and my toiletries were not replenished. I had to call the front desk for shampoo. This month my bath towel was not replaced nor was my coffee pack replaced. On the positive side, the Hilton's front desk is fantastic. No sooner did I call them did they have someone bring the needed replacements to my room. If someone from the Hilton is reading this, I would suggest that housekeeping use a check list for each of the rooms. This way personnel will be able to check for things they may have overlooked. What I experienced were all minor nuisances that were taken care of immediately by the front desk and I would still recommend the Hilton to everyone and will still stay here for my business trips.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Awesome hotel. Staff was excellent especially Ron the driver and unofficial tour guide / greeter! Downtown Harrisburg is on the rise again and the staff can help you navigate the city. Bar is nice especially out door seating with attentive staff. We will go back.