“The Most Dedicated Stafe EVER!”

Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Everyone at this hotel is on point for their guests. From the Manager Randy to the person who gives you towels. When I first made my ressie the couldnt guarantee a handicap room but I called and the manager did his best to get the rooms for me, I have a rare muscular disrder and have to travel with my sister and they were able to get us rooms across the hall from each other. When We checked in by a very nice young man named Terrance it was quick but when we got to the room they werent exactly across from each other and we needed to be as close as possible for the little ones and if I had muscle"attack" ( I cant walk at all during this ) SO I saw a person that worked for the hotel named Gerri she immediatley switched the room to be right across and it was GREAT! then the staff was amazing Jose that doe Housekeeping was super friendly and even though it wasnt his job helped with some of the moving of things since he saw I was having a hard time. Then one of the nights we were there the kids went a bit overboard with the towels and Drrel saw us talking about towels and without asking brought som over. the Staff goes beyond a normal hotel. The hotel itself is a bit older but they do try to maintain it, the rooms are all big and from my understanding every room is spacious. the outdoor pool was opened and the kids LOVED it and then in the morning it was raing but that didnt matter since the nice warm indoor pool was opened too. Thank You to the great staff for a enjoyable and STRESS FREE vacation. Great Job!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,035)

Reviewed 5 September 2011

Arriving to the hotel we were warmly welcomed as before when doing a IVGCA show there, unfortunately we had gone into our room and it was clean but looked as if someone had forgotten to use a vaccum in the room. I went to the front desk and reported this, they were on it with vaccum and all at 12:30 am. Apologizing, for the maid missing out on this , for the inconvenience they had offered us coupons for free breakfast the rest of the week. The Manager Randy Suart and Jane of business office had shared that this was not normal an again apologized.The dining room staff ,Justine made a ouch to my heart making me feel important , I thank her for that special morning pot of coffee along with Tammy my waitress she always wanted to assure that everything was good . The food in the resturant is wonderful as we spent from 7 am til sometime 12:30 am working,Justine made sue that someone would come down and order food for us at lunch time. Now then theres Tammy she runs banquets and a trooper that she is , sevral months ago at show we had done at there hotel my blood sugar had dropped and I never seen anyone run so fast to get me orange juice, thank you time again, as at this visit she made sure that our business was stocked with soda and water as we worked away, what a asset this hotel has loving people make you feel as if this is your home , we appreciate it. Mick &Jamie at the front desk thank you for the extra mile you gave making sure that we always had a cart or extra papers to wrap or stuff shipping out. Last but never the least Mary & Jess at the lounge thank you for the night cap and the steps to keep us all happy.
TO ANYONE THAT HAS NEVER STAYED AT THIS HOTEL YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE, POOLS , HOT TUBS TENNIS COURT,BASKETBALL COURT AND THE GREATEST CREW EVER. THANK YOU AGAIN, TAMMY,GREG MARK & BOB ! THR & ASSOCIATES

Room Tip: Super clean wonderful staff , home away from home.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2011

The Hotel was very large but easily manageable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. And the pool was gorgeous!

Room Tip: Contact The Front Desk Directly, in advance, to confirm your reservation and anything else you may w...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I checked in and arrived to room 512 after a long day to discover a landfill ... trash everywhere, the bed unmade and debris everywhere.

Thankfully, Danielle (who picked me up at the airport) and Greg at the front desk came to the rescue and got me into another room. They did a great job, but the miscommunication with the cleaning staff should be followed up on.

Thanks Greg and Danielle!

Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
RandyStuart, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2011

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate the words of praise about Danielle and Greg for providing excellent customer service, which will be shared with the entire team. We do however; apologize for checking you into a room that was not prepared according to our normal standards for a newly arriving guest. I can assure you we will review the check-in/check-out procedures with the housekeeping department to avoid a similar situation.

Thanks again for sharing with us your recent experience and for allowing us the opportunity to correct it. We appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Thank goodness for great managers! On my business trip to Harrisburg, I was upset to find that I had booked my overnight on the wrong date. There was a large convention at this hotel and I thought I would be out in the cold but thanks to a great manager, I was given a room. Everything was excellent. We had a clean room and great service. The food in the restaurant was excellent. All I can say is: "Thanks Jaimee (the manager) for saving the day. It sure is great to have an employee that goes over and above to make the customers experience wonderful".

Room Tip: Become a member of the prior club!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2011

My family and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Harrisburg East the weekend of August 27th to escape the hurricane. We had to bring our dog so I found this hotel through petswelcome.com. The hotel is quite old. I'm guessing it was built in the 60's or 70's. It is large and shaped like a "U" so it takes awhile to get to your room. Ours happened to be all the way in the back so we had to walk awhile to get to it. The room was also old but it had a flat screen tv that was a bit unclear. Our next door neighbors were very loud! The walls seemed like they were made out of paper. We heard their children all night and then they were up at the crack of dawn the next morning crying and screaming. I had to call down to the front desk as their tv seemed to be on the same wall as our beds so we heard every word of the tv show they were watching. They did have another room available but it was all the way on the other side of the hotel so we just stayed where we were. I did speak to the manager about this thinking he would maybe credit out room but he didn't. The bathroom had great water pressure but again instead of gutting it they just put a bath liner on top of the old tub
The carpets in the hallway are stained partly from animals being allowed to stay and also because people were walking from the pools with wet feet/clothes and dripping on them. The pools by the way were huge. There was an outdoor one that looked very new with a new playground and a large back lawn. The indoor pool had tables and chairs to relax in while the kids went in the pool. We did have the breakfast buffet which was only 10.00 for adults and 2.00 for children. It was an average buffet but the bacon tasted very strange. The staff was overwhelmed but we find that anywhere outside of New York that has more than a couple of tables is like that. I did ask one of the chefs, who was putting food out, for another box of cereal. He snapped at me that it wasn't his job and to ask our server. That was really unnecessary as he was putting everything else out! Overall the staff was very friendly except for him. They were checking in hundreds of people so they could have had more people at the front desk. All in all we wouldn't stay here for vacation but it suited our needs for a couple of nights and the price wasn't outrageous. If you need basic accomodations then it's fine but if you're looking for a resort then you probably won't be happy. ***There is a brand new shopping center across the street with a Chili's, Friendly's and Target which was very helpful and it's only about 10ms from Hershey park.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
RandyStuart, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

Thank you for posting a comment regarding your recent experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to bring some of the noted items to our attention. We would also like to apologize for any inconvenience we caused you as a result of your stay.

The unfortunate evacuation of destinations outside Pennsylvania caused by Hurricane Irene put several people in harms way and the Harrisburg, PA market provided a safe last minute option for families. As a result, we were extremely busy and we should have prepared accordingly. Should this ever occur again, we will commit the entire service team to be readily available as needed to ensure complete guest satisfaction. I will also address the behavior of the team member from the kitchen with the appropriate department.

Your comments and business are very important to us and serve as a reminder to all of us how important customer feedback is in today’s service environment. We would like to welcome you back in the future and assure you of our complete cooperation.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

Thank you for a great weekend conference location and a staff that is congenial and goes the extra step in order to make our stay even more special. Great food, great service, and a great price. Thank you,

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
RandyStuart, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Thank you for your wonderful remarks regarding our staff and accommodations, which I have shared with our team. We are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.