“I keep coming back”

Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Atlanta, Georgia
“I keep coming back”
Reviewed 16 September 2011

This place is a very good choice for the business traveler. Near the airport, nice clean & spacious rooms, good TV channel selection, quiet hallways and a good restaurant to boot. I'll stay there again when in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for one looking over the pool.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 16 September 2011

My stay was terrible and I'll never be back. Be careful here. There seem to be two parts of this facility. One from the 50's which is poorly maintained - peeling wallpaper and spider webs abound. Another, more visible, under the process of renewal which seems pretty nice. Bigest problem for me is that management failed to respond to any concerns I had. NO RESPONSE from those who operate this facility...So, NEVER AGAIN will I stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Demand a room in the newly upgraded portion. Don't expect much from management.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Tom L
RandyStuart, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 17 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire team for the condition items noted, and take full responsibility for the lack of management response. We understand the importance of responding to customers needs and focus on these requests regularly, but it appears we failed in your case. Service recovery is part of our culture and based upon your comments, we are reminded of its importance in today’s business.

Your comments have been addressed and reminders to all departments about maintaining proper standards have been reviewed accordingly. I can assure you condition and communication will improve as a result of your feedback.

We apologize again and hope to get another opportunity to demonstrate how much we appreciate your business.
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Hotel was very unclean bugs everywhere. Addresses with staff and excuse wad building is old .NOT ACCEPTABLE

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank rde120
RandyStuart, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 18 September 2011
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention. We are also very sorry for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you.

Our pesticide vendor (Ehrlich) visits the property weekly to perform preventive maintenance throughout the entire hotel. I will address your concerns with them and make sure we have not missed any area. I will also address the cleanliness concerns with the housekeeping department to ensure we maintain our high standards of cleanliness.

Your business is very important to us and we hope to have another opportunity to accommodate you in the future.
Saxonburg
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I travel a lot (2-3 nights a week). So, I work from my room in the evenings so I often order room service. Jerry was like having my own waiter in my room. He made a special effort to make sure I had the correct silverware for my food. Presented my food to me. Jerry treated me like I was his only customer, with effeciency, energy, and kindness. I never write these reviews, but Jerry was worth me taking the time and extra effort to say how absolutely wonderful he is. What a great person!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
We appreciate the kind words about Jerry. Your experience with him is how he treats every guest, which we are all extremely grateful for his superior customer service skills. I will share your comments with him and applaud him for his efforts.

Thank you again for the words of praise for Jerry. We appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you again in the future.
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I am staying at this hotel again this year as part of one of the groups in town for the RV show in Hershey. Just like last year's stay, this year's stay is off to a great start. Danielle picked me up at the airport and is very pleasant. My luggage didn't make it to town when I did, so she was kind enough to take me over to Target to get some things to tide me over until my luggage arrives (hopefully it WILL arrive). She gave me a referral to some restaurants nearby so when one of my friends from Ohio arrives tomorrow we have some choices for dinner.
When Danielle got us back to the hotel, we were greeted at the front desk by Terrance. Terrance certainly went over and above to get me checked in on the floor I wanted to be on, even providing me with ice for my room since the water was not yet sanitary in the ice machines from the flood. Terrance made sure all my questions were answered before wishing me well on my stay and sending me on my way.
My room is spacious (they are not this large back home) and very comfortable. I am glad we are staying here again this year. This is a great facility with an awesome team that really cares - you can tell just by some of the questions they ask and always wanting to know if there is something else they can do to make me even more comfortable.
I also really like that this is a non-smoking facility. I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke and I appreciate being able to breathe clean air. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2011

During the flood in the area I had to evac my home at 2am in the morning. With my 20 month old daughter and 2 dogs I had to find a place to stay! Eric at the desk had a room with a floor level balcony and a bellcart ready! Mary B. the F&B supervisor was also very helpful helping me to the room!
A great place and super helpful!
In the morning walking my dogs in and around the beautyfull courtyard area and tennis courts. I had a chance of talkig to other hotel guest who also where walking their dogs. Most where also evacuated from their homes and all said how relieved they were being able to have their pets with them!
The holiday inn prides it's self across the country to be a family friendly hotel and I thank the holiday inn Harrisburg east to also include in that statement our four legged family members!

• Stayed September 2011
Islip Terrace, New York
Reviewed 10 September 2011

This hotel was part of a package deal to go to hershey with U.P.S about 4 years ago . the staff are great the rooms are clean the pool and hot tub are very nice . they are busy on friday night for sure but thats okay the place is a convention center also. just wish it would hae a continental breakfast and last but not least the prices are very affordable

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family