“Great Place to take Your Dog!”

Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great Place to take Your Dog!”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My boss booked this hotel for our company meeting. On my own, I contacted the hotel beforehand to find out if it is pet-friendly, and it is. So, I brought my 20-pound, ten-year-old Llasa Apso with me. Because of the dog, my room was in the lower level. At first, I thought things looked dingy and worn in the hallway, but when I entered my room, the room was very clean, spacious, and well-decorated. The bonus is when I exited through my private double-glass doors to my own patio and to the courtyard. I was able to easily walk my dog around the grass, and he explored the courtyard loving every minute of his adventure. It was so convenient! There is an olympic-size pool, jungle-gym area, and hot tub in the courtyard also. It would be great for families also. The front desk (Mick) was very helpful and accommodating to me with my pet. I needed extra time to crate him in my room during my meeting, and they allowed me to check out three hours late without penalty. There is a small pet fee -- very worth it for pet lovers. The common areas are very up-to-date and well decorated also. I would definitely stay here again and again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience with us. I’m sure your dog was just as thrilled with our property as you were. Our designated section of pet-friendly rooms on the second floor makes it convenient for pet lovers. We are fortunate to have such great amenities as noted in your review, which does provide fantastic value for families. I will be sure to let Mick know how much you appreciated his service.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The hotel was beautiful! The service was amazing! Even the shuttle driver was awesome! The breakfast wasn't free which sucked but the service was fantastic! There was a server working Justine, an older woman, she was amazing! Overall it was a good stay!

• Stayed March 2012
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We do offer packages rates that include breakfast if you’re interested in the future. We appreciate the kind words regarding the service you received from our van driver and Justine. I will make sure they get recognized for their efforts.

Your business is much appreciated.
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The Holiday Inn Harrisburg East was one of the host hotels for a large ice hockey tournament this weekend. Ranall Stuart, the General Manager of the Hotel went out of his way to make sure that all of the teams had everything they needed. For our team specifically, he provided access to the Hotel ampitheatre at no charge to allow our team to view a Movie on Friday night. He even had the staff set up a DVD player and gave us full access to the advanced AV equipment in the room. It was a great experience and will not be forgotten.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
We appreciate the kind words regarding your recent experience with us. We enjoy the tremendous benefit our amphitheater provides our guests. It’s not something you find in a hotel, and we’re pleased it was available for your team.

Providing a great experience is what it’s all about and how we like our guests to feel. Your business is very much appreciated.
Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 March 2012

On Sunday we celebrated my mother's birthday at the delicious brunch at this hotel. The brunch was highly recommended by a friend, and I can see why. There was a variety of choices including prime rib, seafood,omelets, and delicious scalloped potatoes plus scrumptious carrot cake. Our table service was also excellent.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Arrived in Harrisburg, PA late in the evening of 3/12/2012, stayed until the morning of 3/17. The hotel is conveniently close to the airport and nearby restaurants. As a return customer, I received a free upgrade to a large suite having two bathrooms, refrigerator, microwave, a large living room and large bedroom. My room also had a large balcony spanning both the living room and bedroom that overlooked the courtyard entertainment and outdoor pool area. It was very quiet and quite comfortable. While interacting with the hotel staff, as lead by the Front Desk Manager, Jamie See, I had come to find that they were extremely professional in the performance of their duties while remaining very respectful, friendly and courteous. Jamie was very helpful and kind, seeing that I had all that I needed as a guest and engaged in much welcomed conversation with me. Also worthy of mention, are Jemelle Noon who expressed a sincere interest in the quality of my stay, Mary Brown who provided excellent service in the hotel lounge, and Andrew Stanstic whom provided expedient safe travel to and from the airport each night. The quality of a Hotel is represented, not only through its overall appearance and amenities, but more importantly through the professionalism of its staff. The collective character of this Hotel staff reflects greatly upon themselves and upon Holiday Inn, Inc. For this reason I rank it among the best hotels that I have ever experienced that include some 5-star resorts in the Caribbean. A job well done to Holiday Inn, Inc., Jamie See, Jemelle Noon, Andrew Stanstic and Mary Brown.

Room Tip: Request a room over looking the courtyard for added quietness.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
We are absolutely thrilled you enjoyed every aspect of your recent stay, and appreciate your return visit. We are also pleased to hear so many of our team members exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to acknowledge them for their service excellence during our next team rally.

Thank you for ranking us as one of best hotels you’ve ever experienced. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We had a very large group of young hockey players here for a tournament. The General Manager (Randall Stuart) bent over backwards to make sure that we had great accomodations and things to do with the kids. Terrific swimming pools, arcade, close to Hershey, and large conference rooms to accomodate large groups of people.

We had a great experience.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We offer various amenities for all types of groups and sizes, and are pleased to hear you took full advantage of them. Having a great experience while staying with us is our goal, it’s what we strive for every day.

We hope your team had a successful weekend and look forward to the opportunity of accommodating you again in the future.
Rochester MN
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I recently had the opportunity to take in the gorgeous view from the indoor pool and to interact with an employee named Joann. She was very kind to me and took into consideration some of my special needs and made talking to her a joy. I am often greeted by people that stare and behave differently toward me. This was not the case with her or any of the other staff for that matter.

5 stars from me in my personal experience.

Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
We are pleased to hear about the warm welcome you received from Joann and the rest of our staff during your recent stay with us. We take tremendous pride in treating every guest like family and appreciate your acknowledgement of the great customer service we provided you.

Thank you for your business. We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the near future.