“Droll amenities”

Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 12 April 2012

3 fantastic reasons to stay at this hotel:

The best hot tub ever: 8 to 9 ft in diameter, 4 ft deep and an expansive view of the night sky with bubbling hot water.

A quaint English-style pub: Very cozy just like the village pubs in England and somehow able to cause perfect strangers to introduce themselves and begin engaging conversations.

Mary B., the barkeep, whose care and affection for those sidled up to the bar inspires the convivialty that encourages strangers to become acquaintances

Seriously, if you have a hard day's work ahead of you in Harrisburg you'll feel welcome and at home at this hotel. And wait until you see the warm indoor pool and then the huge outdoor pool. Come for the quiet but be sure to enjoy the waters and libations.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,037)

Reviewed 11 April 2012

The people that work here make the hotel.... From the SMile Terrenance gives at the front desk to the presence of the Jaime and Jamelle, these are 3 sincere ppl that love and respect their job. MAJOR KUDOS in the staff. Even Donna the cleaning lady who welcomes you with a smile and there is a gentleman in the cleaning staf mid 40's hispanic and i believe his Tag said JOSE, who says hello every morning. you cant beat this staff. I have stayed at high end hotels but they need to learn from this wonderful Holiday Inn. BUT I was awoken at 3am due to a fire alarm pull, and this is the problem I hae, 1 I am grateful inmy room the fire alarm worked and i was super loud but the next day we found out that other rooms didnt even here the alarm. I do hope they look into this. I hope there never is a fire but if there was I would want the hotel to be notified. Being woken up at 3 am with a child is scary and my daughter still is having nervous wrecks ( 6yrs old) and starts to cry when the TV does the broadcast er thing. I know that at least 3 of us that ran out of the hotel had kids and I am sure they are havng issues too. It was VERY VERY SCARY. I had to drive 4hours the next day, I was so exhausted since I was up at 3 that i decide to spend the night ( better safe then a car accident) I personally feel as that I should of been offered a room for free since the fire alarm was a false and according to the staff do to a coffee maker in their restaurant. And it only affected a few rooms. That it was something they should of offered to the 5 rooms it really affected. I still love the hotel and think they are amazing and I am 100% sure this isnt a normal occurrence so they didnt really know how to handle it. I would stay here again , it was a rare incident , they have a great indoor pool that is warm ( though little kids need floaties or swim vests) a wonderful playground and outdoor pool. the staff is friendly. so I would stay here. again with out thought. Its is also a 20-30 minute drive to all the attractions like Hershey Park and Duchwonderland

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

We appreciate your acknowledgement of our amazing team members. I cannot agree more with your opinion of our staff being the best as they consistently receive high praise from our customers. I will make sure each one gets recognized for their efforts.

Regarding life safety, it is without question something we take very seriously. We sincerely apologize that our system was set off by steam from a coffee machine in the kitchen area. We addressed the part that caused the excessive steam to avoid such a reoccurrence. Our Safety Committee met the following Tuesday and decided to conduct a fire drill to ensure our alarm system and staff awareness performed as they should, and you will be pleased to know they did. Our service provider ADT was also contacted and they assured us our system is functioning properly.

Once again, life safety is extremely important to us and we take your feedback very seriously. We apologize for the timing of the fire alarm, but are grateful for the safety of our customers. I hope your daughter is able to overcome this experience.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

We had an excellent brunch yesterday at the Holiday Inn. Heather (our server) and Marcy took care of our every need. We plan to do this again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed our Easter Brunch. Our staff takes great pride in preparing for these special events. Mother’s Day is just around the corner, so come and enjoy another great dining experience. We promise to do the dishes!

Your business is much appreciated.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Room was very clean great employees, would stay again nuff said.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Went for Sunday Easter Brunch. Wonderful selection of hot & cold foods and desserts! WOW
Our servers, Jenn & Jake were very attentive and pleasant! Good Job!
Will come back again and again for this wonderful experience!
Thanks

Room Tip: Did not stay, although the Lobby Areas were very clean and appealing to the eye. Went for Easter Br...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank P E
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stay at this property fairly often for work, and the staff is always courteous and helpful. One of the van drivers, Pat, always remembers me and has a kind word to say and a offer for a ride, even if I'm just running across the street to the Target. Just today, one of the maintenance guys took time out from whatever he was busy doing to get the business center internet working for me in a very efficient and friendly manner. Indoor/outdoor pools, a convenient location. Overall one of the more pleasant hotels I stay at.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I have stayed at this location on several occasions for work purposes. This is a nice hotel if you are staying for the weekend or for business. The accommodations are always fantastic, providing spacious rooms which are both clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Anytime I have had questions, the staff was more than helpful and went out of their way to make sure my questions were answered. The food was great and served quickly. It is this great service which will keep me returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
vh34, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Thank you for providing us with such positive feedback regarding your regular visits to our property. We realize there are various lodging options in the area, and are pleased to hear how much confidence you have in our service. It’s employees such as Pat and our maintenance team that offers the “whatever it takes” attitude to making our customers feel at home, and keeps them coming back.

Thank you for your loyalty and business. We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.