“Facility not what we expected.....FIRST CLASS STAFF”

Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My wife and I booked here for 2 nights Oct 12-Oct 14 through IHG's website for a Hershey Park visit. We read the user reviews on their site and the reviews were mostly positive. We arrived early and were allowed to check right in. The view in this room was terrible. All we could see was a landing filled with stagnant water. I brought it up to the front desk and the young man, sorry that I forgot his name because he was so helpful and deserved to be commended, offered us a suite and even allowed us to pick the room from the lobby. A few hours later after lunch and shopping, we checked into our room. We were extremely disappointed with the condition of the room. The carpet was strained, both beds were sunk, the ceiling in the closet was exposed, the showerhead was covered in some green stuff. So, about an hour and a half after checking in, we checked out, taking the monetary loss and so spent the two nights at the Candlewood Suites a mile away (I will review that later). The staff did everything to make us happy, and I thank them for that. The general manager called me a few days later to apologize. I wish they could have issued me a refund instead.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank droolytabooly
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Droolytabooly,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit with us. We regret to learn our property failed to meet your expectations as a first time guest - my sincere apologies. We strive to meet and exceed every guest’s expectations, and will do whatever it takes to ensure their complete comfort and enjoyment. Mick was the desk agent who tried to accommodate you with another room – thank you for acknowledging his efforts to assist you and your wife with a room facing the courtyard. I discussed your feedback about the second room with the team, and will take the necessary action steps to avoid any future disappointment from our valued guests.

I left you message regarding your IHG Club Rewards points, and how we processed this on your account – it’s all part of our Hospitality Promise.

Again, my apologies to you and your wife for the inconvenience we caused. I hope we have another opportunity to accommodate you again, with a much better experience!

There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey

Reviewed 2 October 2013

From the first moment you step into this hotel, you are treated like family. The service you receive is excellant from all you encounter at this hotel. The rooms are clean and great space. Any problems are handled with professional experts. Great people everywhere in the hotel, even when I got lost, they helped find my way back.
We will be back, tytyty
Food is great, service is great, great place to go and stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear Beej_hal,

We are thrilled to read you found our service and accommodations excellent – thanks for the review. Service excellence is our #1 priority and will continue to be 24/7. Our staff takes tremendous pride in making sure every guest receives fantastic service, and they enjoy knowing their goal is consistently achieved. We understand you have various lodging choices in the Harrisburg/Hershey market, and we’re thrilled to read your next visit will be with US!

Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I traveled to Harrisburg to attend a wedding. The Holiday Inn East on Lindle Rd. is the hotel that was selected for all attendees of the wedding to stay in.

The hotel is conveniently located just off of Highways 83/81/581. It has a nice layout with the restaurant and bar sitting just off to the left across from the front desk at the main entrance. The staff at the front desk were friendly and professional. The housekeeping and room service staff were also very friendly.

Our room was located on the main level, which is also the 3rd level--back in the B wing. The hallway leading to the room and the room itself had a bit of a musty, dank smell. After entering the room and turning on the air conditioning, the smell wasn't as noticeable.

The room was nicely appointed with a King-sized bed, a couch, a table/work area and the usual tv and dresser. We noticed water marks/stains on the ceiling above the bed but besides that, the room seemed mostly clean.

The bathroom was about medium-sized. The decor in the bathroom was lacking. On the surface, it looked okay, but after just a minute or so, I noticed the rust around the fixtures in the bathtub, the messy caulk job in both the bathtub and around the sink and the grimey grout between the tiles of the bathroom floor.

All in all, the hotel was better than average and I would stay here again if need be.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Hicksal,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and feelings of your recent experience with us by writing a review on TripAdvisor – much appreciated. We encourage feedback from our guests, as it gives us insight on where we can improve and what makes them happy. Your comments regarding the 3B hallway and your guestroom will be reviewed with the appropriate departments, focusing on preventive maintenance for immediate improvement.

We appreciate your business and kind words regarding our staff.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We had an excellent experience with the staff. The young man who checked us in was friendly and he took time to explain benefits of being a member. Every single employee we encountered made us feel welcome. The hotel is a little dated but the room was clean, inviting and spacious. The inside pool area was very nice. The water was a perfect temperature. Our daughter and family recently moved to the Harrisburg area and we want to find a hotel we can stay in when we do visit. We will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The Holiday Inn East in Harrisburg Pa. off Lindle Road is a Great place to stay, I come to Harrisburg from time to time for work and had stayed at other hotels in the area but not anymore I have found a place to feel like home here at the Holiday Inn East. The employees and Managers are the friendlist people and the rooms are HUGE and very comfortable and clean, My Son and his family are here also and my 2 1/2 yr old Granddaughter lost their keyes which she put in a bag of trash and the Holiday Inn employees and Manager went far out of their way to help find them and they did in a trash compactor. This saved my Son right at $400 for a new set of keys. Its not only because they helped that I'm writing this review I'm writing it bacause I travel alot through out the U.S. for work and finding a Hotel like this sure makes the trip away from my home in Mississippi alot more easy. So if your looking for a Hotel while traveling this Holiday Inn will make you feel like Home away from Home. Thanks to all the Employees at the front front desk as well as the Managers that make this Hotel a Great place to stay.... AL Yanez

Room Tip: Just a Great place to stay with BIG rooms............
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Wow I lost my keys and told the hotel I think they may have been in my trash that got thrown out! But lord and behold the whole hotel staff went high alert and on a search ... the GENERAL MANAGER went down to the trash compactor and searched through the mess and FOUND THEM!!! we are very thankful for what he did and the staff done stopping what they were doing to help us thank yall far as the rest of our stay this hotel is very friendly clean awesome and kid friendly

• Stayed: September 2013
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Dear ajy6011,

Thanks for the kind words regarding our staff and service – much appreciated. We appreciate when a valued guest takes the time to recognize our commitment to service excellence. Situations such as yours are nothing more than an opportunity for us to do whatever it takes in an effort to help our guests, we call them - defining moments! We’re passionate about customer service, and we will never stop delivering it at the highest of standards.

Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I'm usually a guest here once or twice a year for meetings/conferences and I am always impressed by the attentive staff. They can't do enough to make sure that every stay is your best stay. No problem is too big or too small for them to attend to as if it were the only thing they had to do. The hotel is clean, the food is very good, the staff very friendly and always make sure every question is answered, every need is attended to. A huge shout out to Randy and Jose - two of the best!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Helen,

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback by posting a review of your most recent experience with us. We enjoy reading that you’re always pleased with the service and accommodations we provide you. We strive to do whatever it takes to make sure our guests are comfortable throughout their entire stay, and are happy to know we consistently exceed your expectations.

Your business is much appreciated.

Randall J. Stuart, CHA, CHME

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisburg
Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center
Homewood Suites Harrisburg East-Hershey Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport Hershey
Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey
Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey
#24 of 50 in Harrisburg
Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue

Been to Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey? Share your experiences!