“Christmas and New Year in Pa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey

Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Seattle, Washington
“Christmas and New Year in Pa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I had a great stay at the Holiday Hbg East.
I had a long drive from DC to Hbg and when I got there, check in was fast and the room was clean and inviting. Geri Osborne was friendly and offered great guest services. She made sure that I had coffee and plenty of towels. All of the staff was very helpful when I asked questions and upon checking out Randy the manager made sure to ask how my stay was which I thought was awesome as he was very attentive at check in as well.

Room Tip: I have now stayed in the lower level and the top floor, both were great. This time however, I staye...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Beket,

We appreciate the feedback you offered us as a result of your recent stay with us – thank you. We’re thrilled to read we exceeded your expectations as a valued guest. We want nothing but the absolute best for our guests, and will continue to do whatever it takes to ensure their complete satisfaction 24/7. Providing great service is a hallmark of our property, and something we truly embrace. I’m glad to hear Geri made sure you had everything you needed throughout your visit.

Thank you for selecting us as your lodging choice. We wish you a happy and prosperous New Year!

Randall J. Stuart, CHA, CHME

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Norton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

i found it to be a great would love to stay again the frount office personal was very friendly mick was exceptional no problem it was great getting a ride when needed . The only thing I would suggest is to put cigarette trays outside ro avoid cig butts outside, it doesnt look clean.Thanks Leo

Room Tip: See Mick at check in
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear Leo,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our behalf – much appreciated. We're pleased to read you found our accommodations and service “fantastic”. We strive for this type of experience for all our guests, and always smile when they leave very happy – goal accomplished! I will be sure to address the cigarette comment immediately. We’re a smoke-free property, so I need to ensure the designated exterior areas are well maintained and have the appropriate receptacles. Thank you for acknowledging the efforts of Mick.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions for trainings over the past year. I have to say that the staff have gotten much more attentive since the last time I was here. Front desk staff was welcoming and employees greeted you as they passed.

I had one issue during my stay and it was addressed VERY quickly by hotel management. And, the general manager checked in with me the following day to see how my stay was going. It made me feel like I was a VIP guest. A feeling you don't typically get from a Holiday Inn.

Further, I always eat breakfast at the hotel's Restaurant. And even though I've only stayed here a few times in the last year Becki, one of the wait staff remembered me and made me again feel as though I was a Hotel VIP.
This is a good hotel for conferences and meetings as I have attended several here the last couple of years.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear Phillytomster,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent experience with us. We’re pleased to read our service was much improved from your last visit. We strive to provide the type of experience our guests expect and deserve. We know you have various lodging choices, and we always want to be your #1 selection when visiting the Harrisburg/Hershey area – business or pleasure. My apologies again for the issue that occurred during your recent stay – I‘m grateful you gave us the opportunity to immediately address it. Your acknowledgment of Becki is much appreciated. I know she will be all smiles when I show her your review.

Thank you for your business – Happy New Year!

Ettters
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel just for a night away and was pleasantly surprised by the entire staff. From the time we checked in and were greeted with a warm and friendly smile by Mick at the front desk who went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable and within 5 minutes of getting to our room called to make sure everything was in order! Hotel is very clean and has all the amenities possible so no need to leave the property. The fantastic experience continued as we went to the lounge for a nightcap but found ourselves still there several hours later! Now we have Mary to blame for that the wonderful lady heading up the bar! From the time we sat till the time we left she was a great person to us and we talked and talked! Love her!
Living close to the property you wouldn't think we would get a hotel however wanted to get away and since the entire staff is so nice we decided to spend New Year's Eve there!
Thank You so much Holiday Inn for a Wonderful getaway!
We will be back!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Danae0708,

We are happy to learn you were pleasantly surprised by the service and accommodations we provided you – goal accomplished. We truly enjoy serving our guests and are happy to read our “whatever it takes” attitude was once again on full display. This commitment comes easy when you have awesome team members such as Mick and Mary. They understand how valuable your business is, and are passionate about delivering it at the highest level. We appreciate your acknowledgement of their service.

Thank you for your business and feedback – much appreciated.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We wanted to just get away for the night with no kids so we picked this place about 7 miles from where we live and couldn't be more pleased!
The manager Mick checked us in and couldn't of been kinder! The room was fantastic and service was impeccable and he went way out of his way to make us feel welcome!
We had such a nice time and the hotel has a great pool and restaurant and is kid friendly we decided to book it for New Years Eve and bring the kids! I highly recommend this hotel!
I stayed in hotels about 100 nights this year and for the price this can't be beat!
Thanks Mick we need more staff like you!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear Shoedogmattb,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent lodging experience with us. Escaping close to home “Staycation” rocks when you find the right accommodations, and we’re thrilled it was with us. We offer exceptional value, awesome amenities and a Customer Service Team unmatched – thanks for commenting. We also appreciate the kind words regarding Mick. He truly enjoys taking care of our guests, and always does it at the highest level.

We look forward to accommodating you and your family on NYE and assure you of the same fantastic experience.

Oxford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed there for a business meeting with 20+ coworkers. Rooms were clean and nice. Staff was nice, meeting rooms were nice. Strange having to take an elevator down to my floor. A/C unit was efficient.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Randy S, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear Andrew B,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate when a guests takes the time to offer us feedback, as it allows us the opportunity to evaluate the performance we strive to deliver 24/7 – Exceptional Service Guests Truly Love! We’re happy you found our accommodations inviting and comfortable.

Thank you for your business. We hope to have you back with us again in the near future.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

I lived in the Harrisburg area for over 65 years and we always suggested the Holiday Inn to family friends and customers as the number 1 place to stay. Now when returning to Harrisburg we make sure to get our reservations early to take advantage of the fantastic staff and amenities. The staff is in my opinion what sets this hotel apart from the others. Whenever we choose eat in the restaurant or enjoy the Sunday Brunch we find everyone more than satisfied with the food but impressed with service. The swimming pool is always at a comfortable temperature along with the Spa. We have had meetings and
Expos and no matter what happens and you know that it can happens their staff steps up to take care of our needs

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Stan065,

Thank you for expressing your complete satisfaction with the accommodations and service you consistently receive when you stay with us. We value the feedback from our guests, as it gives us insight on how we’re delivering on our Hospitality Promise – 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. Our staff is passionate about providing great customer service, and we will never accept anything less than the absolute best for our valued customers 24/7.

We’re grateful you continue to select us as your lodging choice when traveling to the Harrisburg/Hershey area.

Happy New Year!