“Keslie (front desk), and her exceptional service, made the difference for our group!!!”

Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights. Upon arrival, our room was non-smoking yet had faint odor of smoke when we walked in. We went down to discuss and Keslie, at front desk, didn't hesitate to offer us comparable rooms to switch into. However, my wife had already unpacked and opted to stay put. We had get our key replaced a few times (once b/c we mixed up keys with others in group on table by pool; cell phone demagnetized card more than 1 time, etc)... Keslie was there to help us all, every single time, and never lost her patience with us. She was always available...whether walking in to hotel or exiting, Keslie was there with a smile and either a warm greeting or a "see ya soon"! The kids loved her as they were constantly asking to break $5, $10 & $20 for the arcade. We had an issue with machine and she was able to convince their 3rd party rep/vendor to come onsite and resolve the matter on a Sunday morning?! Thanks to her and the vendor for that one!!! We didn't see her when checking out and can only hope she got the chance to go home and relax. She was the face of the Holiday Inn on our visit and because of her service, and the awesome pools (warm a/ plenty of room in and around including towels), we will be staying there again in a couple weeks even though our event is in Hershey. The service is worth driving 20 minutes longer to event as opposed to finding something closer. Keslie was a gamechanger and the difference between our group passing thru one time and now becoming repeat customers every time we are in Central PA area (which is often)!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank NGF33
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear NFG33,

Thank you for providing us with feedback of your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate feedback and we welcome the opportunity to use the guest perspective as we strive to deliver an exceptional experience for all our guests. We’re sorry to read your room had an odor of smoke – very disappointing as every room is designated non-smoking. No matter how simple or challenging the request, we pride ourselves on providing a level of service that will enhance our guests’ experiences. I’m happy to learn Keslie responded quickly and efficiently with any and every request you had. She was all smiles when I showed her what a difference she made with your stay. I so appreciate the “game changer” context, as it really defines what our service culture is all about – whatever it takes 24/7.

We value your business and remain committed to providing welcoming accommodations and exceptional service. We look for to serving you again in the near future.

Randall J. Stuart, CHA, CHME

Write a ReviewReviews (2,033)

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I had a wonderful stay. The staff was very friendly, the food was delicious, the events were awesome! Mick at the front desk was extremely friendly & helpful. Randy was sooo accommodating & greeted by the staff with smiles throughout. Overall I had a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: February 2014
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Holly_Grooves,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback of your recent stay – much appreciated. We are thrilled to read you had a wonderful experience during your visit. We strive to deliver welcoming accommodations and exceptional customer service 24/7. Everything we do here at the Holiday Inn Harrisburg East is centered on our valued guests, and their complete satisfaction.

Thank you for selecting us as your lodging choice. We hope to have you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel staff was nice and showed us great hospitality. The hotel was very accommodating with anything extra that we needed. The entertainment was outstanding. The location was very convienient to shops and nail salon. The nail soak across the street does wonderful pedicures and chocolate scrubs and rubs. If you have to pick a hotel to stay Holiday Inn East Harrisburg is the ONE!

• Stayed: February 2014
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear DiamondGirl2020,

We are pleased to read you found our accommodations, location and customer service “The Best”. We appreciate when a valued guests offers us feedback of their experience. Providing great hospitality is a hallmark of our staff, and something we’re very proud to deliver 24/7. It’s nice to know you were able to take advantage of our awesome amenities and great location to various retail shopping.

We appreciate your wonderful comments and hope to have you back with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

checked in after a rough drive up from
delaware county. was greeted by Jamie;'s..always friendly smile and
david's more than excellent customer service. i travel to harrisburg quite frequently and i am always pleasantly surprised that there are so many different and nice roomy accomodations.

Room Tip: the suites with the balcony are perfect for a weekend trip
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

JoJo403,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us. We’re sorry to learn of your rough drive from Delaware, but thrilled to know the service offered by Jaimee and David put you at ease. We strive to ensure you will be completely satisfied with your stay and that we will meet and exceed the high standards you have come to expect from the Holiday Inn Harrisburg East – goal accomplished.

Thank you for your continued loyalty – much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Every February (for the past 5 years) I return just because of the hotel staff and accommodations. This is a home away from home with no hassles! It's a resort with a hotel name. Lots of amentities in the hotel, with a view and plenty to do in the surrounding area. This place is so nice, I am ready to do a trip in the summer to enjoy their outdoor accommodations: pool, patio, open air deck with music. Just left and miss it already!

Room Tip: Balcony second level

Dear Nicole G,

We appreciate the kind words as noted in your review – thank you. We have made so many new friends, and created hundreds of loyal customers as a result of our “Commitment to Service Excellence”. We’re passionate about delivering great service and comfortable accommodations, and continue to focus on making sure our valued guests are completely satisfied throughout their entire stay.

We value your business and look forward to serving again this summer – bring on the sunshine!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

This is my second year of staying at this hotel for mutiple weekends.The staff was great and very helpful during my stay. I really enjoyed the pool and hot tub amenities. I would recommend this hotel for multiple events.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Tarron J,

Thank you for writing a review of your most recent stay with us. We’re pleased to learn you came back for a second year, and that our accommodations and service continue to make you comfortable. I’m glad to know you were able to enjoy some of our wonderful full-service amenities – indoor pool and Jacuzzi. We want nothing but the absolute best for every group we host – it’s all part of our Hospitality Promise!

Thank you for your loyalty and recommendation to future travelers.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I just returned from a stay at the Holiday inn east Harrisburg, pa and I want to share my experience. My stay was enjoyable and I had no complaints about the hotel and service. My stay was also uneventful until I had left which is when I realized I forgot my Ipad in my hotel room. I called the hotel and talked to a gentleman named Mick. He immediately took down my information and told me he would have someone go look for it in the room. It didn't take long for Mick to call me back with the good news that he had my Ipad in his hand and that he would ship it out to me that day. As you can imagine, I was very nervous waiting to hear if my Ipad was still there or gone. Mick's professionalism with handling the situation should be recognized as I was wanting him to run up to the room right away to check to see if it was still there. He calmly informed me that he needed some other pertinent information that would help in locating the Ipad. I want to thank him again and the Holiday Inn should know they have a valuable employee at their hotel. I will recommend it to anyone staying in Harrisburg.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Randy S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Brian,

We appreciate when a valued guest takes the time to share their experience with us – thank you. We’re delighted to read your visit was enjoyable and that our customer service was great. I’m also pleased to learn we were able to recover your iPad so quickly. These things happen from time to time, but I’m never surprised when a team member follows up in such a fast and efficient manner. I already acknowledged Mick for his swift professionalism – he truly is a Shining Star!

Thank you for your business and recommendation.